[SOLO] History of the Rise, Progress and Termination of the American Revolution by Mercy Otis Warren - lny

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » July 12th, 2020, 7:53 pm

History of the Rise, Progress and Termination of the American Revolution Vol. 1 by Mercy Otis Warren (1728 - 1814).


"Mercy Otis Warren was a highly influential writer backing American independence and government based in liberty, in an era when women didn’t write for the public. As someone who has been termed “the real daughter of the American Revolution,” she deserves to be included with our founders, rather than excluded by focusing attention only on our founding fathers, as an articulate voice for our founding principle of liberty, America’s role in making it into reality and what it takes to preserve the liberty hard-won in the American Revolution.

Her stirring commitment to liberty is no less important to maintain today, because

'Public opinion, when grounded on false principles…sometimes creates a tyranny, felt by the minority more severely than that usually inflicted by [a] monarch.' " (Summary from an excerpt of an article by Gary M. Galles on FEE.org)
( from an excerpt of an article by Gary M. Galles on FEE.org)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nyp.33433081774931&view=1up&seq=5
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard



    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!


    Magic Window:



    BC Admin
    ===========================================

    Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/History /Early Modern

    Keywords that describe the book: history, american revolution

    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of History of the Rise, Progress and Termination of the American Revolution Vol. 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "History of the Rise, Progress and Termination of the American Revolution Vol. 1, by Mercy Otis Warren. [Chapter]"


    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of History of the Rise, Progress and Termination of the American Revolution Vol. 1 by Mercy Otis Warren. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of History of the Rise, Progress and Termination of the American Revolution Vol. 1, by Mercy Otis Warren. "

    There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename historyamericanrevolutionvol1_##_warren_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. historyamericanrevolutionvol1_01_warren_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Ignore ID tags. These are automatically populated at time of cataloging.


    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

    Any questions?
    Please post below
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

KevinS
Posts: 10577
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 12th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Please let me know if you need an DPL and if I would be acceptable. It's quite all right if you have someone else in mind.
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » July 12th, 2020, 8:36 pm

KevinS wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Please let me know if you need an DPL and if I would be acceptable. It's quite all right if you have someone else in mind.
I was thinking of asking you after I completed Revelation, so that'd be great! :9: Thank you, Kevin! :clap:
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

KevinS
Posts: 10577
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 12th, 2020, 8:40 pm

AlongsideMom wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:36 pm
KevinS wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Please let me know if you need an DPL and if I would be acceptable. It's quite all right if you have someone else in mind.
I was thinking of asking you after I completed Revelation, so that'd be great! :9: Thank you, Kevin! :clap:
I'm on board.

But all those funny looking esses!
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » July 12th, 2020, 9:32 pm

KevinS wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:40 pm
AlongsideMom wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:36 pm
KevinS wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Please let me know if you need an DPL and if I would be acceptable. It's quite all right if you have someone else in mind.
I was thinking of asking you after I completed Revelation, so that'd be great! :9: Thank you, Kevin! :clap:
I'm on board.

But all those funny looking esses!
haha yeah that will take getting used to! ...I don't suppose Wikisource is an acceptable source? They have all 3 volumes typed out, but Gutenberg did not.
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/History_of_the_Rise,_Progress,_and_Termination_of_the_American_Revolution
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15089
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » July 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Brooke,
I received your PM and I’d enjoy being MC on this. I won’t be able to get you set up until around lunchtime tomorrow. You may upload to my folder until then. Of course if another MC can help you before then, that will be fine for me and I’ll try and catch up with you for v2. The choice is yours.

The file name should certainly be shortened. Maybe something along the line of historyamericanrevolutionv1_warren_128kb

AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » July 13th, 2020, 7:24 pm

linny wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Brooke,
I received your PM and I’d enjoy being MC on this. I won’t be able to get you set up until around lunchtime tomorrow. You may upload to my folder until then. Of course if another MC can help you before then, that will be fine for me and I’ll try and catch up with you for v2. The choice is yours.

The file name should certainly be shortened. Maybe something along the line of historyamericanrevolutionv1_warren_128kb
Wonderful! Thank you so much. :clap: I agree about the name, absolutely. Tomorrow is just fine. I appreciate it!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15089
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » July 14th, 2020, 9:01 am

You are all set and we are off to Going Solo. Let me know if you have any questions. :9:

AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » July 15th, 2020, 8:20 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/historyamericanrevolutionvol1_00_warren_128kb.mp3
Time for section 00 is 10:50
(Those S's did get easier, though it took practice! :lol: )
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » July 15th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Side question: I wondered if using Roman Numerals was acceptable for cataloging, and also what might be the best way to label the chapter divisions? 'Part 1/2', or 'a/b'? :hmm:
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

KevinS
Posts: 10577
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 16th, 2020, 1:24 pm

AlongsideMom wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:20 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/historyamericanrevolutionvol1_00_warren_128kb.mp3
Time for section 00 is 10:50
(Those S's did get easier, though it took practice! :lol: )
fo fuperb. PL OK!
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

KevinS
Posts: 10577
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 23rd, 2020, 6:12 pm

AlongsideMom wrote:
I wonder if you would consider turning this into a group project, so long as linny agrees. I know how busy people get during these times and I'd like to help the project along. I'd enjoy reading for it, but we would need a PL for whichever sections I might do.

What do you think? (No pressure on my part, so don't worry about that.)
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

AlongsideMom
Posts: 149
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » November 23rd, 2020, 6:41 pm

I am so sorry it has been languishing and appreciate your understanding as well as your desire to move along the project!
This coming weekend will end a season in which my husband will have worked 7-days a week for 9 weeks in a row 😵 and with 5 children it has left little time for recording. (It didn't help when my toddler crashed my laptop. :lol: though I still have a desktop😁) I am determined to spend time on this very soon, but I think you are right that it may be best for the project to open it up, so I am all for it if Linny is! ☺ Thank you!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

KevinS
Posts: 10577
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 23rd, 2020, 7:13 pm

AlongsideMom wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:41 pm
I am so sorry it has been languishing and appreciate your understanding as well as your desire to move along the project!
This coming weekend will end a season in which my husband will have worked 7-days a week for 9 weeks in a row 😵 and with 5 children it has left little time for recording. (It didn't help when my toddler crashed my laptop. :lol: though I still have a desktop😁) I am determined to spend time on this very soon, but I think you are right that it may be best for the project to open it up, so I am all for it if Linny is! ☺ Thank you!
Oh my! You are busy!

Whatever you think is appropriate, I'm with you.
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15089
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » November 24th, 2020, 4:51 am

I have no problem keeping it a solo. I would prefer you note every month that you still are trying to find the time and project when you think you will be able to get to another section.

Post Reply