COMPLETE Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I by Thomas Jefferson (1723 - 1846).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/memoir-correspondence-and-miscellanies-v1-by-thomas-jefferson/
This is the first volume of Thomas Jefferson's public and private writings edited and compiled by his oldest grandson Thomas Jefferson Randolph and published three years after the president's death. There are a total of four volumes in Randolph's set. ( Joel Kindrick)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/cihm_35364
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I, by Thomas Jefferson. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I by Thomas Jefferson. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I, by Thomas Jefferson. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename papers1_##_jefferson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. papers1_01_jefferson_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Joel,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Yea! And 44,100. :-)
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Mary Ann and Joel, I would like to DPL this project.
Cheryls
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great Cheryl. You're in the MW.

MaryAnn
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 1 PL OK
Great Start :D
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Yea! I like this team.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 0 Pl OK
I see Randolph was his oldest grandson. Good for him, huh?
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 2 and 3 PL OK
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 4 PL OK
Isn't this interesting? :P
I am not sure how to contact Adrian. Joel would you please tell Adrain to make a post when she puts the new chapter in. That way it appears in my e-mail. And there is a record of what is happening I am assuming she is the one doing that??
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Maryanne will you please remove me from PL on this project. Thank you
Cheryl
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you for working on this Cheryl!
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sent PM to reader.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello! 🥭

Could I be a DPL here pls? 🍬
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hello Alexander! Actually, I PM'd the reader back in January to see if he was still working on this project. He has not responded, and hasn't been on the LV forums since last September, so it's time to "abandon" this project. That means we'll save the files that are complete, and post the project in the "Abandoned Projects" board to see if someone wants to adopt and finish it.

Could be picked up soon, could sit waiting to be finished for quite a while. Depends on who's interested in picking it up and how much time they have.

I suggest you stay subscribed to this thread ... and then you will see the activity here if it is adopted. If you are still interested and have the time, you can let the new BC know by reposting your offer to DPL.

Sound like an OK plan?

MaryAhnn