COMPLETE Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies, From the Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Volume I-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I've also made the indicated repairs to previous sections, and they're ready for your spot checking.

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: August 26th, 2021, 8:25 am Alexander, I've posted Appendix Note C for you, in two parts.
Dear Joanne, section 15 has no problems. 🐠
Thank you! ⭐ 🌺
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: September 1st, 2021, 1:52 pm Anyhow, following your own strategy, I believe it would be better to continue to read footnotes at 40:40 till the end – “The stat. 1 E. 2 de frangontibus priso (…) which repeals the judgment of life and death at the Common law” (p. 131 of the book)
Oh, Joanne, I meant only text in English, but it seems you extended that to the French too... Well, that`s even better, perhaps. 👍 🐧
Section 16, just as 13 & 14, is PL OK.
Thank you and all the best! 💚
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

A-ha, it seems that instead of quoting the previous message, I edited it, having created a new one...
Well, I hope that`s not a problem. 🐽
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

No problem. My French is non-existent (as you no doubt detected), but I rely on the principle that everything is translated phonetically!

I've posted section 17 for you (Note F). It took me a while to figure out that when Jefferson writes 15-16, it's actually a fraction (15/16).

Thanks for listening!

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: September 8th, 2021, 1:51 pm No problem. My French is non-existent (as you no doubt detected),
No, to tell the truth I didn`t notice it - being y own French for sure not better than your) 💐
I've posted section 17 for you (Note F). It took me a while to figure out that when Jefferson writes 15-16, it's actually a fraction (15/16).
No PL issues detected, Joanne. I believe I would have had even bigger problems to understand those fractions, if I did try to read that for the first time. 🐾

Be happy! 🐼
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Sections 18 and 19 are ready for you--that brings us to the end of the Miscellanies and to the start of Correspondence.

Thanks for listening!

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm Sections 18
Sec 18 PL notes:

I agree with you about not reading “Notes on His Accomplishments” which is indicated as section title in the MW, for I don`t see it in the text. But I also believe it would be better to say “Appendix, note G” instead of simply “Note G” – moreover, considering that all previous parts of Appendix you`ve said just in that way... Do you agree? 🦔 🌹

Be happy, Joanne! 🐋
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm Section 19
Sec 19 PL notes:

I agree with you about not reading “Letters from Geo. Washington re appointment as Secretary of State”, which is indicated as section title in the MW, for I don`t see it in the text. But I also believe it would be better to say “Appendix, note H” instead of simply “Note H” – moreover, considering that all previous parts of Appendix you`ve said just in that way... Do you agree? 🍑

Missing “The Honorable Thomas Jefferson.” at the end.

The rest is very good. 🍰 🦜
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I do agree, and I'll get those added.

Thanks,

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I've added the reference to the Appendix to sections 18 and 19 (both at the beginning and the end of each section), reposted, and adjusted the times.

In section 19, I believe from the text that the phrase The Hon. Thomas Jefferson indicates the addressee of the letter, so I put that at the beginning, just before the salutation "Sir," rather than at the end (where it appears in the written text). Do you agree?

Thanks for listening,

Joanne
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:37 am In section 19, I believe from the text that the phrase The Hon. Thomas Jefferson indicates the addressee of the letter, so I put that at the beginning, just before the salutation "Sir," rather than at the end (where it appears in the written text). Do you agree?
All right, Joanne! Have a pleasant weekend! 🍦
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jhturner wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:37 am I've added the reference to the Appendix to sections 18 and 19 (both at the beginning and the end of each section), reposted, and adjusted the times.
No PL objections! 🍕 🦩 🌹
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Alexander, I've posted the first four letters of correspondence for you. I wish they were in the printed volume in some sort of order--even chronological would be nice--but, alas, they are not. They seem to skip all over the place, making it sometimes tough for me to figure out what Jefferson is writing about. But they are interesting--more history I never learned in school!

Thanks for listening,

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Alexander, I've posted two more pieces of correspondence for you.

Thanks for listening!

Joanne