COMPLETE: Homecraft Rugs by Lydia Le Baron Walker -lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I think we do the same thing, Linny, I'm just not good at describing it. I did get a response from the Audacity help forum with some good suggestions. I'll give those ideas a try and if they don't work, I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

And by not being good at describing it, I mean that they are saved as Audacity files.

On another point, I need to establish keywords--can they be phrases? And I need to write a description/synopsis of the book for its release--is there a length limit?

Finally, as a matter of protocol, I have another solo project with an MC and DPL already signed on, which I will start once I have finished recording this project, but there is yet another that I would like to do. Do members typically work on more than one project at a time?

Thanks,
linny

Post by linny »

Some do work on multiple projects. Honestly I thinks it whatever keeps you motivated to record and doesn't annoy your DPL because you are either too fast for them or too slow. I've seen DPLs leave a project if there hasn't been anything to listen to in over a month. Relax, enjoy, you'll find the right pace. I would suggest not starting the third project until you get the Audacity issues worked out.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 11 has just a little correction. At 24:19, there is a repetition: "it is so named...".

Wow, what an interesting chapter! First, I love the term archeology of floor coverings :D Also, I could never learn cross stitch properly, even though I did embroider a bit as a teenager. I had no idea how old it was though!
Leni
=================
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Thanks, Leni. I'll get the repeat in section 11 fixed. I have uploaded the corrected version of Section 10 (Chapter 10). :clap: I still haven't figured out the problem with Audacity, but it affected only that file. (I still had it saved on the original computer, so I just switched out the hardware long enough to fix that chapter, export it, and upload it.) I have been able to export everything else successfully, which brings me to the next point. I have recorded several of the shorter chapters and will begin uploading them. Again, you should feel no pressure to get to them; the problem is my schedule. I was originally scheduled to have training on only a few days in each of the next two weeks, but now it is every day, Monday through Friday, all day. On the other hand, I was supposed to be in training four days this week but instead, only one. :roll: I have been using the extra time to work on this project in hopes of staying on track to have it entirely in your hands (or is it ears?) by mid-August.

Thanks again,

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I've done a little bit of everything, I guess, but cross-stitch has never been a favorite--too hard to follow those little charts! And I would think that cross-stitch rugs would constantly snag? Who knows!
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Leni, I've eliminated the repeat in section 11 and reposted the corrected version for your spot check. I've also posted sections 18-21, each of which is fairly short, whenever you get around to them. Thanks much,

Joanne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Great, Joanne! I will probably get to them on the weekend. :D
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 10 and 11 are PL OK!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 12, repetition @25:11 - "Oriental designs are not lacking...". Also, at the end, there should be an outro: "End of Section 12"
Leni
=================
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Leni, I've fixed section 12 and reposted it for your spot check. With respect to it (and the later sections), should the outro be end of a section or end of a chapter or both?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

jhturner wrote: August 1st, 2020, 1:09 pm Leni, I've fixed section 12 and reposted it for your spot check. With respect to it (and the later sections), should the outro be end of a section or end of a chapter or both?
:hmm:

I usually use end of Section, because not always the Section and the Chapter correspond, but people use Chapter as well. I don't think it makes much of a difference, the point is to have an outro so the listener knows that is really the end of the reading, and that the file wasn't somehow cut in the middle.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 13:
@25:59, a repetition " A little knack..."

I was glad to hear that "the idiosyncrasies of the hand" are the "charm of handcraft" - that is how I am going to name all my mistakes in crocheting :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leni
=================
linny

Post by linny »

I always say “that’s how you know it was handmade”. :lol:
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Then there's the Amish justification: only God can make perfection!

Leni, I've fixed the repeat in section 13 and uploaded the corrected version for your spot check.

Thanks,

Joanne