[COMPLETE][Solo] Scottish Ghost Stories by Elliott O'Donnell - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 15th, 2021, 1:06 pm2. In the title, there are two dashes, which represent a blank, which are an author's way of being obnoxious--at least from my point of view--but I think you have to actually say blank there.
actually, Sherry and I discussed this point in the beginning already and I gave her alternative ways of dealing with a blank: viewtopic.php?p=1816429#p1816429 I personally prefer not to say blank, but it's up to the reader's discretion, especially in a solo. As long as she somehow can convey the blank, it's ok. How exactly did she say it ?

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I didn't notice anything, but I will check. Thanks for the help. Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sherry, sorry about the blank business--I was unaware of the options myself. But upon a re-listen, it sounds as if you have left out the word House as well as not actually making some sort of noise as a slight hum to represent the blank. If you would, please add these to the list of corrections. Thanks for your patience. Jim :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Once again, Sherry, an excellent reading, but again I must encourage you to do a final run-through before submitting. The several repeats indicate that you have not done so. Here are items that need your attention:

1. Intro is beyond the 1-second limit.
2. Cut out repeat at 0.41 "toward Strumalls."
3. At 2:24, it should read "possessing," not "possessed"-- a matter of causation.
4. At 2:44, eliminate repeat "and . . . and that."
5. Eliminate repeat at 2:59: "I half expected."
6. At 3:50, eliminate "that night" repeat.
7. The word "bespattering" at 4:54 is not all there.
8. At 5:06, "walking" makes more sense.
9. At 5:47, the omitted "and" interferes with the whole sense here.
10. At 6:21, eliminate random noise.
11. At 6:35, "paroxysm" is clipped.
12. At 6:59, eliminate repeat: "I made endless."
13. At 7:16, eliminate repeat of "I hunted up."
14. At 8:16, it should read "her ghost," not "she."
15. At 9:32, it should be plural "weeks." This last one may seem innocuous, but it sort of stood out, so I have mentioned it.

As I have indicated, your voice and sense of the story are excellent, but you can see when you go back to these moments that these errors interfere with the enjoyment--it is a rough draft, not a finished product. You will get it worked out. Don't be discouraged. Yours, Jim :thumbs:
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I will get right on it. thanks
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I am sorry, I am just getting caught up. I will make the change for pL, and thank you. I should never do more than one at a time, I guess.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sherry, if you have any questions about correcting and re-sending, just ask one of us. Just as a possible help for the future, I am telling you what I do. After I record, I go back over the file listening while looking at the text as I go all the way through the whole thing, making corrections as I go. Because in the process of correcting, I may have inadvertently left in something that I should have cut out, which causes a repeat, I will usually just listen all the way through this time (though sometimes I do look at the text again). The advantage of all this is that you won't have to re-download the file, make corrections, re-submit, and wait again for the response. It helps the PL too. Jim :)
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I do relisten but, I read sections 3 and 4 on the same day, and missed checking 4. My very big bad. I have corrected Section 4, but I cannot find your name on the list to upload it. Do you have another moniker? I'll get 3 done this afternoon. And I appreciate you calling me out on things, I do not mind at all. I'm glad you did, I did not realize I had done that. The random noise, I didn't realize, was the men delivering fuel for my winter furnace. I couldn't hear it, but the mic picked up the vibration, I guess.
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Thanks, I'll do that today, but I cannot find you on the upload list. I have section 4 ready for upload, and will have section 3 ready today later. The author uses Case 1 etc, so I will have to make sure to catch myself and change to section 1 etc. Thanks.
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Hi,I have both 3 and 4 corrected, (I hope, lol). I will check back tomorrow to see if your id is present for me to select. And thanks for the help, I appreciate all of it. Sher Morrow :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No, I am the DPL. You want to choose kitty--she is the MC for the project. You will send it in the way you did originally. Tell me if you need any further explanation. Jim
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

Oh, dear. I don't understand the hierarchy yet.
beardiepaw

Post by beardiepaw »

I posted 3 and 4 corrections. Fingers, toes, eyes all crossed!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

All is well! Good job on correcting. Both are now PL ok. Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sher, I suppose I should have reminded you not to re-record entire files, but only to fix those items noted by the PL. And too I should have warned you that the time citations are sometimes a little off the mark. I am looking forward to the next story. Jim