COMPLETE [MACEDONIAN] Za makedonckite raboti by K.P. Misirkov - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Za makedonckite raboti / За македонцките работи by Krste Petkov Misirkov (1874 - 1926).

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/za-makedonckite-raboti-by-krste-petkov-misirkov/

„За Македонцките работи“ е најзначајното дело напишано од еден од најголемите македонисти и национални дејци - Крсте Петков Мисирков, а печатена во 1903 година во печатницата на „Либералниот клуб“ во Софија.
Со над 120 страници, поделена на 5 дела и предговор, книгата претставва политичка анализа на положбата на македонскиот народ и предлог-програма за македонското националноослободително движење. Таа го разоткрива асимилаторските политики на соседните земји насочени против македонскиот јазичен, културен и етнички идентитет, а ја потенцира неопходноста од национална афирмација и ослободување на Македонците како посебен народ со особено значење на улогата за кодифицирање на литературен македонски јазик.

"Za Makedonckite raboti" is the most important work written by one of the greatest Macedonians and national figures - Krste Petkov Misirkov, and published in 1903 by the "Liberal Club" in Sofia.
With over 120 pages, divided into 5 parts and a preface, the book is a political analysis of the position of the Macedonian people and a draft program for the Macedonian national liberation movement. It exposes the assimilation policies of neighboring countries directed against the Macedonian linguistic, cultural and ethnic identity, and emphasizes the need for national affirmation and liberation of Macedonians as a separate nation specially stressing the importance of the codification of the literary Macedonian language. (AnaNaumoska and Wikipedia)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://drmj.manu.edu.mk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/0005-Za-makedonckite-raboti.pdf
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: 6hiCb6hL
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Krste Petkov Misirkov) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krste_Misirkov
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Macedonian_Matters
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 6
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    • Original publication date (if known): 1903
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? AnaNaumoska Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Writing & Linguistics

Keywords that describe the book: macedonian language

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of Za makedonckite raboti / За македонцките работи. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Za makedonckite raboti / За македонцките работи, by Krste Petkov Misirkov. [Section]"

НА ПОЧЕТОК НА ЗАПИСОТ (Вовед):
    " [Реден број] секција од [За македонцките работи]. Ова е запис на ЛибриВокс. Сите записи на ЛибриВокс се во јавниот домен. За повеќе информации, или да волонтирате, посетете ја либривокс ТОЧКА орг.."
    Ако сакате, кажете:
    "Чита [Вашето име], [место, подкаст, блог, веб страница]"
    Кажете:
    "[За македонцките работи] од [Крсте Петков Мисирков]. [Бројот на секцијата и наслов]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Za makedonckite raboti / За македонцките работи by Krste Petkov Misirkov. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    " [Реден број] секција од [За македонцките работи] од [Крсте Петков Мисирков]. Ова е запис на ЛибриВокс. Сите записи на ЛибриВокс се во јавниот домен. "
    Ако сакате, кажете:
    Кажете:
    " [Бројот на секцијата и наслов]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:

НА КРАЈОТ НА ЗАПИСОТ:

На крајот на секцијата кажете:
      "Крај на [реден број] секција"
      Ако сакате, кажете:
      "Прочитано од [Вашето име], [место, подкаст, блог, веб страница]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Za makedonckite raboti / За македонцките работи, by Krste Petkov Misirkov. "

На крајот на книгата, додајте и:
    "Крај на книгата [За македонцките работи] од [Крсте Петков Мисирков]"
    There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename makedonckiteraboti_##_kpm_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. makedonckiteraboti_01_kpm_128kb.mp3)
  • Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by AnaNaumoska on September 17th, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Ana! Let me MC this project.

I will go set it up!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window in place!

Since this is your first time coordinating your own project, let me know if there are any questions. This should cover information on how to update the magic Window: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Feel free to use an intro/outro disclaimer in Macedonian if you want, instead of English.
You can also add the Macedonian translation in the Project summary/description.

Do you have a proof-listener? If not, I could sign up for it.
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Thank you Rapunzelina!
And no, I have no one to PL :( So if you'd like to do it, it'll be great!

Cheers,

salus populi suprema lex
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh, but you have me in this case :D

So we're ready to move on to Going Solo!

Take your time, ask if there are questions, and have fun! :clap:
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Yaaay! :9:

Thank you once again!

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

I thought this might come in handy for this project as well as any other potential volunteers reading in Macedonian:

Disclaimer in Macedonian language:

НА ПОЧЕТОК НА ЗАПИСОТ (Вовед):
" [Реден број] поглавје / секција од [насловот на книгата]. Ова е запис на ЛибриВокс. Сите записи на ЛибриВокс се во јавниот домен. За повеќе информации, или да волонтирате, посетете ја либривокс ТОЧКА орг.."
Ако сакате, кажете:
Кажете:
"[Насловот на книгата] од [името и презимето на авторот]. [Бројот на секцијата/поглавјето и наслов (доколку го има)]"

За вториот и сите наредни записи, може да го користите скратениот disclaimer:

" [Реден број] поглавје / секција од [насловот на книгата] од [името и презимето на авторот]. Ова е запис на ЛибриВокс. Сите записи на ЛибриВокс се во јавниот домен. "
Ако сакате, кажете:
Кажете:
" [Бројот на секцијата/поглавјето и наслов (доколку го има)]"

НА КРАЈОТ НА ЗАПИСОТ:

На крајот на поглавјето/секцијата кажете:
"Крај на [реден број] поглавје/секција"
Ако сакате, кажете:
"Прочитано од [Вашето име], [место, подкаст, блог, веб страница]"

На крајот на книгата, додајте и:
"Крај на книгата [наслов на книгата] од [име и презиме на авторот]"

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

The introduction is ready Rapunzelina!
Here's the link https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/makedonckiteraboti_00_kpm_128kb.mp3
It's duration is 20:55

I'll be awaiting your feedback!
Cheers,

salus populi suprema lex
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Ana! I did not listen to the whole of the recording yet, because it sounded like you were reading from a different source.
I am following with the text, as I am not fluent in the language, and I noticed a few different words, for example:
at 1:02 you say "на општото добро", text has "на обшчата арнотиiа"
at 1:37 you say "земја" text has "страна"
So I first want to make sure that you are reading from a public domain text (public domain in the USA = published 1924 and earlier)

Your reading has a beautiful flow and it's pleasant to listen to, even though I do not understand 100% :mrgreen:

One suggestion about the intro, you say [section 1], but it's actually number 0 in the magic window. You could say "Предгоор" instead, and use [section 1, 2, etc] or [chapter 1, 2, etc] for the rest. Or we could change the numbering in the Magic Window to start from 1, if you'd prefer.
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Hmmm, there must be some kind of a mix up. The text I provided dates 1903, which is the original publication date and is available on the front cover.

Let me check again, and see what has happened. Sorry for the inconvenience!

salus populi suprema lex
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thanks!
Yes, the text source in the first post is OK. Did you read from that? It could be that the different wording is a slip of the tongue, but there were quite a few, that's why I ask, in case you're using another text source that has this different wording.
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Unfortunatelly, I have mixed up the files in my PC.
I re-recorded the foreword, and also corrected the intro, so now instead of "прва секција" I said "нулта секција".

So, the book is written in 1903 which is a turbulent year in the macedonian history. The Macedonian people were under Ottoman occupation for 5 centuries, and this is the year of the famous Ilinden uprising against the Turks. In this period, there is a massive oppression on Macedonians because they have no official country or government standing behind them and their needs, and all the neighbouring countries as well as the European forces (Russia and Austria-Hungary) as well as the Ottoman empire are trying to benefit from that. This section explains this factual situation and emphasizes the need of a national recognition and unification of the Macedonian people under the protection of the European forces. The author also urges the Macedonians to use the central-macedonian dialects as a basis for a macedonian language instead of using the languages of the neighboring countries. (The main issue here is that the Macedonian language hasn't been codified untill 1945, which is reason why we cannot find many public domain texts suitable for LV)

Anywayse, here's the new link
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/makedonckiteraboti_00_kpm_128kb.mp3
The duration is 21:16.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for the earlier inconvenience! :9:

Best,

salus populi suprema lex
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I loved it! It is very well read, with feeling and soul.

I noticed a very very very slight repetition at 16:10 "оти" in case you'd like to perfect it
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Rapunzelina wrote: August 1st, 2020, 10:44 am I loved it! It is very well read, with feeling and soul.

I noticed a very very very slight repetition at 16:10 "оти" in case you'd like to perfect it

Thank you!
I cropped it:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/makedonckiteraboti_00_kpm_128kb.mp3

:9:

salus populi suprema lex
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Marked PL OK in the Magic Window!