SOLO A Room with a View by E. M. Forster - lny

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Zirong

Post by Zirong » January 16th, 2021, 8:10 pm

zachh wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 11:10 am
I don't know if this is applicable to your situation, but here goes, just in case. When I want to log in to edit the MW on my solo I click the BD Admin link under the MW, put in my BC password and then I am sent to the "you do not have permission" page. What I've found that works to get me past that page is to close the browser window I am using, open a new window, return to page 1 of my solo thread and click on the BC Admin link under the MW again, and it takes me right into the MW.
I tried to open a new window several times but still got no permission. Still, thank you so much for this advice. :wink:

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » January 17th, 2021, 5:21 am

Because this is your first project permissions need to be updated in two locations. I only updated one location. I'm sorry about that. Now you really should be able to get in. Let me know.
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Zirong

Post by Zirong » January 18th, 2021, 7:33 am

linny wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 5:21 am
Because this is your first project permissions need to be updated in two locations. I only updated one location. I'm sorry about that. Now you really should be able to get in. Let me know.
Yes, and I've already edited the titles.

Thank you for your time and patience. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » January 18th, 2021, 7:41 am

WooHoo! We are off to 'going solo'. Enjoy the project. :mrgreen:
Linette's DPL list I'm back but the PL list is over 10 hours. Please be patient.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Zirong

Post by Zirong » January 18th, 2021, 9:25 am

linny wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 7:41 am
WooHoo! We are off to 'going solo'. Enjoy the project. :mrgreen:
Thank uuu~ :wink:

Zirong

Post by Zirong » January 31st, 2021, 2:13 am

Hey for those who may be waiting for this project I'm so sorry, recently I'm a bit busy with school. I will start to upload my audio files next week!

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » January 31st, 2021, 5:40 am

Thank you for checking in. Good luck at school. :D

Zirong

Post by Zirong » January 31st, 2021, 8:30 am

linny wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 5:40 am
Thank you for checking in. Good luck at school. :D
Thank u~ :wink:

Zirong

Post by Zirong » February 9th, 2021, 2:52 am

Hi,

The audio file for section 1 is here(length: 27:13), link as below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/roomwithaview_01_forster_128kb.mp3

I uploaded it several times due to some reasons :( sorry for the inconvenience.

I read this book two years ago, yet recording it is a completely different experience. Though I've tried many times, I think this recording can still be much improved in various aspects, which include character study(voice age + speaking style), and the clarity of enunciation etc. Only after attempting did I realise that recording this book is definitely not easy. Guess I'll need a bit more time to figure out everything :wink:.

Last but not least, I want to thank everyone for your patience. High school is crazy, but I'll try my best to update at least once a month. Thank you again.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 9th, 2021, 10:34 am

Zirong wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 2:52 am
Hi,

I read this book two years ago, yet recording it is a completely different experience. Though I've tried many times, I think this recording can still be much improved in various aspects, which include character study(voice age + speaking style), and the clarity of enunciation etc. Only after attempting did I realise that recording this book is definitely not easy. Guess I'll need a bit more time to figure out everything :wink:.

Last but not least, I want to thank everyone for your patience. High school is crazy, but I'll try my best to update at least once a month. Thank you again.
Remember that you need to update the MW with the link and the time of the audio. Sometimes it's the only way your DPL will know that there is a file waiting for them.

Zirong

Post by Zirong » February 9th, 2021, 5:57 pm

linny wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 10:34 am
Zirong wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 2:52 am
Hi,

Remember that you need to update the MW with the link and the time of the audio. Sometimes it's the only way your DPL will know that there is a file waiting for them.
Okay, thank you.

Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 » February 11th, 2021, 11:51 am

Somehow the notification only popped up today :? I'll get to the review soon. Nice that we got started! :clap:
==========
Susanne

Zirong

Post by Zirong » February 11th, 2021, 8:02 pm

Sunrise2020 wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 11:51 am
Somehow the notification only popped up today :? I'll get to the review soon. Nice that we got started! :clap:
YAY!!! Thank u so much :D

Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 » February 12th, 2021, 4:49 am

Zirong wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 8:02 pm
Sunrise2020 wrote:
That was an excellent reading of Chapter 1! I really enjoyed how much thought you put into each character :clap:
==========
Susanne

Zirong

Post by Zirong » February 12th, 2021, 8:12 am

Sunrise2020 wrote:
February 12th, 2021, 4:49 am
Zirong wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 8:02 pm
Sunrise2020 wrote:
That was an excellent reading of Chapter 1! I really enjoyed how much thought you put into each character :clap:
omg thank you so much! It really means a lot to me :wink: I'll give my best to the following chapters! :D