LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 5 is PL OK!
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

It sounds as if you're saying "Chapter 12", instead of Chapter 2, in the two instances in the intro, and in the outro. Everything else is fine!
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Oh, I have mixed up with another section that I am recording. This has now been rectified:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/_historyofthegreatwarvolumeone_06_buchan_128kb.mp3

Btw, I think you have been charitable in proofreading my recordings that they may have deemed passing the minimum requirement. But I would like to know if there is anything that I need to improve so as to make my recording more comprehensible and listenable. Does my accent cause any issue? Am I reading too slowly or too fast? Are there any particular words that I tend to pronounce not too clearly? Is my intonation appropriate? Since I cannot secure a sound-proof environment, and I have also filtered my recordings with noise cancellation, but does the background noise still has room to be improved? Just make any comment that comes to your mind.
Thanks.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 6 is now PL OK!

There's that extra underscore in the filename again!

I can't hear any background noise. I sometimes find the s sound more prominent, but this can be subjective to each person's ears.

Your reading pace is fine. It is probably faster than the average Librivox pace, but it is not "too fast".

So far I haven't noted any mistakes in intonation. And I understand you perfectly; I find no issue with your accent. Your diction is clear.
Btw, I think you have been charitable in proofreading my recordings that they may have deemed passing the minimum requirement.
I understand that as a reader you want the best result for your project, and I can respect that. If you feel that my standard PL level is not enough, I can step down as DPL, so that you find a DPL for the special PL level you require. :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Since there seems to be that extra underscore added to the file names, please make sure to paste that link into the MW. I looked in my folder in the uploader, and there are a bunch of sections in the wrong spot. And, if you don't put the correct link into the MW, the wrong section will still in the MW, and it may get cataloged that way.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window is updated with the correct links! :thumbs:
I make it a point to update the link if it is not, and I proof-listen from the link in the Magic Window to make sure it is the correct one. :D
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

I understand that as a reader you want the best result for your project, and I can respect that. If you feel that my standard PL level is not enough, I can step down as DPL, so that you find a DPL for the special PL level you require. :)
No, don't misread my intention :( . I am actually more than happy with you as my DPL. :clap: It is only that, since I am not a native English speaker, I am more concerned about how this might affect the listenability of my recordings (furthermore, this text also contains a lot of foreign words, and with long sentences, making it sometimes rather difficult for me to execute). I am glad to read about the compliments you made about the quality of my work. But I think there is always scope for improvement on anything, and recording in Librivox is a good opportunity to make improvements. At least I now learn that my pace is a bit faster than the average, which I am not aware of (as sometimes I feel I am a bit too slow).
Thanks. :thumbs:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, David! I find the topic interesting so I enjoy the listen; I was just letting you know that you have this option as well.
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 7 marked PL OK in the Magic Window. Optional edit: mispronounced the word "furlough" at 10:08.
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Mistake rectified, thanks.
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL notes for Section 8, just for the ending outro, you say "End of chapter 13" instead of 3.
Everything else is great!

Section 7: spot-checked: OK!
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

I mess up again :oops:, mistake corrected, thanks