COMPLETE: The Mute Singer by Anna Cora Mowatt Ritchie -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 23rd, 2020, 6:04 am

Benny, gradvol, weijzhou, and anyone else who might like to PL - I've talked to knotyouraveragejo, and since we only have a limited number of chapters left, we've decided we're not going to try to establish a Dedicated Proof Listener for this project. Instead, let's just continue to work chapter by chapter. If you'd like to PL a particular chapter, please post a claim on it in the thread so we won't duplicate efforts. (We don't necessarily have to work in order. If you'd like a short chapter, feel free to pick it) As of now the following chapters are available:

Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Thank you!

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 23rd, 2020, 6:33 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:31 am
Benny wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:21 pm
Thank you very much!!!
I read the instruction of standard PL but it is not that clear so I am not sure some of the mistakes need to be noted or not,
so I guess I will just put them down. Sorry... :cry:

01:11 adding of the word "him" (there is no "him" in the text)
01:17 changed the word "must" to "might" (It is "must" in the text)
02:59 changed “all the world" to "the whole world" (In the text it is "...all the world,")
07:42 missing a word "has"
10:09 changed the word "breast" to "chest"( It is "breast" in the text)
11:47 changed the word "about" to "around" (It is "about" in the text)

and the rest are good I think :D :D
These notes are fine. I like for my readings to be as good as they can be. I'm a little dyslexic and when I get into the emotion of the text and start reading fast, I begin to make a lot of small errors like these. Many prooflisteners just let these go by because they do not change the meaning of the sentences, but I don't mind going back and making corrections. Sometimes my unconscious substitutions can really mess up the sense of what the author's trying to say -- and that's a real problem.

Big things you need to look for in my recordings are that my little computer can lag and cause words to be clipped or skipped so that I need to re-record. Also sometimes when I catch my own mistakes and have to start over on a sentence, the program lags and leaves a pause in the middle of the sentence that I need to go back and cut. Also, sometimes I stutter a little on some words and don't realize that I've done it as well.

I'll get these changes posted soon so you can spot check them -- Good work!
Also -- not all proof listeners do this, but I really find it a big time-saver and am very grateful when PLs include page numbers from the text with their notes -- for example "changed the word "about" to "around" (top of page 360)"

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 23rd, 2020, 12:47 pm

ktaylor07 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 6:33 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:31 am
Benny wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:21 pm
Thank you very much!!!
I read the instruction of standard PL but it is not that clear so I am not sure some of the mistakes need to be noted or not,
so I guess I will just put them down. Sorry... :cry:

01:11 adding of the word "him" (there is no "him" in the text)
01:17 changed the word "must" to "might" (It is "must" in the text)
02:59 changed “all the world" to "the whole world" (In the text it is "...all the world,")
07:42 missing a word "has"
10:09 changed the word "breast" to "chest"( It is "breast" in the text)
11:47 changed the word "about" to "around" (It is "about" in the text)

and the rest are good I think :D :D
These notes are fine. I like for my readings to be as good as they can be. I'm a little dyslexic and when I get into the emotion of the text and start reading fast, I begin to make a lot of small errors like these. Many prooflisteners just let these go by because they do not change the meaning of the sentences, but I don't mind going back and making corrections. Sometimes my unconscious substitutions can really mess up the sense of what the author's trying to say -- and that's a real problem.

Big things you need to look for in my recordings are that my little computer can lag and cause words to be clipped or skipped so that I need to re-record. Also sometimes when I catch my own mistakes and have to start over on a sentence, the program lags and leaves a pause in the middle of the sentence that I need to go back and cut. Also, sometimes I stutter a little on some words and don't realize that I've done it as well.

I'll get these changes posted soon so you can spot check them -- Good work!
The corrected file is now posted.

(You don't have to re-listen to the entire file -- just the parts that needed corrections.)

DivMS
Posts: 426
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » May 24th, 2020, 12:30 am

Hi Kelly,
Seeing no claims for Chapter 13, I have PLed the short section.
However, it was such a pleasure to listen to your recording that I went ahead and PLed Chapter 14 as well. :D
Please forgive me for not claiming the Chapters in advance.

The PL Notes are as follows:

Chapter 13:
4:34 – Repeat “Why are you yelling in that… in that frantic fashion?” (Pg 266)
4:50.5 – Misread “without waiting for her to reappear” instead of “her to appear” (Pg 266)
9:10 – Misread “feebly muttered: Sylvie” instead of “feebly murmured: Sylvie” (Pg 269)

Chapter 14:
3:03 – Misread “investigate a cause so remarkable” instead of “investigate a case so remarkable” (Pg 276)
4:58.5 – Misread “unworthy of a grave disciple of Escapulus” instead of “disciple of Esculapius” (Pg 277)
6:25 – Missing word “silent” in “That he recognized the well-known but long-silent tones” (Pg 278)
12:23.5 – Misread “a pair of white satin slippers” instead of “a pair of satin slippers” (Pg 282)
14:33 – Misread “expiated upon their beauty” instead of “expatiated upon” (Pg 284)
27:38.5 – Misread “unpraised by the woman she loved” instead of “unpraised by the man” (Pg 293)
Divya

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 24th, 2020, 6:50 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:34 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 2:18 pm
I can be a PL :)
Okay, thanks! Welcome to the team! :D
Which Chapters do I need to do?

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 24th, 2020, 6:58 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:50 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:34 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 2:18 pm
I can be a PL :)
Okay, thanks! Welcome to the team! :D
Which Chapters do I need to do?
I can do Ch.15, 16.

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 24th, 2020, 7:39 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:58 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:50 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:34 am


Okay, thanks! Welcome to the team! :D
Which Chapters do I need to do?
I can do Ch.15, 16.
Okay, great! Go ahead!

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 24th, 2020, 7:47 am

DivMS wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 12:30 am
Hi Kelly,
Seeing no claims for Chapter 13, I have PLed the short section.
However, it was such a pleasure to listen to your recording that I went ahead and PLed Chapter 14 as well. :D
Please forgive me for not claiming the Chapters in advance.

The PL Notes are as follows:

Chapter 13:
4:34 – Repeat “Why are you yelling in that… in that frantic fashion?” (Pg 266)
4:50.5 – Misread “without waiting for her to reappear” instead of “her to appear” (Pg 266)
9:10 – Misread “feebly muttered: Sylvie” instead of “feebly murmured: Sylvie” (Pg 269)

Chapter 14:
3:03 – Misread “investigate a cause so remarkable” instead of “investigate a case so remarkable” (Pg 276)
4:58.5 – Misread “unworthy of a grave disciple of Escapulus” instead of “disciple of Esculapius” (Pg 277)
6:25 – Missing word “silent” in “That he recognized the well-known but long-silent tones” (Pg 278)
12:23.5 – Misread “a pair of white satin slippers” instead of “a pair of satin slippers” (Pg 282)
14:33 – Misread “expiated upon their beauty” instead of “expatiated upon” (Pg 284)
27:38.5 – Misread “unpraised by the woman she loved” instead of “unpraised by the man” (Pg 293)
No problem at all! Thanks for your help! :D

Some good catches here -- especially the one where I accidentally said "the woman she loved" instead of the "man she loved." I think that might have had quite a few listeners scratching their heads at that point in the story...

Corrected files are posted and ready for spot PL

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 24th, 2020, 7:49 am

Okay, as of now, here's how we stand:

Chapter 12
Chapter 15 weijzhou
Chapter 16 weijzhou
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Last edited by ktaylor07 on May 24th, 2020, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 24th, 2020, 7:56 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:58 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:50 am



I can do Ch.15, 16.
Okay, great! Go ahead!
0:24 adding the word “Honorine” (there is no “Honorine” in the text)
2:17 missing a word “if”
3:12 adding the word “I” (there is no “I” in the text)
3:56 adding the word “my” (there is no “my” in the text)
5:36 missing a word “would”
9:02 changing the word “minute” to “mineuet” (It is “minute” in the text)
9:45 changing the word “in a couple of days” to “ in a few days” (It is “ in a couple of days” in the text)
12:12 change the word “notice” to “remember” (It is “notice” in the text)
12:24 missing the word “and”
14:26 changing the word “the” to “this” (It is “the” in the text)
14:58 adding a word “same” (there is no “same” in the text)

They are just some small errors. There might be some mistakes in the text. The first one should have subject "Honorine".

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 24th, 2020, 8:51 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:56 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:58 am
Okay, great! Go ahead!
0:24 adding the word “Honorine” (there is no “Honorine” in the text)
2:17 missing a word “if”
3:12 adding the word “I” (there is no “I” in the text)
3:56 adding the word “my” (there is no “my” in the text)
5:36 missing a word “would”
9:02 changing the word “minute” to “mineuet” (It is “minute” in the text)
9:45 changing the word “in a couple of days” to “ in a few days” (It is “ in a couple of days” in the text)
12:12 change the word “notice” to “remember” (It is “notice” in the text)
12:24 missing the word “and”
14:26 changing the word “the” to “this” (It is “the” in the text)
14:58 adding a word “same” (there is no “same” in the text)

They are just some small errors. There might be some mistakes in the text. The first one should have subject "Honorine".
Chapter 16

3:01 Misread “shall not again suffer interruption” to “shall not suffer interruption again”
3:07 Misread “troubled” to “trumble”
7:14 Missing a word “little”
10:33 Changing the word “answered” to “replied”
10:56 Misread “accompany”
13:13 Adding a word “was”
13:44 Misread “confidently”
13:57 Changing “lie” to “he”
14:02 Changing “upon” to “on”
14:06 Changing “lie” to “he”
16:04 Changing “a” to “some”
18:22 Missing the word “I” and changing the word “When” to “and”

Still, there might be some mistake in the text. There should be "he" instead of "lie". I like the tone you use!
If you don't mind, I can do chapter 17 and 18 as well.

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 24th, 2020, 9:31 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 8:51 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:56 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:39 am


Okay, great! Go ahead!
0:24 adding the word “Honorine” (there is no “Honorine” in the text)
2:17 missing a word “if”
3:12 adding the word “I” (there is no “I” in the text)
3:56 adding the word “my” (there is no “my” in the text)
5:36 missing a word “would”
9:02 changing the word “minute” to “mineuet” (It is “minute” in the text)
9:45 changing the word “in a couple of days” to “ in a few days” (It is “ in a couple of days” in the text)
12:12 change the word “notice” to “remember” (It is “notice” in the text)
12:24 missing the word “and”
14:26 changing the word “the” to “this” (It is “the” in the text)
14:58 adding a word “same” (there is no “same” in the text)

They are just some small errors. There might be some mistakes in the text. The first one should have subject "Honorine".
Chapter 16

3:01 Misread “shall not again suffer interruption” to “shall not suffer interruption again”
3:07 Misread “troubled” to “trumble”
7:14 Missing a word “little”
10:33 Changing the word “answered” to “replied”
10:56 Misread “accompany”
13:13 Adding a word “was”
13:44 Misread “confidently”
13:57 Changing “lie” to “he”
14:02 Changing “upon” to “on”
14:06 Changing “lie” to “he”
16:04 Changing “a” to “some”
18:22 Missing the word “I” and changing the word “When” to “and”

Still, there might be some mistake in the text. There should be "he" instead of "lie". I like the tone you use!
If you don't mind, I can do chapter 17 and 18 as well.
You're doing a good job! :D
Please go ahead with Chapters 17 and 18. I will work on these corrections.

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 24th, 2020, 9:33 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:49 am
Okay, as of now, here's how we stand:

Chapter 12
Chapter 15 weijzhou
Chapter 16 weijzhou
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
And now:

Chapter 12
Chapter 15 weijzhou
Chapter 16 weijzhou
Chapter 17 weijzhou
Chapter 18 weijzhou

Almost there!! :D :D

ktaylor07
Posts: 239
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » May 24th, 2020, 9:57 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:56 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 6:58 am
Okay, great! Go ahead!
0:24 adding the word “Honorine” (there is no “Honorine” in the text)
2:17 missing a word “if”
3:12 adding the word “I” (there is no “I” in the text)
3:56 adding the word “my” (there is no “my” in the text)
5:36 missing a word “would”
9:02 changing the word “minute” to “mineuet” (It is “minute” in the text)
9:45 changing the word “in a couple of days” to “ in a few days” (It is “ in a couple of days” in the text)
12:12 change the word “notice” to “remember” (It is “notice” in the text)
12:24 missing the word “and”
14:26 changing the word “the” to “this” (It is “the” in the text)
14:58 adding a word “same” (there is no “same” in the text)

They are just some small errors. There might be some mistakes in the text. The first one should have subject "Honorine".
This the sort of thing I want you to look for. The only thing I ask is that I'd like you to include the page number of the error as well, please. For example: "14:58: added "same" (top of page 304)"

Thanks!

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 24th, 2020, 11:47 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:57 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:56 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 7:39 am


Okay, great! Go ahead!
0:24 adding the word “Honorine” (there is no “Honorine” in the text)
2:17 missing a word “if”
3:12 adding the word “I” (there is no “I” in the text)
3:56 adding the word “my” (there is no “my” in the text)
5:36 missing a word “would”
9:02 changing the word “minute” to “mineuet” (It is “minute” in the text)
9:45 changing the word “in a couple of days” to “ in a few days” (It is “ in a couple of days” in the text)
12:12 change the word “notice” to “remember” (It is “notice” in the text)
12:24 missing the word “and”
14:26 changing the word “the” to “this” (It is “the” in the text)
14:58 adding a word “same” (there is no “same” in the text)

They are just some small errors. There might be some mistakes in the text. The first one should have subject "Honorine".
This the sort of thing I want you to look for. The only thing I ask is that I'd like you to include the page number of the error as well, please. For example: "14:58: added "same" (top of page 304)"

Thanks!
No problem! I will do it for next two chapters.

Post Reply