COMPLETE - SOLO A Book of Sibyls: Mrs. Barbaud, Miss Edgeworth, Miss Opie, Miss Austen - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey, my brain has been in some strange, annoying La-La Land ever since February. It's like some weird menopausal or Lupus fog going on. So I'm not about to look askance at anyone else's flubs right now. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

All set! 2 is fixed and 3 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Super! 2 is marked PL OK :thumbs:

and 3 is pulled for morning PL :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: May 12th, 2020, 12:34 pm All set! 2 is fixed and 3 is up.
Well, that was sad :(

But Section 3 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

It was! And I don't quite know what to make of the fact that she asks her brother to give her his son, as she has no children, and ..he does!
In this section, there was a very brief reference to the execution of a Dr. Dodd, which made me curious. Here is a link to the story on that : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Dodd_(priest)
Section 4 is ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

So much of interest between these sections on Anna (who, it seems, possessed quite a sarcastic turn - and yeah, what is with the Charles thing?) and the Dodd situation. So funny that a clergyman acted thus. I wonder how unique his behavior was - looking at the bahavior of others in the article, if that's the ilk of society Bernard Mandeville was familiar with, no wonder he promoted the views he did.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

One of the great perks of these biographies is how they kickstart a lot of research into things I had never really known much (if anything) about before ! And section 5 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: May 18th, 2020, 12:08 pm One of the great perks of these biographies is how they kickstart a lot of research into things I had never really known much (if anything) about before ! And section 5 is up!
Yes!

Section 5 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 6 is up :D !
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 6 is superb, as usual! PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

:9: How nice! Thanks!
Section 7 is up. It is a sad section, but I thought it had a real sweetness to it.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 7 is PL OK :thumbs:

Yes, poignant. That sounds like he may have had Alzheimer's or similar dementia, doesn't it? :(
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

It does - although he seems to have had mental health issues throughout their marriage, and that this was the reason they had to leave their school in 1787. Sad for both of them.
But now we move on to an author who (so far) seems to have had a more cheerful life. Section 8 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 8 is PL OK :thumbs:

Wow - that certainly was a marked difference in atmosphere!
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 9 is up - in which the author, imho, seems to digress (A LOT). Here we learn all about the group that Miss Edgeworth's father hung out with when he was 22. This section kind of lost me :roll: !