COMPLETE: Commentary on Acts of the Apostles by Matthew Henry - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jeffreyorman

Post by jeffreyorman »

Joanne,
So I PL OK'd 2, and 12 a while back cause you had corrected and edit was fine
I finished PL Ok 26-40 over the last two weeks so that bring me to a rest break I guess. Send an email to [email removed by linny and forwarded via PM] cause I'm not going t check weekly if you've done more recording or fixed 16,18,19. These are the only ones to edit (notes given previous).
As mentioned last message. Do a word search on Philemon, Josephus in the commentary text to highlight for yourself before you read.
Everything is really good. Mind you I don't agree with his theology on Acts 15 (end of 37 and begin of 38, the 'blanket with unclean animals was never about food laws, its only about Gentiles". I actually see him contradicting himself.
Cheers
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Jeff, my recording studio is finally (!) back up and running, and I will be back to recording in the next few days! Can't wait!

Thanks for your patience,

Joanne
linny

Post by linny »

Joanne,
Thank you for the update. Congratulations on getting your set up back up and running. :clap:
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Jeff, I've made the corrections to sections 16, 18, and 19, and reposted. I also now have the HarperCollins Bible Pronunciation Guide, a gift from my father, which can only help! Thanks for your patience--

Joanne
linny

Post by linny »

Joanne,
Jeff hasn't been on since December 6th. You might consider sending him a PM.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Okay, will do!

Thanks,
linny

Post by linny »

Do you have any keywords you would like to add?
linny

Post by linny »

Joanne,
I'm confused. Will you be adding more sections to this project to complete the text? If so, let's just advertise for a new DPL.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I do intend to record the entire text, so will be adding sections. I'd give Jeff a bit more time to respond, but I agree that I'll likely need a new DPL.

Thanks,

Joanne
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you for adding the sections. Having the entire MW as PL OK you would have ended up in the catalog. :shock:

Do you know how to advertise for a DPL? I can do it for you, just let me know when you figure you have given Jeff enough time.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I'd like to give Jeff a bit more time, plus I don't want to put any more on your plate! I'll advertise for a DPL in a few weeks or so. Thanks much, Linny--
linny

Post by linny »

jhturner wrote: January 30th, 2021, 6:40 pm I'd like to give Jeff a bit more time, plus I don't want to put any more on your plate! I'll advertise for a DPL in a few weeks or so. Thanks much, Linny--
No problem at all. Let me know if you need any help with the posting.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Through the end of Chapter 16 has been posted. Twelve chapters to go!

Joanne
linny

Post by linny »

Joanne,
MaryAnn had the following recommendation. What do you think?
Linny,
I was checking to see what was recorded by Matthew Henry and I saw this was in progress. You may want to consider adjusting the title in the catalog to align with the title for Genesis, which is from the same source. It's here: https://librivox.org/commentary-on-the-book-of-genesis-by-matthew-henry/
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I like it! It's more concise, but true to the original, and listeners are more likely to find it than by the original. Is this a change I can make?

Joanne