COMPLETE Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I know it's only been a few days since I PMed Joel, but here's a proposal for moving ahead with the project while I'm waiting to hear from him. Joel's recording of part 5 of the memoir (Librivox section 7) is okay up through the last phrase, "the youngest having died some time before." That phrase ends the paragraph at the top of page 59. If we delete the last phrase from Joel's recording ("And procuring a passage thence"), which does not appear in the printed text, I can resume recording with section 8, starting with the next paragraph of the memoir. I'm guessing that it will take two sections to complete the memoir, and then I can start on the various documents in the appendix. Joel's sections will still need to be PLed, where they have not already been, and we'll need to edit or re-record the tag to section 7 that says it's the end of volume 1.

I'm not opposed to re-recording section 7, if Librivox bars editing something that someone else has recorded and abandoned. In addition, if we don't hear from Joel by the time I finish recording volume 1, I'll go back and rerecord anything of his that has not been PLed, or has been PLed and needs changes.

Thoughts from the two of you?

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: August 5th, 2021, 11:10 am Thoughts from the two of you?

Joanne
In my view, you offer absolutely reasonable things and I have nothing to add or change. Perhaps MaryAnn, having much more experience in these matters, will say smth useful... Stay safe! 💐

Meanwhile, I believe I`ll go on, PLing actual sections.
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That sounds like a good approach to me Joanne. I see no issue with you editing that last bit of Joel's final section in order to make if flow into the next section.

Meanwhile, I'll also send him a PM.

MaryAnn
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

MaryAnn and Alexander, I've successfully edited Joel's last section to remove the reference to the end of the memoir, uploaded the edited file, and adjusted the time. Those last sections of Joel's are ready for PLing, and I can get started on the rest.

Thanks, both of you!

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: August 8th, 2021, 10:24 am I've successfully edited Joel's last section to remove the reference to the end of the memoir, uploaded the edited file, and adjusted the time. Those last sections of Joel's are ready for PLing, and I can get started on the rest.
Very well, Joanne! 🐶 💐

Stay safe! 💖
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Excellent!
MaryAnn
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Sec 05 PL notes:

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz); now it`s 48,000 Hz .

In the intro, before “This is LibriVox recording…” might be said
"Chapter 5 of Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I.”
The rest is good. 👍
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Sec 06 PL notes:

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz); now it`s 48,000 Hz .

"Chapter 6 of Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I.”
06:05 – missing – “I applied to M. Clerissault, who had published drawings of the Antiquities of Nismes, to have me a model of die building made in stucco, only changing die order from Corinthian to Ionic, on account of the difficulty of the Corinthian capitals,” (p. 37 of the book)

The rest is good. 🤝
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Sec 07 PL notes:
The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz); now it`s 48,000 Hz.

"Chapter 7 of Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I.”
01:40 – “were to observe this course generally, they would do in a day, what takes them a week” – missing – “they would do in a day” (p. 47 of the book)
24:07 – “footnotes – The Crimea” – I hear – “Crimes” (p. 55 of the book)

I don`t believe it to be necessary, but considering that you have the same to work over this recording, I would recommend you to end it in the same manner as the previous two: “End of Volume 1, chapter 1, Memoir, part 5”. It will be more harmonious, homogeneous.

Regards 🦘
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Alexander, I've posted the next two parts of the memoir (sections 8 and 9) for your PL-ing. I'm guessing that the memoir will take one or two more sections. After that, I'm planning to record each bit of correspondence in the appendix as a separate file, so that each can be individually labeled, the same way they are in the printed volume. If you feel differently, let me know!

Thanks for listening,

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: August 16th, 2021, 1:47 pm If you feel differently, let me know!
Dear Joanne, I feel very good and wish you too! 🌷🌞
About division of chapters I have big doubts I`ll have to offer smth better; your approach seems to be invincible. 🌟
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: August 16th, 2021, 1:47 pm Alexander, I've posted the next two parts of the memoir (sections 8 and 9) for your PL-ing.
Sec 08 PL notes:

I believe it would be better to say in the intro of section 8 the same thing as in the section 9 - “Memoir Part 6”, instead of present “Memoir. Continued”... and you, Joanne? 🍎

Sec 09 is faultless. 🌹

You offer really high-quality reading, with all these “quotes/footnote…end quotes/back to text” and no errors; thank you Joanne!
I suppose you are a teacher) 🙃
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I've made the suggested edit and uploaded the revised version. Time did not change. Thanks much for the suggestion!

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Alexander, section 10 is ready for you. This takes me to the end of the memoir (at least the portion that is in Volume 1), so from here, it's on to the correspondence.

Thanks for listening,

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: August 19th, 2021, 7:13 am I've made the suggested edit and uploaded the revised version. Time did not change. Thanks much for the suggestion!
Sec 08 PL notes:

Joanne, if I understood you well, now I shouldn`t hear "Memoir. Continued"; am I right?
But I still hear it... 🍇 🍓 🥥