[COMPLETE]The Life of Christ by Farrar-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
callisterp

Post by callisterp »

Sorry. I've been working on Chapter 8 very slowly. I will add an "end of chapter" to seven.
callisterp

Post by callisterp »

Ok. Chapter 7 now has an "end of chapter." I'm not sure if it's allowed but since it was such a minor addition, I changed to "PL ok."
callisterp

Post by callisterp »

I know it has been a while since I've checked in. I'm continuing the project, but I probably will appear dormant for a few months. I have some other demands on my time.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just to let you know that I'm still here to PL your recordings.
Take you time . . . .
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
callisterp

Post by callisterp »

I'm still here. Back issues make it difficult to spend lots of time on the computer. I will get back to it. Thanks for your patience!
callisterp

Post by callisterp »

I am still not able to work sitting up at a computer beyond what is required of me for my profession. This is due to several problems with chronic pain. My doctors and I are working on solutions. I will periodically checkin, but for the time being I cannot work on this project. I will return, however.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Would you like to place it on hold while you are working out pain management? Or you can keep it open, it's up to you. But please let me know either way.

Good luck getting this worked out, I know it is not easy!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Soloist has not logged in since November 2021. Moving to Abandoned.
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

I just figured out where the opened file was -- still learning my way around Librivox!

Very sorry to read of the health struggles of the original soloist - heart wrenching.

Thank you mightyfelix for allowing me to take a look at Farrar's The Life of Christ. It is an incredible work (and rather mammoth) and I am quite interested in it. I have read a portion of the book this week. However, I believe omitting the footnotes in the audiobook is a dis-service to this scholarly work. I would weave them throughout the text as we did in Selections from Josephus by Titus Flavius Josephus. For that project I learned biblical Koine Greek and Ecclesiastical Latin, both of which are also liberally used by Farrar in his notes.

If this work is still available in the fall, I would be very interested in creating a new solo project for it instead of adopting the unfinished work. I'll keep my eye on it - let's talk again in September. Again, thank you so much for posting this monumental work. I'll be reading in its entirety while travelling this spring.

BeckyWTX
Rebecca Eden Walker
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

thread moved back to Abandoned Projects.
Jo
GillH

Post by GillH »

I'm happy to take this on so that Paul's work doesn't go to waste, but I'm a bit confused about which version of the text is to be used. I've read the first three pages of notes but I don't know which version was finally authorised. Can anyone help? Someone who was involved from the beginning, perhaps? Thanks.
I'll hold off for now.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

GillH wrote: June 9th, 2023, 9:59 am I'm happy to take this on so that Paul's work doesn't go to waste, but I'm a bit confused about which version of the text is to be used. I've read the first three pages of notes but I don't know which version was finally authorised. Can anyone help? Someone who was involved from the beginning, perhaps? Thanks.
I'll hold off for now.
It's been awhile, so I don't remember all the details of what was decided, by whom and when. But I believe that the text settled on was the archive version that is still linked in the first post. That's also the one listed behind the scenes, in the database. So it looks like that was a go, even though there was no printed date in it.

If you decide to pick this up, I'll be happy to resume MC duties.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks a lot. Yes, please!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I'm working on pulling it out of storage now. You want to finish the rest as a solo, is that right? Or were you planning to open it to other readers?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The DPL for this originally was silverquill. He may be interested in continuing in that role. If not, you can add a tilde to the subject to advertise for a new one. I've given you the ability to edit the first post.