COMPLETE [SOLO] Daughter of a Magnate - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BobR

Post by BobR »

To MaryAnn:
Let me know if the following is not acceptable:
I would like to record "An American Tragedy" by Theodore Dreisler, published in 1925. The book indicates "copyright renewed in 1953 by Helen Dreisler". However, the Center for the Public Domain indicates that it "will be entering the public domain in 2021." Is there any reason I cannot proceed? Thanks, Bob R
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

BobR wrote: March 5th, 2021, 1:56 pm To MaryAnn:
Let me know if the following is not acceptable:
I would like to record "An American Tragedy" by Theodore Dreisler, published in 1925. The book indicates "copyright renewed in 1953 by Helen Dreisler". However, the Center for the Public Domain indicates that it "will be entering the public domain in 2021." Is there any reason I cannot proceed? Thanks, Bob R
Bob,
As long as you read from a 1925 edition, this book is fine to read for LibriVox.
Thinking ahead I see!
MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

11-12 PL OK!
Also, please see my note to Maryann
Should be an interesting book.
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn: I think I have decided to record "The Painted Veil" by Somerset Maugham instead. It also was copyright in 1925; it is in Project Gutenberg but not Librivox. Is there any procedure by which I can put a "hold" on it, while I finish my current book---or do I just have to initiate the Project Launch? Bob
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Bob,

We don't "hold" books because we welcome choice of voice if more than one person wants to record a book. If you want to let others know you're going to record it, then you need to launch the project.

MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn:
Thanks. I have launched "The Painted Veil". I can record a chapter or so, to get it going--but will continue with "The Daughter of a Magnate"--which will not take much longer. Can you be my Coordinator (and Dave? willing to proof read "The Painted Veil"?)?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Yes, to being the DPL!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I would be happy to MC this for you .... but I've been having internet trouble and am only now seeing this post. I don't see anything on the launch pad ... has someone else already set it up for you? Any admin is free to pick it up anything on the launch pad, which is why I suggest you post in the thread if you have already discussed it with a particular MC or DPL.

MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn: To my knowledge, no other Coordinator has picked it up. However, I do not know where to find it. So I will redo it and post it here. (I always have a problem in trying to launch--in that I never get the Code that is said to be issued. And I do not know where to post the form.). Bob
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

13-14 PL OK!
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn: My launch of "The Painted Veil" now shows on the Launch pad. Let me know if you cannot access it.

Thanks so much, Dave (for sticking with me). Your check is in the mail.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I added the initials "mas" after the title in the subject line so everyone will know that MaryAnn is the MC.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you! I see it and will get your MW set up.

(Thanks for marking it Dave)

MaryAnn