[COMPLETE] How To Succeed in the Christian Life by Reuben Archer Torrey - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I really liked chapter 6! Some very excellent points in there, especially for a new believer. You do need to make a small correction.

Opening silence is over 4 seconds. Needs to be trimmed to 0.5-1 second.
While you're in there, you should also tack on about 1 more second of silence at the end. :)
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

mightyfelix wrote: October 1st, 2020, 6:35 pm I really liked chapter 6! Some very excellent points in there, especially for a new believer. You do need to make a small correction.

Opening silence is over 4 seconds. Needs to be trimmed to 0.5-1 second.
While you're in there, you should also tack on about 1 more second of silence at the end. :)
Yes, I'm definitely being reminded of some important truths. Thanks for the corrections! I will get that edited and re uploaded.
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

I have re uploaded Chapter 6. Thanks!
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

dolivervo wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:20 pm I have re uploaded Chapter 6. Thanks!
I wanted to ensure that my update took so I tried to play the first 5 seconds, but it seems like the link, even the new one, is still pointing to my old version. When I play my latest version on my computer and in Audacity it is starting at less than 1 second. But when clicking on the link, it still begins at 4 seconds in. Is there something I need to do differently? Can you see my updated files? I tried to upload twice to see if it would change but I still hear only the 4 second version. Please let me know if I need to try and upload again. Sorry about the extra file.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

dolivervo wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:30 pm
dolivervo wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:20 pm I have re uploaded Chapter 6. Thanks!
I wanted to ensure that my update took so I tried to play the first 5 seconds, but it seems like the link, even the new one, is still pointing to my old version. When I play my latest version on my computer and in Audacity it is starting at less than 1 second. But when clicking on the link, it still begins at 4 seconds in. Is there something I need to do differently? Can you see my updated files? I tried to upload twice to see if it would change but I still hear only the 4 second version. Please let me know if I need to try and upload again. Sorry about the extra file.
It's probably a caching issue. Your browser has stored the old version and will play that instead of downloading it afresh. I do see it in the uploader as having uploaded twice today.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I don't think it is a caching issue. I am still getting the old version, too. You reuploaded it, but it looks to me like you reuploaded an identical file. :hmm: Could it have something to do with how you saved it? I know that other readers have had trouble with their computer automatically renaming a new file to something else, instead of overwriting the old one.
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

mightyfelix wrote: October 4th, 2020, 2:53 pm I don't think it is a caching issue. I am still getting the old version, too. You reuploaded it, but it looks to me like you reuploaded an identical file. :hmm: Could it have something to do with how you saved it? I know that other readers have had trouble with their computer automatically renaming a new file to something else, instead of overwriting the old one.
I tried uploading with a different browser and finally hear the new file. Just tested the first few seconds. Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I just now noticed that chapter 6 has been waiting on a spot PL! for quite awhile, it looks like! Terribly sorry about that, Dee. :oops: It is PL ok now, though.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

dolivervo wrote: September 27th, 2020, 5:48 pm I also noticed I have been putting my files in the wrong place when uploading them, under your username instead of TriciaG for the last two files.
I just moved the file in question over to Tricia's folder and corrected the MW link, so this is taken care of now. :thumbs:
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Thanks, Devorah! No need to apologize. I saw that Christ and His Friends was wrapping up and figured you might be busy with that, as well as life in general! I have taken a long break myself, but chapter 7 is up today!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for your understanding. Still, a quick spot PL shouldn't have to wait that long. Chapter 7 will have to wait at least a few days, though, until after the Thanksgiving holiday. :wink:
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

mightyfelix wrote: November 24th, 2020, 11:07 pm Thanks for your understanding. Still, a quick spot PL shouldn't have to wait that long. Chapter 7 will have to wait at least a few days, though, until after the Thanksgiving holiday. :wink:
Yes, hope you have Happy Thanksgiving!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well done again, Dee. Chapter 7 is PL ok as is, but I'm marking it See PL notes, just because I have a quick suggestion. You can take it or leave it.

There are a couple of places in here where the author lists several verses in succession, and it's clear on the page, but not in the ear, what the reference is. For instance, at 33:44, you have "Acts 20: 29, 30, 32." As it is now, it kind of sounds to me like it might mean "Acts 20:29, 30:32." In other words, if I didn't have the text in front of me, I wouldn't know if chapters or verses are meant. You might try something like "Acts 20, verses 29, 30, 32." Tiny little change, but it give a bit more clarity.

The same kind of situation exists at 34:22, with "Psalm 119: 98, 100, 130."
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

mightyfelix wrote: November 27th, 2020, 4:10 pm Well done again, Dee. Chapter 7 is PL ok as is, but I'm marking it See PL notes, just because I have a quick suggestion. You can take it or leave it.

There are a couple of places in here where the author lists several verses in succession, and it's clear on the page, but not in the ear, what the reference is. For instance, at 33:44, you have "Acts 20: 29, 30, 32." As it is now, it kind of sounds to me like it might mean "Acts 20:29, 30:32." In other words, if I didn't have the text in front of me, I wouldn't know if chapters or verses are meant. You might try something like "Acts 20, verses 29, 30, 32." Tiny little change, but it give a bit more clarity.

The same kind of situation exists at 34:22, with "Psalm 119: 98, 100, 130."
I see what you mean. I think there are some other chapters that may have this issue as well so it will be good to add this in. I will see if I can add that clarification and resubmit it. Thanks for these notes!
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Devorah, I have updated the file with a few changes to the end including the "verses". Changes come after 33:29. Thanks!