[SOLO] The Box-Car Children [Version 3] by Gertrude Chandler Warner - dl

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » November 26th, 2020, 4:57 pm

aradlaw wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 7:24 pm
I can MC this for you HannahMary , be back with your MW.
Question for you David:
Is it possible to retrieve a previous version of chapter 3, which became corrupted during saving the newest version on my computer? I know it gets renamed during a new upload, but I haven't heard if you can ever use the old files again.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

jennlea
Posts: 1013
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » November 26th, 2020, 5:17 pm

HannahMary wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 4:54 pm

Wow... my only copy of the file is totally corrupted too.
I just checked and I do have the original recording in my recycle bin from when I downloaded and listened to it the first time around! Not sure what to do with it, but I do have it!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15584
Joined: July 14th, 2008, 4:54 pm
Location: Nottawasaga Bay, Ontario
Contact:

Post by aradlaw » November 26th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Here is a copy of the original Chapter 3 file, I hope it is not too late for you to use it...
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/boxcarchildren3_03_warner_128kb_original.mp3

edit.. I did not see the posts on page 2 here, so there are now 2 sources of the original. :)
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » November 27th, 2020, 9:10 am

Wonderful! Thank you both! This is the first time Adobe Audition has done this to me in 20 + years.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

JordanN
Posts: 86
Joined: April 13th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Post by JordanN » November 27th, 2020, 12:18 pm

HannahMary wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:10 am
Wonderful! Thank you both! This is the first time Adobe Audition has done this to me in 20 + years.
I haven't had a problem with this in Audition, but you might check Preferences > Auto Save. Auto Save saves your session data (the *.sesx file), but not you actual audio. I have it set to a separate folder from my project.

Additionally, if you explore your project folder, you'll see PROJECTNAME_Recorded. In this folder, you'll find the raw audio files if you recorded directly into Audition.

I try to limit my use of the destructive Waveform Editor mode. When I do, however, such as after my final mixdown, I try to save new WAV files after each step. For instance, the bounce might be Project Mixdown 2.wav, and then after Match Loudness, I'll save as Project Mixdown 2a.wav.

BTW, I briefly PLed the first chapter of this project, and I must say that I really like your voice and I was drawn into the story. I loved reading the entire The Boxcar Children series as a child.

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » November 28th, 2020, 2:05 pm

Okay! This time it appears chapter 3 is actually ready for spot-PL!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » November 28th, 2020, 2:16 pm

JordanN wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 12:18 pm
HannahMary wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:10 am
Wonderful! Thank you both! This is the first time Adobe Audition has done this to me in 20 + years.
I haven't had a problem with this in Audition, but you might check Preferences > Auto Save. Auto Save saves your session data (the *.sesx file), but not you actual audio. I have it set to a separate folder from my project.

Additionally, if you explore your project folder, you'll see PROJECTNAME_Recorded. In this folder, you'll find the raw audio files if you recorded directly into Audition.

I try to limit my use of the destructive Waveform Editor mode. When I do, however, such as after my final mixdown, I try to save new WAV files after each step. For instance, the bounce might be Project Mixdown 2.wav, and then after Match Loudness, I'll save as Project Mixdown 2a.wav.

BTW, I briefly PLed the first chapter of this project, and I must say that I really like your voice and I was drawn into the story. I loved reading the entire The Boxcar Children series as a child.
Thanks for the tips and the encouragement, JordanN! I'll have to dig around in the program to find the things you mention since I have only taught myself the basics of Audition by trial and error. I edit in the "Edit View" tab with the "Waveform View" rather than "Spectral View". Is that what you mean by the Waveform Editor mode? If so, what do you use instead?
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

JordanN
Posts: 86
Joined: April 13th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Post by JordanN » November 28th, 2020, 4:05 pm

HannahMary wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 2:16 pm
JordanN wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 12:18 pm
HannahMary wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:10 am
Wonderful! Thank you both! This is the first time Adobe Audition has done this to me in 20 + years.
I haven't had a problem with this in Audition, but you might check Preferences > Auto Save. Auto Save saves your session data (the *.sesx file), but not you actual audio. I have it set to a separate folder from my project.

Additionally, if you explore your project folder, you'll see PROJECTNAME_Recorded. In this folder, you'll find the raw audio files if you recorded directly into Audition.

I try to limit my use of the destructive Waveform Editor mode. When I do, however, such as after my final mixdown, I try to save new WAV files after each step. For instance, the bounce might be Project Mixdown 2.wav, and then after Match Loudness, I'll save as Project Mixdown 2a.wav.

BTW, I briefly PLed the first chapter of this project, and I must say that I really like your voice and I was drawn into the story. I loved reading the entire The Boxcar Children series as a child.
Thanks for the tips and the encouragement, JordanN! I'll have to dig around in the program to find the things you mention since I have only taught myself the basics of Audition by trial and error. I edit in the "Edit View" tab with the "Waveform View" rather than "Spectral View". Is that what you mean by the Waveform Editor mode? If so, what do you use instead?
I prefer Multitrack mode because it works similarly to non-linear video editors, such as Adobe Premiere Pro. It’s completely lossless because you don’t make any changes to the source files.

When you bounce (render) the session, it reads the original input files, applies the recipe you made in the session, and creates a new output file.

It’s a lot easier for me to rearrange my clips into the final recording without worrying about losing my work or being unable to backtrack if I have a bad take or messed up an effect setting.

https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/user-guide.html/audition/using/multitrack-editor-overview.ug.html

jennlea
Posts: 1013
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » November 28th, 2020, 8:18 pm

HannahMary wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 2:05 pm
Okay! This time it appears chapter 3 is actually ready for spot-PL!
And Chapter 3 is PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » November 28th, 2020, 9:33 pm

JordanN wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 4:05 pm
I prefer Multitrack mode because it works similarly to non-linear video editors, such as Adobe Premiere Pro. It’s completely lossless because you don’t make any changes to the source files.

When you bounce (render) the session, it reads the original input files, applies the recipe you made in the session, and creates a new output file.

It’s a lot easier for me to rearrange my clips into the final recording without worrying about losing my work or being unable to backtrack if I have a bad take or messed up an effect setting.

https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/user-guide.html/audition/using/multitrack-editor-overview.ug.html
Thanks for the extra info, Jordan. So far I have only used the multitrack mode when layering several music tracks into one, but this makes sense. I'll look into the link you included. I know I've hardly scratched the surface of the capabilities of Audition with my limited time put into it.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » November 28th, 2020, 9:34 pm

jennlea wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 8:18 pm
And Chapter 3 is PL-OK!
Thanks, Jenn! I was hoping to get back to recording today, but it didn't happen. I hope to try for next week as the following doesn't look possible.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » December 2nd, 2020, 7:09 pm

Chapter One is re-done and ready for PL! I also recorded two more chapters today, but those will be edited another day.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

jennlea
Posts: 1013
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » December 2nd, 2020, 10:13 pm

Chapter 1 is PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

HannahMary
Posts: 1151
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » December 4th, 2020, 2:37 pm

Thanks, Jenn! Now sections 6 and 7 are ready for PL.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald
& Helen Lester by Pansy

jennlea
Posts: 1013
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » December 5th, 2020, 11:32 am

Sections 6 and 7 are PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

Post Reply