COMPLETE Potop by Henryk Sienkiewicz - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 18th, 2022, 11:57 am Thank you, Piotr!
This is not a priority, but just checking that it hasn't been forgotten :mrgreen:
I've been meaning to message you :roll: I'm still at it, don't worry. I was just diverted by other projects.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Diversion by other projects is good, too :D
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'm back. Sorry for taking so long :oops: I edited and somewhat noise-cleaned chapter 4. Can you look at it and see if this level of background noise is acceptable? I didn't want to overdo it.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes, I think it's acceptable, it doesn't really interfere with the clarity of the reading voice, does it?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Rapunzelina wrote: August 21st, 2022, 9:47 am Yes, I think it's acceptable, it doesn't really interfere with the clarity of the reading voice, does it?
I agree. I did find some of the words incomprehensible, but it wasn't due to the background noise.
Anyway, I'm currently editing chapter 7. Maybe, I'll get to chapter 8 today too :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Another chapter is in, this time no. 9. I'll start working on 8.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 8 is in. This time no background noise whatsoever. The reader cleaned it all, which I think affected the quality of voice.

Been there, done that :roll:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 11 is in. More to come but not today...

Also, the (manageable) background noise is back.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Piotr! :9:
Sometimes, two passes of light background noise reduction yields better results than one stronger, mentioning it just in case this is also true for this kind of noise.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Another one of the short chapters is in.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Time to tackle the long chapters. The first one is in.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Moving on nicely, Piotr! Thank you!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The longest chapter is in.

It sounds like she was cold-readind the book which is not a good idea with a work so full of proper names, Latin-based macaronisms and just unfamiliar words. She always reads those words more slowly then the rest of the sentence. I fixed some instances but doing it all the time would be too time consuming. I'm probably obssessing too much over editing those sections anyway...
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I think I understand what you mean. Yes, no need to obsess. It'll be nice to have this in the catalogue even with a few imperfections. As long as the text is the correct PD one, and there are no repetitions, major stumbles or large parts of texts missing, it'll be fine. Thank you so much for working on this!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The penultimate section is in. :D