COMPLETE: Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children by Mary Esther Miller MacGregor (1876 - 1961).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/stories-of-siegfried-told-to-the-children-by-mary-esther-miller-macgregor/

Dear Denis,—Here is a story that I found in an old German poem called the Nibelungenlied. The poem is full of strange adventure, adventure of both tiny dwarf and stalwart mortal.

Some of these adventures will fill this little book, and already I can see you sitting in the nursery as you read them.

The door is opened but you do not look up. 'Denis! Denis!' You are called, but you do not hear, for you are not really in the nursery any longer.

You have wandered away to Nibelheim, the home of the strange little people of whom you are reading, and you have ears only for the harsh voices of the tiny Nibelungs, eyes only for their odd, wrinkled faces.

Siegfried is the merry hero of the Nibelungenlied. I wonder will you think him as brave as French Roland or as chivalrous as your English favourite, Guy of Warwick? Yet even should you think the German hero brave and chivalrous as these, I can hardly believe you will read and re-read this little book as often as you read and re-read the volumes which told you about your French and English heroes.—Yours affectionately,

MARY MACGREGOR
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26181
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales; Fantastic Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, siegfried, heroic, nibelung, germanic myth

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children, by Mary Esther Miller MacGregor. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children by Mary Esther Miller MacGregor. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children, by Mary Esther Miller MacGregor. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename storiesofsiegfried_##_macgregor_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. storiesofsiegfried_01_macgregor_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags ID3 tags will be added automatically during cataloging.
    Artist: Mary Esther Miller MacGregor
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Stories of Siegfried, Told to the Children

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Hello All,

I'm looking forward to reading this set of adventures, which I found on gutenberg.org. I did not see a publication date listed there, and other sites were of no help. For what it's worth, other books in the "Told to the Children" series by this author appear to have been published in the first decade of the 20th century.

Regards,
Steve
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Steve. I can MC this for you. We do not need a publication date as long as Gutenberg text indicates on the BibRec tab that the Copyright Status is Public Domain in the U.S. (as this one does). Be back shortly to add your MW. :)
Jo
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Thanks Jo! I have updated the MW with the chapter titles.

Regards,
Steve
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Hi Jo,

The introductory section is ready for review: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/storiesofsiegfried_00_macgregor_128kb.mp3

Apologies if I missed something, but will there be a separate PL for this project?

Regards,
Steve
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

You can wait a bit and see if someone volunteers now that you have posted the first section, or you can advertise for a DPL in Listeners Wanted. See this post for instructions.
Jo
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Chapter 1 ready for review: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/storiesofsiegfried_01_macgregor_128kb.mp3

I'll give this update a little while and advertise for a DPL if no one steps forward.

Thanks,
Steve
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

sweaver

Post by sweaver »

Hi Steve! I have PL'd your introduction and it matches all standard criteria. Way to go on you narration.

P.S. I am still figuring out how libriVox works, was this the correct place to contact you?

Sincerely,
Siler
GillianT

Post by GillianT »

Hey to you all,

I am new to this platform, but would happily be your DPL for you. So far, listening to your introduction & Ch 1, I would feel comfortable following you along on this journey.

Respectfully,
G
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

GillianT wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 9:43 pm Hey to you all,

I am new to this platform, but would happily be your DPL for you. So far, listening to your introduction & Ch 1, I would feel comfortable following you along on this journey.

Respectfully,
G
Hi Gillian - Many thanks for the offer, and I'd be glad to have you along.

Jo - would you be so kind as to set Gillian up with the necessary privileges?

Regards,
Steve
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Welcome to LibriVox, Gillian. Since you are new to PLing, please have a look at the Prooflistening guidelines and links therein, if you haven't already done so. It is up to the reader of each project if they would like to request more than the standard level of PLing.

PL guidelines

Meanwhile, I will add you as DPL for this project. If this will be your first project as DPL, you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you access to enter change the PL status of each section as you PL which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

If you have any questions, just ask!
Jo
GillianT

Post by GillianT »

Hi Steve and Jo,

Great job so far Steve. :clap: Your flow, annunciation, diction, and tone have a positive and comforting energy. Everything is as it should be, for the first 3 sections that are uploaded: Introduction Ch 1 & 2, including the required information. :thumbs:

Jo, am I supposed to do anything else other than give feedback here?

Respectfully,
G
Last edited by GillianT on July 25th, 2020, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GillianT

Post by GillianT »

Also Jo,

How will I know when subsequent chapters are ready? Do I need to keep coming back here or will I receive a notification via an email alert?

G
Last edited by GillianT on July 25th, 2020, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GillianT

Post by GillianT »

Also to both of you,

I am in Thailand, so there will be a delay between our emails.

G