SOLO The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries by W. Y. Evans-Wentz-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15856
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » July 30th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Ana,
You have MW access. Welcome to the project.
MaryAnn

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 114
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » July 31st, 2020, 5:26 am

kylemaclean wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Thanks for your help MaryAnn, I updated the sections and have uploaded the first two recordings:

Section 0 (time = 30:22): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_0_evanswentz_128kb.mp3
Section 1 (time = 36.19): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_1_evanswentz_128kb.mp3


Hi Kyle,

I just finished PLing the Introduction, and I have to say, it is by far the longest I have encountered. :lol:
The techs are good, and so is your reading, I found no issues. I enjoyed your voice and pace, and style overall! Good job, PL ok! :clap:


The 2 others, shall be done soon!

Cheers,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 114
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 1st, 2020, 2:06 am

kylemaclean wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Thanks for your help MaryAnn, I updated the sections and have uploaded the first two recordings:

Section 0 (time = 30:22): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_0_evanswentz_128kb.mp3
Section 1 (time = 36.19): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_1_evanswentz_128kb.mp3

Section 1 is PL ok too! Good job!

I am amazed with the easiness of your pronouncing all the Scottish and Irish names :clap:
Looking forward to the following evidence-based section! It'll be PL-ed till the end of the day!

Cheers,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 114
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 1st, 2020, 2:31 am

kylemaclean wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 1:05 pm
AnaNaumoska wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 6:31 am
If you're still in search of a DPL, I'd be happy to jump in! :D I enjoy studying the celtic culture in general, so I believe I'll enjoy this project!

Cheers,
Thanks Ana! Hope I am worthy of it!

New recording (13:21): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_2_evanswentz_128kb.mp3
Hey Kyle,
This section also has no issues in terms of text or techs, but I can't mark it PL ok, just yet.

Okay, so the intro and outro are confusing to me, however, since you're coordinating here, it'll be your say in the end.
In the intro you say "Chapter 2 1" and sounds confusing if you do not have the text in front of you. I personally think that it may be more clear if it goes "Chapter 2 of section 1" or some sort of variation.
The same goes for the outro. You say "End of 2 1", maybe something of the sort of "End of the second chapter of the first section".

As I said, it's up to you. If you decide to leave it as it is, than okay. If you decide to make a slight clarification in the disclaimers, please post a scheme as it will apply for all the latter sections, so we can have it written somewhere in the thread. Let me know, so we can proceed.

Best,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

kylemaclean
Posts: 21
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 2:29 am

Post by kylemaclean » August 4th, 2020, 3:15 am

AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:31 am
kylemaclean wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 1:05 pm
AnaNaumoska wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 6:31 am
If you're still in search of a DPL, I'd be happy to jump in! :D I enjoy studying the celtic culture in general, so I believe I'll enjoy this project!

Cheers,
Thanks Ana! Hope I am worthy of it!

New recording (13:21): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_2_evanswentz_128kb.mp3
Hey Kyle,
This section also has no issues in terms of text or techs, but I can't mark it PL ok, just yet.

Okay, so the intro and outro are confusing to me, however, since you're coordinating here, it'll be your say in the end.
In the intro you say "Chapter 2 1" and sounds confusing if you do not have the text in front of you. I personally think that it may be more clear if it goes "Chapter 2 of section 1" or some sort of variation.
The same goes for the outro. You say "End of 2 1", maybe something of the sort of "End of the second chapter of the first section".

As I said, it's up to you. If you decide to leave it as it is, than okay. If you decide to make a slight clarification in the disclaimers, please post a scheme as it will apply for all the latter sections, so we can have it written somewhere in the thread. Let me know, so we can proceed.

Best,
Thank you Ana, the way I had done it was confusing. The naming scheme should now be more straightforward - #2 has been replaced.

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 114
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 4th, 2020, 6:38 am

kylemaclean wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 3:15 am
AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:31 am
kylemaclean wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 1:05 pm


Thanks Ana! Hope I am worthy of it!

New recording (13:21): https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/fairyfaith_2_evanswentz_128kb.mp3
Hey Kyle,
This section also has no issues in terms of text or techs, but I can't mark it PL ok, just yet.

Okay, so the intro and outro are confusing to me, however, since you're coordinating here, it'll be your say in the end.
In the intro you say "Chapter 2 1" and sounds confusing if you do not have the text in front of you. I personally think that it may be more clear if it goes "Chapter 2 of section 1" or some sort of variation.
The same goes for the outro. You say "End of 2 1", maybe something of the sort of "End of the second chapter of the first section".

As I said, it's up to you. If you decide to leave it as it is, than okay. If you decide to make a slight clarification in the disclaimers, please post a scheme as it will apply for all the latter sections, so we can have it written somewhere in the thread. Let me know, so we can proceed.

Best,
Thank you Ana, the way I had done it was confusing. The naming scheme should now be more straightforward - #2 has been replaced.

Hmm, It seems to me that it is not changed in the MW. Could you send the link in the thread?
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15856
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » August 4th, 2020, 7:32 am

Careful! It's ok to post the link in the thread, but when cataloged, the link in the MW needs to point to the correct file as that is what will be pulled over to Archive.

MaryAnn

kylemaclean
Posts: 21
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 2:29 am

Post by kylemaclean » August 6th, 2020, 12:43 am

AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 6:38 am
kylemaclean wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 3:15 am
AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:31 am


Hey Kyle,
This section also has no issues in terms of text or techs, but I can't mark it PL ok, just yet.

Okay, so the intro and outro are confusing to me, however, since you're coordinating here, it'll be your say in the end.
In the intro you say "Chapter 2 1" and sounds confusing if you do not have the text in front of you. I personally think that it may be more clear if it goes "Chapter 2 of section 1" or some sort of variation.
The same goes for the outro. You say "End of 2 1", maybe something of the sort of "End of the second chapter of the first section".

As I said, it's up to you. If you decide to leave it as it is, than okay. If you decide to make a slight clarification in the disclaimers, please post a scheme as it will apply for all the latter sections, so we can have it written somewhere in the thread. Let me know, so we can proceed.

Best,
Thank you Ana, the way I had done it was confusing. The naming scheme should now be more straightforward - #2 has been replaced.

Hmm, It seems to me that it is not changed in the MW. Could you send the link in the thread?
It has been changed in the MW. What I did was rephrase how I announce the section after the LibriVox matter (which has stayed the same). The "Chapter 2 1" denotes that it is the first part(?) of chapter 2, because chapter 2 is by far the longest chapter in the book and is divided into parts(?) according to the different Celtic countries. After the LibriVox matter, I say "Chapter 2: Taking of Evidence, 1: General Introduction". What the book calls "Sections" are superheadings of chapters and I don't catalogue by these as it would be too confusing, but I do announce them after the LibriVox matter, as in #1: "Section 1: The Living Fairy Faith, Chapter 1: Environment"

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 114
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » August 6th, 2020, 8:10 am

kylemaclean wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 12:43 am
AnaNaumoska wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 6:38 am
kylemaclean wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 3:15 am


Thank you Ana, the way I had done it was confusing. The naming scheme should now be more straightforward - #2 has been replaced.

Hmm, It seems to me that it is not changed in the MW. Could you send the link in the thread?
It has been changed in the MW. What I did was rephrase how I announce the section after the LibriVox matter (which has stayed the same). The "Chapter 2 1" denotes that it is the first part(?) of chapter 2, because chapter 2 is by far the longest chapter in the book and is divided into parts(?) according to the different Celtic countries. After the LibriVox matter, I say "Chapter 2: Taking of Evidence, 1: General Introduction". What the book calls "Sections" are superheadings of chapters and I don't catalogue by these as it would be too confusing, but I do announce them after the LibriVox matter, as in #1: "Section 1: The Living Fairy Faith, Chapter 1: Environment"

Got it! Thank you for the explanation, as to guide me through the following sections!
Section 2 is good to go now! PL OK. :clap:
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Post Reply