LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 11 is PL ok. Nicely done! :thumbs:
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Great! Thank you!
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

This month has been a bit busy as we have had family visiting. I have all remaining chapters recorded but still need to complete editing. I hope to get back to that in August. Thanks for your time!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the update!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Hello! Back at some editing. Chapter 12 is ready for PL. Hope you are both well!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 12 is PL ok! I'm sorry to say that this was the first chapter in which I had to disagree with Mr. Torrey. But on the other hand, I disagree with my best friends on some things, at least. :mrgreen:
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Yes, we can disagree and still love one another! :) I do kind of like the idea of good books as companions, but I don't think I really see them that way. More like timely inputs, that God uses to get me meditating on spiritual things. Thanks for your time!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I do think of books as companions, absolutely; it isn't that. It was the fact that he mostly dismisses fiction reading as a waste of time at best and harmful to the soul at worst. I think almost any fiction can be edifying when read with wisdom. And when a spiritual theme is set forth in the form of a story, it takes much deeper root in me than if I had read or heard any number of sermons on the same theme.
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

mightyfelix wrote: September 17th, 2021, 6:06 pm Oh, I do think of books as companions, absolutely; it isn't that. It was the fact that he mostly dismisses fiction reading as a waste of time at best and harmful to the soul at worst. I think almost any fiction can be edifying when read with wisdom. And when a spiritual theme is set forth in the form of a story, it takes much deeper root in me than if I had read or heard any number of sermons on the same theme.
I see what you mean. I suppose one could think of parables in this way. Stories with the truth of the kingdom embedded in them. Though they might have been true stories, there is no clear indication that they were. Yet, they conveyed the truth about what the kingdom of God was like.
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Chapter 13 is ready for PL. It is interesting how most of the examples in this section seem more associated with the time period in which it was written, but the principles sound very much like 1 Corinthians 10, which he quotes. Hope you are having a good week!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 13 is PL ok. Sorry for the delay! :D
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Great! Thank you!
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

I did not get to edit in November but I am hoping to work on some this month.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Two to go!

Go! Go! Go! You can do it! :mrgreen:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
dolivervo

Post by dolivervo »

Thank you for the encouragement! Happy New Year! Still working on editing!