[CHINESE DETECTIVE] Celebrated Cases of Judge Dee - availle

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

VivienneWong wrote: February 28th, 2021, 7:42 am
YuqingJune wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:34 am Section 05 SEE PL NOTES
3:28 - “轉彎抹角” 轉 was read as 拐
12:04 - “向著狄公說道” 說 was omitted

It’s really great to see such a drastic improvement in your accuracy!

Hope this will become the new norm. Thank you!
Thanks!
By the way, I'd like to try upload some files then correct all errors at one time. So please don't be surprised I upload new files without correct old files.
Sure! Once a section is ready, just make sure you change the status (in the MW) to "Ready for Spot PL", and alert me by posting in this thread - otherwise I would have no idea you've done the corrections!

Thank you!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Vivienne, how is this going? I hope you're a-okay! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Vivienne, are you still here? It would be such a shame if this project couldn't go forward... :?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:29 am Vivienne, are you still here? It would be such a shame if this project couldn't go forward... :?
Hi Availle

I'm so sorry just saw your message. I thought I would get email notification once I get any post/message etc. but seems it doesnt work like I thought. Sorry!

Yes I'm still on it. Maybe you saw some new files uploaded. And just now I corrected the section 2, 4 and 5. I know my progress is quite slow, apologize!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm glad you're still on it, this sounds like such an interesting book! :clap:

But please Vivienne, always post here in the thread when you're uploading a new file. There are no automatic notifications when you upload, neither for me, nor for your DPL, and unless you post, we will not notice any progress.
A simple "one more chapter uploaded" is sufficient.

Thanks - and good luck with it! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

VivienneWong wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:45 am
I'm so sorry just saw your message. I thought I would get email notification once I get any post/message etc. but seems it doesnt work like I thought. Sorry!

Yes I'm still on it. Maybe you saw some new files uploaded. And just now I corrected the section 2, 4 and 5. I know my progress is quite slow, apologize!
Oh dear, that's good news! I'll catch up as soon as I can.

Apart from Availle's suggestion that you could update the thread every time you upload something, it'll be great if you can change the PL status from "See PL Notes" to "Ready for Spot PL". It differentiates this kind of sections from those I haven't listened to at all, and will be a clearer indication to me as to what I should do next.

Thanks!
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Hello! Sections 2 and 4 are PL OK.

However, the volume for section 5 is too large (97.5 vs target range of 86-92dB).
It'll be helpful to do a pre-check with the Checker app before uploading a new section!
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Section 06 SEE PL NOTES
2:51 - “奇验” 验 was read as 检 (Allow me to recommend using the translator website again - it does work wonders in helping to avoid this kind of mistakes!)
Also, the volume, 93.7dB, is out of target range.

Section 07 SEE PL NOTES
2:23 - “为匪作歹” 为 was read as 与

Section 08 PL OK

Section 09 SEE PL NOTES
6:57 - “露出外面” 出 was read as 在

Sections 10, 11, 12 PL OK

Volume levels for sections 07 to 12 are all fine.

Thanks for the wonderful work! I'm truly enjoying your rendition of the story right now.
Cheers,
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote: September 12th, 2021, 3:19 pm I'm glad you're still on it, this sounds like such an interesting book! :clap:

But please Vivienne, always post here in the thread when you're uploading a new file. There are no automatic notifications when you upload, neither for me, nor for your DPL, and unless you post, we will not notice any progress.
A simple "one more chapter uploaded" is sufficient.

Thanks - and good luck with it! :D
got it! Sorry I totally forgot about this one.
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

YuqingJune wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 2:44 am Section 06 SEE PL NOTES
2:51 - “奇验” 验 was read as 检 (Allow me to recommend using the translator website again - it does work wonders in helping to avoid this kind of mistakes!)
Also, the volume, 93.7dB, is out of target range.

Section 07 SEE PL NOTES
2:23 - “为匪作歹” 为 was read as 与

Section 08 PL OK

Section 09 SEE PL NOTES
6:57 - “露出外面” 出 was read as 在

Sections 10, 11, 12 PL OK

Volume levels for sections 07 to 12 are all fine.

Thanks for the wonderful work! I'm truly enjoying your rendition of the story right now.
Thanks! I re-uploaded chapter 6,7 and 9. And yes I'm using the tool and I'm reading it in sim. Chinese. Was my own error. :(
Last edited by VivienneWong on October 3rd, 2021, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

YuqingJune wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:56 pm
VivienneWong wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:45 am

Oh dear, that's good news! I'll catch up as soon as I can.

Apart from Availle's suggestion that you could update the thread every time you upload something, it'll be great if you can change the PL status from "See PL Notes" to "Ready for Spot PL". It differentiates this kind of sections from those I haven't listened to at all, and will be a clearer indication to me as to what I should do next.

Thanks!
Alright, got it. :)
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

YuqingJune wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 1:44 am Hello! Sections 2 and 4 are PL OK.

However, the volume for section 5 is too large (97.5 vs target range of 86-92dB).
It'll be helpful to do a pre-check with the Checker app before uploading a new section!
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker
chapter 5 re-uploaded. Thanks.
Last edited by VivienneWong on October 3rd, 2021, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

chapter 13 uploaded.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Thank you for the quick response! I'll take a look at section 13 along with perhaps a few more down the line.

SECTION 5: SEE PL NOTES
It still has a volume of 93.9 dB. You could check that with the Checker app in fact! It's under the "information" tab.
If you're still unsure how to adjust the overall volume, there's a tool that might help!
Navigate to the Effect menu, select the Amplify, and then key in a negative value. Some trial and error will get you there!

SECTIONS 6, 7 AND 9: PL OK
Cheers,
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Section 14 uploaded. I will collect all errors and edit them once for all.