(COMPLETE) The Basic Bible, Old Testament - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Okay.... I think I majorly screwed up something. I forgot to add the Title, Author, and Section tags on my recordings. 😩

Will I need to re-upload every file I’ve recorded thus far with those tags? I think I may have misinterpreted when I was told not to label my files because they would be filled in upon cataloguing.

Like I said before, I was gone from LV a long time, and am still reorienting myself into the whole process.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No - you don't need to anymore - the new software adds them at cataloging time. This makes sure they are all the same. It adds numbers to the title fields in the MW too - so everything plays in order

Anne
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

annise wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:09 pm No - you don't need to anymore - the new software adds them at cataloging time. This makes sure they are all the same. It adds numbers to the title fields in the MW too - so everything plays in order

Anne
Oh, good! What a relief! Thanks!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
lomond

Post by lomond »

markpenfold wrote: June 17th, 2020, 7:59 am Section 116, the Book of Amos:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/oldtestament_116_basicbible_128kb.mp3

28:28, 26.0 MB
Greetings -

Everything is OK with this chapter except that the volume is a bit high.

Lomond
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Unless it is "clipping" that can be managed at cataloguing too. It's the low ones that are the problem. We always try toadjust the volumes so they are all much the same - it makes for better listening, but the low ones could clip and distort the sound so they need to be adjusted visibly.

Anne
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

lomond wrote: June 20th, 2020, 11:29 am
markpenfold wrote: June 17th, 2020, 7:59 am Section 116, the Book of Amos:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/oldtestament_116_basicbible_128kb.mp3

28:28, 26.0 MB
Greetings -

Everything is OK with this chapter except that the volume is a bit high.

Lomond
I think I’ve been speaking too close to my mic. I’ll try to back it up an inch or two.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

I’m trying this new audio editor called TwistedWave, and I uploaded a few chapters of Amos to it to experiment with changing the volume. There’s a dB indicator which starts at 0, and I moved the indicator to “-23” for the dB level.

If I wanted to send a file just to have you listen to it to see if it it’s too soft or too loud, how would I do that?
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If you want other than us to listen, you could post a 1-minute test but I think you would probably do better just to do it here with about 1-minute maximum and let us listen :D - just call it Basic_test1 type of thing.

Anne
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

annise wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 4:09 pm If you want other than us to listen, you could post a 1-minute test but I think you would probably do better just to do it here with about 1-minute maximum and let us listen :D - just call it Basic_test1 type of thing.

Anne
Cool! I’ll send one of the Amos chapters and tell me what you think!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/01.mp3

Here is a test file of Amos Chapter 1. I adjusted the dB to -23.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Just a quick note:

My wife and I are expecting any day now, and I may not be able to record as much as I am now, but I will continue to record as much as I can. It’s our first child, so I will, no doubt, be very busy.

Thank you for your understanding! 👶🏻
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

annise wrote: June 20th, 2020, 3:22 pm Unless it is "clipping" that can be managed at cataloguing too. It's the low ones that are the problem. We always try toadjust the volumes so they are all much the same - it makes for better listening, but the low ones could clip and distort the sound so they need to be adjusted visibly.

Anne
I will mark this one as PL OK, and I will try to keep a little distance from the mic so the volume isn’t so high with future sections. When I try to decrease the dB level on Audacity, the recording seems to have more background noise, and trying to learn how to get rid of that noise—-not to mention all the other technical terms—-is really difficult for me.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Section 120, the Books of Nahum and Habakkuk:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/oldtestament_120_basicbible_128kb.mp3

18:03, 16.5 MB
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Hi, anise and lomond,

It looks like I will have to put this project on hold until September. My wife and I are getting ready for the arrival of our first child, and so that’s where my energy is being focused right now.

But when we get settled in and are able to get back to our normal routine, I will return to recording!

Thank you both for helping me to make this recording possible, and enjoy your summer!!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for letting us know, I hope all goes well with your family. I'll put this on hold temporarily when all is PLed - your just need to ask any admin to take it out of the cupboard when all settles down again for you.

Anne