[Solo] Genji Monogatari by Murasaki Shikibu - lt

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 18th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Section 7 is ready for PL.

silverquill
Posts: 13350
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 18th, 2020, 10:21 pm

Lynnet wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 5:03 pm
Section 7 is ready for PL.
Ah, the princess!

PL OK :thumbs:
~Larry

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » April 29th, 2020, 7:48 am

Section 8 is ready for PL.

silverquill
Posts: 13350
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 30th, 2020, 7:14 am

Lynnet wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 7:48 am
Section 8 is ready for PL.
Another PL OK!
~Larry

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 13th, 2020, 2:04 am

Section 9 is ready for PL.

silverquill
Posts: 13350
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 14th, 2020, 11:19 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 2:04 am
Section 9 is ready for PL.
PL OK!
~Larry

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 26th, 2020, 6:05 am

Section 10 is ready for PL.

silverquill
Posts: 13350
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 26th, 2020, 7:04 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 6:05 am
Section 10 is ready for PL.
Just one note for correction:

5:17
Repeat: "He thought that the lady . . . he thought that lady "

I've not commented on pronunciation, but since this is the title of the Chapter, only for what it's worth:

Aoi is three syllables. A (as in father), o (as in go) and i (as in Genji) - the latter syllable being very short and clipped.

I didn't know that Aoi also means hollyhock, because it is also the word for the color blue (but often for green as well -- a difference in color perception), but written with a different Chinese character, of course. But, Japanese, like most languages, has a lot of homophones. Korean is terrible for this, but probably English is worst. And, it turns out the the Hollyhock festival is big in the city of Kyoto. For me, hollyhocks were just a pretty flower that was a lot of fun to play with as a child. They grew wild where we lived.

Is there a new romance blooming with Violet?
~Larry

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 26th, 2020, 7:25 am

silverquill wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 7:04 am
Lynnet wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 6:05 am
Section 10 is ready for PL.
Just one note for correction:

5:17
Repeat: "He thought that the lady . . . he thought that lady "

I've not commented on pronunciation, but since this is the title of the Chapter, only for what it's worth:

Aoi is three syllables. A (as in father), o (as in go) and i (as in Genji) - the latter syllable being very short and clipped.

I didn't know that Aoi also means hollyhock, because it is also the word for the color blue (but often for green as well -- a difference in color perception), but written with a different Chinese character, of course. But, Japanese, like most languages, has a lot of homophones. Korean is terrible for this, but probably English is worst. And, it turns out the the Hollyhock festival is big in the city of Kyoto. For me, hollyhocks were just a pretty flower that was a lot of fun to play with as a child. They grew wild where we lived.

Is there a new romance blooming with Violet?
Thanks for the pronunciation tip. I admit, I make things up as I go along as I’ve never been to Asia at all.
As for the romance... well, he does seem to share himself around a bit :lol: I thought it a bit uncomfortable when he basically swooped her up and abducted her as a child.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 27th, 2020, 7:44 am

I have edited the repeat in section 10. I left Aoi as is, since it has occurred so many times.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 8th, 2020, 11:41 am

Section 11 is ready for PL.

silverquill
Posts: 13350
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 9th, 2020, 10:44 am

Lynnet wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 11:41 am
Section 11 is ready for PL.
10 and 11 are PL OK!
~Larry

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19762
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 27th, 2020, 9:14 am

The very short section 12 is up.

silverquill
Posts: 13350
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 29th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Lynnet wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 9:14 am
The very short section 12 is up.
Short Section 12 is PL OK
Just a small note for 13
At about 14:03 there is a small stumble with correction. Very small, but thought you might like to edit it.
~Larry

Post Reply