[FREETHOUGHT] Men, Women, and Gods by Helen H. Gardener - availle

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I figured something like this would happen eventually: I find myself unable to boot up my main computer. It had a file from this project that I'd already done a ton of editing on. I hope I can get my computer working again and won't have to redo the whole thing! But if I do have to, I wanted to mention it here since there might be a longer than usual delay until I post the next section.

I guess I should get into the habit of backing up my files every time I edit. :lol:
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Thank you for letting me know. I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope you can sort it out soon!

(Anyway, you are not alone there... )
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'm back in business! Here's section 33: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/menwomenandgods_33_gardener_128kb.mp3
5:44

Thank you!

Thanks for your well wishes! Luckily, my hard drive was intact (it was a fan issue), so I didn't have to start from scratch. But I'm definitely in the habit now of backing up my files whenever I edit. :mrgreen:
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm glad things turned out alright after all. :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Good to see you're back, Scarbo!

Section 33 is PL OK. :9:
Jasna

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Sarah
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Section 15 is PL OK. :clap:

WOW I would have loved to meet Ms. Gardener ! :9:
Jasna

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Here's section 19: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/menwomenandgods_19_gardener_128kb.mp3
3:24

Thank you!

WOW I would have loved to meet Ms. Gardener ! :9:
If nothing else, you can see her brain on display at Cornell University! :lol: She had it donated upon her death for scientific research in order to support the research she'd done in her lifetime on how women's brains are not inferior to men's.

Sarah
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Scarbo wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:30 pm Here's section 19: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/menwomenandgods_19_gardener_128kb.mp3
3:24

If nothing else, you can see her brain on display at Cornell University! :lol: She had it donated upon her death for scientific research in order to support the research she'd done in her lifetime on how women's brains are not inferior to men's.
That's cool!

Section 19 is PL OK. :clap:
Jasna

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Sarah
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Scarbo wrote: November 30th, 2021, 2:57 pm Here's section 55: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/menwomenandgods_55_gardener_128kb.mp3
1:52

Thank you!
Section 55 is PL OK. :clap:
Jasna

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Sarah
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Still going strong I see - very good! :clap:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Section 23 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Jasna

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Between holiday busyness and lots of PLing, I've had less time than usual for this project, but I wanted to check in and say that I haven't forgotten about it! I have a file at the editing stage and will post it as soon as I can.

Sarah