[COMPLETE]The Marquis of Lossie, MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapters 15-17 are PL OK. Merry Christmas!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two more chapters for you. 19 was delightful! :lol:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Yes, Kelpie has several of the most memorable scenes in the book, I think!

18-19 PL OK

Happy New Year!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And one more for this week. Happy new year to you, too! :clap:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

20 is PL OK!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, and I just noticed that I'm already more than 25% done! :D I mean, granted, some of these early chapters are quite short, but wow! It's incredible what I can do with a regular work schedule and a little dedication! :lol:

Thanks, Hannah!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 10:04 pm Wow, and I just noticed that I'm already more than 25% done! :D I mean, granted, some of these early chapters are quite short, but wow! It's incredible what I can do with a regular work schedule and a little dedication! :lol:

Thanks, Hannah!
Yes, it's exciting to see your work count up! And I love being a little part of this project!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 21 is up. I had hoped to do 22 as well, but I kept having to stop, and only got about 8 minutes in before I had to throw in the towel for the night.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

21 is PL OK. I was waiting for Mr. Graham!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

22 is ready. More Kelpie antics!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Yay! 22 is PL OK.
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: October 6th, 2020, 9:11 pm I don't think I even remember enough to fill in the book summary, except for what we know from the first book. And I'm hesitant to say too much there. I'd hate to give a spoiler for Malcolm to someone who's never read either. But I don't know how I can avoid giving a Malcolm spoiler and still manage to convey the premise of this book. :hmm: I'll continue thinking about it as we go through. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that.
I was thinking about this problem again tonight. (While in the shower, as it happens. Why do so many brilliant thoughts strike one while in the shower, I wonder? :hmm: :lol: ) Well, it may not be brilliant, exactly. But in any case, I think now that it's probably not possible to describe this book without spoiling the previous one. If nothing else, you'd need to reveal that the old Marquis died. I was thinking we might have to content ourselves with something like:
The Marquis of Lossie is the sequel to Malcolm, by the same author. [Include hyperlink here.] If you have not yet read Malcolm, be warned that the following contains spoilers for that book.

[Commence actual book description.]
It's not perfect. But it might just have to do. What do you think?

Oh yes, and I believe I'm two, maybe three weeks behind schedule on my two-chapter-a-week goal, depending on which day you choose to begin the week. But I've just completed a very long and past-due section for a group project that was kind of gumming up the works. Things should start moving again very soon!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

That question has kept coming to mind here as well, but I could not come up with a non-spoiler solution either. I think you've hit on a good plan!

And good to hear from you as I had started wondering if you were well since your "clockwork" post had not appeared last weekend. :shock: :lol: Doesn't it feel great to get those stubborn sections out of the way?! Keep up the good work with your shower brainstorming! :wink:
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two more chapters ready for you. I felt a little bit sorry for myself when I got to the paragraph about the contrast between Malcolm's and Lenorme's respective accents. :lol: I think I'd have to practice for years before I'd be able to capture that. :roll:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Both PL OK!

If I were reading in my head from the book I wouldn't have had 2 specific accents in my head anyway. And I love how consistent you keep the Scotch dialect through these years of recording!
~ Hannah