COMPLETE The Idea of a University by John Henry Newman-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AndrewNash

Post by AndrewNash »

AndrewNash

Post by AndrewNash »

Hi Carisa. I haven't heard from you for a some months about PL for my recording of 'The Idea of a University'. Is everything OK?
Andrew Nash
AndrewNash

Post by AndrewNash »

Hi mighty felix. My DPL, Carisa has stopped doing my PL on 'The Idea of a University' and hasn't picked up a PM from me asking her/him about it. She may have left Librivox. I need to advertise for a new DPL. Can you let me know how I do this? Thanks.
Andrew
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That's too bad. I hope she is ok. Hopefully we'll hear from her sooner or later. But in the meantime, you're certainly free to find a new DPL. This post explains how to advertise for a DPL: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

If you have any trouble with the template, I can help you with it this evening.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I didn't see a post from you in Listeners Wanted. I don't know if that means you were having trouble with it, or just didn't have a chance to look at it. But either way, I went ahead and posted an advertisement for you here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85322
AndrewNash

Post by AndrewNash »

Thank you! I just hadn't got round to it yet - been doing lots of recording. I am most grateful to you for posting it for me.
Andrew Nash
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, mightyfelix and AndrewNash. :D

Just thought I'd let you know that if a PL or DPL is still required, I'm available.
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
AndrewNash

Post by AndrewNash »

Thank you! I'd be most grateful if you'd do the PL. There's quite a backlog of recordings to PL.
Andrew
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

AndrewNash wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:26 am Thank you! I'd be most grateful if you'd do the PL. There's quite a backlog of recordings to PL.
Andrew
No problem. I think I just need to wait for the BC to authorize me to be DPL. I'll start as soon as I am allowed to. :thumbs:
Jasna

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Dulcamara wrote: January 31st, 2021, 11:48 am
AndrewNash wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:26 am Thank you! I'd be most grateful if you'd do the PL. There's quite a backlog of recordings to PL.
Andrew
No problem. I think I just need to wait for the BC to authorize me to be DPL. I'll start as soon as I am allowed to. :thumbs:
I've given you MW access, so you're all good!

For future reference, you don't technically need to wait for this access before you begin your PLs. As long as the BC/soloist has accepted you, then you can start listening if you like and just post your findings in the thread until the MC comes along to give you access to the MW. :)
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

mightyfelix wrote: January 31st, 2021, 2:23 pm
Dulcamara wrote: January 31st, 2021, 11:48 am
Andrew
I've given you MW access, so you're all good!

For future reference, you don't technically need to wait for this access before you begin your PLs. As long as the BC/soloist has accepted you, then you can start listening if you like and just post your findings in the thread until the MC comes along to give you access to the MW. :)
It's clear now. Thank you! :thumbs:
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

AndrewNash,

Sections 10 and 11 are PL OK.
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi,

Section 17 is PL OK.

:clap:
Jasna

AndrewNash

Post by AndrewNash »

Thank you!
Andrew
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

PL notes on Section 14:

Between 31:09 and 31:16 there is a repeat of " Well, it may, but would Cicero" and a pause in between.

I'm new here so there's a detail in the introduction I'm not sure about. The recording goes "... Lecture 4, Elementary Studies, Grammar". However, in the Gutenberg text the word "Grammar" does not appear until a little further on, after a couple paragraphs. Anyway, the choice does not affect the content at all. Just a newbie wondering. :D

Regards
Jasna