LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Dulcamara,
You now have access to the MW.
MaryAnn
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thanks, MaryAnn!
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
DeborahJoye

Post by DeborahJoye »

Hi

I'm brand new to Librivox and thought I'd PL your first reading, the Epigraphs, to start off. Sounds good. Only thing - you don't name the Translator when you give the name and author of the book as instructions suggest eg

What Shall We Do?, by Leo Tolstoy. Translated by Vladimir Tchertkoff. Chapter [number]"

Debbie

PS I've just read the rest of the chat and realise that was probably your decision and that you now have a DPL. Thanks for letting me experiment!
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

DeborahJoye wrote: January 16th, 2021, 9:35 pm Hi

I'm brand new to Librivox and thought I'd PL your first reading, the Epigraphs, to start off. Sounds good. Only thing - you don't name the Translator when you give the name and author of the book as instructions suggest eg

What Shall We Do?, by Leo Tolstoy. Translated by Vladimir Tchertkoff. Chapter [number]"

Debbie

PS I've just read the rest of the chat and realise that was probably your decision and that you now have a DPL. Thanks for letting me experiment!
Thank you for listening. Sorry about the confusion. Yes, I should have checked about translator attribution before I filled out the template which generated the instructions. I'm still figuring out how this all works--I'm brand new too. Hope you'll find a still-open PL project that you enjoy soon...
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 16th, 2021, 3:55 pm Dulcamara,
You now have access to the MW.
MaryAnn
Thank you, Mary Ann! :clap:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, Joanna,

Reporting:

Epigraph, and Chapters 1-3 : PL OK

I'm enjoying this project. Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jasna

JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Dulcamara, thank you so much for taking time to do this! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Today I got sidetracked reading an orphan chapter from another book, but I'll be posting more soon.
I'm quite impressed by the multilingual proof-listening you've been doing. I have some French and Spanish but definitely not of proof-listening quality--grateful for and to folks who've learned better.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

I really enjoy doing PL!

Centuries ago, my Craft teacher would have a student read aloud while the rest of us were working. I SO looked forward to the following class!

I was in fifth grade, and I could concentrate pretty well on what I was listening to, which was a good thing, I suppose but, alas, my knitting and embroidery were actually pretty embarrassing... :oops:
Jasna

JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Dulcamara wrote: January 18th, 2021, 5:23 am d I could concentrate pretty well on what I was listening to, which was a good thing, I suppose but, alas, my knitting and embroidery were actually pretty embarrassing... :oops:
Oh dear, yes... if I am listening to a story and doing anything else requiring any degree of attention or skill, the "anything else" is likely to suffer, though I'll remember the story just fine. And I never got far with embroidery...

I've just put up another (very short) chapter. https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/whatshallwedo_04_tolstoy_128kb.mp3 and in the MW

Thanks again for listening!
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello :D

Chapter 4 PL: OK
Jasna

JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thank you! :clap:
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Lovely, Joanna! On my way. :D
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Chapter 5 PL: OK

Good night from the other side of the Atlantic. :D
Jasna