ElizabethRayner

Post by ElizabethRayner »

ElizabethRayner

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

ElizabethRayner wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Thank you very much for all your help! :D Just to check, do I still use your MC in the uploader?
Yes, I am still MC for the project. :)
Jo
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

First set of PL notes (Chapter 1 and 2)! I adore your narrative voice, it's so soothing. <3
Chapter 1
8:31 - unintended pause of hesitation?

25:18 - At the end of the section, make sure to only say "End of Chapter [insert number here, in this case Chapter 1]," not end of [book title]. "End of [book title]" is reserved for the very last chapter of the book. Edit that portion out.

25:26 - Remove clicking sound

Chapter 2

3:25 - at first few and at great *intervals* [read as individuals]

16:01 to 16:28 - the vocals are a bit distractingly distorted here. Can they be cleaned up a bit more?

18:29 - missing line: "'[...]but I own I was rather annoyed.'"

19:21 - At the end of the section, make sure to only say "End of Chapter [insert number here, in this case Chapter 2]," not end of [book title]. "End of [book title]" is reserved for the very last chapter of the book. Edit that portion out.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
ElizabethRayner

Thank you so much! As for the end of book part, I shall go through and adapt that in all the recordings and reupload them :D
ElizabethRayner

Righty ho, for chapter two I decided the mic distortion couldn't be saved (my mic really hates me!) so I just decided to rerecord it with your notes, I'll update the MW as I go with the new recording and also all of the others with the edited ending :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/youngersister_02_hubback_128kb.mp3 19:07
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ElizabethRayner wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:27 pm Thank you so much! As for the end of book part, I shall go through and adapt that in all the recordings and reupload them :D
I would recommend doing that as you get my edits back. :) In terms of text corrections, I will only note them if they significantly change the meaning of a sentence.
Chapter 3:

9:27 - read as "Emma compiled" [should be "complied"]

19:26 - unintended pause to edit out?
Also, I am proposing a slightly edited summary for this book!
Emma Watson, the youngest child of six from a poor family, was sent away as a child to be raised by her wealthy aunt and uncle. When her uncle dies and her aunt remarries, Emma (now a pretty, well-educated, and opinionated young woman) returns home to help care for her ailing father and reconnect with her estranged siblings. She quickly must learn how to behave among the less affluent and navigate her way through the affections of many young men vying for her attention.

The Younger Sister is the first published completion of Jane Austen's unfinished novel The Watsons.
Last edited by Tortilla on July 29th, 2020, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Vol. 1, Chapters 1 & 2 are now PL OK. :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

This summar is much better.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ElizabethRayner

Tortilla wrote: July 29th, 2020, 5:47 pm
ElizabethRayner wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:27 pm Thank you so much! As for the end of book part, I shall go through and adapt that in all the recordings and reupload them :D
I would recommend doing that as you get my edits back. :) In terms of text corrections, I will only note them if they significantly change the meaning of a sentence.
Chapter 3:

9:27 - read as "Emma compiled" [should be "complied"]

19:26 - unintended pause to edit out?
Also, I am proposing a slightly edited summary for this book!
Emma Watson, the youngest child of six from a poor family, was sent away as a child to be raised by her wealthy aunt and uncle. When her uncle dies and her aunt remarries, Emma (now a pretty, well-educated, and opinionated young woman) returns home to help care for her ailing father and reconnect with her estranged siblings. She quickly must learn how to behave among the less affluent and navigate her way through the affections of many young men vying for her attention.

The Younger Sister is the first published completion of Jane Austen's unfinished novel The Watsons.

Thank you! And yes that summary is perfect! :D
ElizabethRayner

Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

More edits!
Chapter 4

4:24 - "[...]Well you see, *Elizabeth*," said Mrs. Robert ["Elizabeth" is missing from reading.]

22:04 - missing "--I love to be of use to the fair."
Checked Chapter 3 spot edits as well- "complied" doesn't seem to be changed?
ElizabethRayner

Tortilla wrote: July 29th, 2020, 7:27 pm More edits!
Chapter 4

4:24 - "[...]Well you see, *Elizabeth*," said Mrs. Robert ["Elizabeth" is missing from reading.]

22:04 - missing "--I love to be of use to the fair."
Checked Chapter 3 spot edits as well- "complied" doesn't seem to be changed?

I'll change those bits, thank you! And whoops, that's me being a big dafty and accidentally reuploading the wrong file, I'll upload the correct one now, sorry about that! :D
ElizabethRayner

Vol 1, Ch 10: 29:01

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/youngersister_10_hubback_128kb.mp3

Also I have a wee query for anybody here who knows how this system all works, when I get past volume 1 should I just continue naming the files in ascending order or should I distinguish between the volumes as technically volume 2 starts off with a chapter 1, I'm not sure what people normally do in this scenario! :-)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Elizabeth,

Keep numbering the filenames in numerical order based on the section numbers in the MW. When you get to Volume 2, at the beginning of your intros and outros, say Volume 2, chapter 1... ; volume 2 chapter 2...; etc. and similarly when you get to Volume 3, say Volume 3, Chapter 1..., Volume 3, Chapter 2..., etc.

If you wish, you can add "end of Volume 1" and "end of Volume 2" at the end of the appropriate chapters. That is up to you.
Jo