[Solo] Villette by Charlotte Bronte-pc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 5th, 2020, 11:30 pm

Hi all - sorry I've been so quiet, just had a lot on the go, what with the Lockdown and working from home and all.

I am however 99% done with Section 2 of Villette, hope to upload it later today.

Take care everyone,

Kind regards
Leanne
"We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too". Anon

www.kobaltdesigns.co.za : for graphic design / web design requirements, or email - Russell@kobaltdesigns.co.za

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 6th, 2020, 1:27 am

Hi Larry,

Section 2 is uploaded for checking please:

Section 2 - - - Paulina - - - Length: 18:17

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/villette_02_bronte_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Kind regards,
Leanne

www.kobaltdesigns.co.za : for graphic design / web design requirements, or email - Russell@kobaltdesigns.co.za

silverquill

Post by silverquill » April 7th, 2020, 7:51 am

Oh, wonderful. PL OK

Take care.
~Larry

Celebrating 7 years with LibriVox today

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 7th, 2020, 7:56 am

Yay Yay thank you Larry

Take care. Thanks for the PM

Leanne

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 9th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Hi there Larry

Hope all well in your neck of the woods. Section 3 is uploaded for checking please.

Section 3 - - - The Playmates - - - Length: 24:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/villette_03_bronte_128kb.mp3

Almost ready with Section 04.

Thanks a bunch, blessings over Easter,

Take care

Leanne

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 10th, 2020, 6:36 am

Hi Larry,

Sorry re Section 3 above, I guess it should be "The Playmates - Part 1" please, sorry (and Tom too) about that.

So, as promised, Section 4 is uploaded for checking please.

Section 04 - - - The Playmates - Part 2 - - - Length: 20:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/villette_04_bronte_128kb.mp3

Thanks so much. I hope the story is taking shape and interest now. It may seem that it is more of a children's story in the early sections, as a lot of the dialogue is about Polly, but it does become more interesting as hopefully you will see in the progressing sections. The style is of course quite different to Emily, as Villette was written about 70 years before Emily of New Moon. Speaking of the latter, does the completed work stay in Solo section, or does it move to Completed Works? Or perhaps it is duplicated, have not checked. Anyhow, no matter.

It was most strange to only have a virtual Easter Friday church service this morning - live streaming via Utube, including communion. Thank goodness for technology. Our president addressed us in a speech again last night, and South Africa needs to be in lockdown for a further 3 weeks. Phew. It's playing havoc with industry both large and small. Anyhow, it is for the best, to flatten the curve of the virus in our country.

Blessed Easter to you,

Take care
Leanne

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » April 10th, 2020, 7:13 am

Speaking of the latter, does the completed work stay in Solo section, or does it move to Completed Works?
Completed works should be moved to Completed works forum. Sometimes we overlook doing that. :roll:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Why was Pavlov's hair so soft? Cause he conditioned it of course.

Pssss! Some Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 13th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Hi Larry,

Section 05 is uploaded for checking, please.

Section 05 - - - Miss Marchmont - - - Length: 24:22

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/villette_05_bronte_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill » April 14th, 2020, 7:59 am

Hmmm. Did I not get this bookmarked?
Sorry to have missed these last chapters, but I will get right to them.

Yes, the shutdown is crazy. Our company kept going, but finally we were told to close. We are an online company that ships books to all of the US and around the world. We had already moved almost everyone to remote work except for the shipping department. I work in customer service and was already doing 3 days a week at home, so not so big of an adjustment for me. But, also in the household, my daughter now working remotely, and my wife with a couple of part-time things she's now doing online, and two grand-children doing their school online. Thankfully, we have reliable high speed interne!. But, with everyone hone, quiet time for recording is more difficult to come by.

Definitely not being able to get together in person for Holy Week and Easter was hard, but we maintain our sense of community as best we can. We're thankful for the technology that helps us do that.

Be back soon with some belated reports.
~Larry

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 14th, 2020, 8:08 am

Hi Larry,

Totally do understand, as am finding quiet time a rather of a challenge myself. Absolutely no hurry, whenever you get to it is perfectly fine with me. I am just plodding along this side, as there are 74 sections I just need to keep the momentum going, on my side.

Take care :)

Thirsch

Post by Thirsch » April 14th, 2020, 8:26 am

Here are some "Words of Wisdom" I stumbled across recently . . . .

I THINK WHEN THE DUST SETTLES, WE WILL REALIZE HOW VERY LITTLE WE NEED,

HOW VERY MUCH WE ACTUALLY HAVE,

AND THE TRUE VALUE OF HUMAN CONNECTION.
See you in the library . . . . .

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 14th, 2020, 9:06 am

Amen to that!

silverquill

Post by silverquill » April 14th, 2020, 11:16 am

Good observations, Tom.

Thought I'd record a little last night.
The only sound we have here on our little piece of the mountain are the sounds of nature, but the wind was howling so loud . . . .

Anyway, Leanne, you are PL OK through Section 5!
~Larry

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie » April 14th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Oh hooray, thanks very much Larry. Shame, didn't mean you to have to listen to so many sections all at once.

I've recorded up to Section 23, but it's the editing that is the time consuming part.... as you know. So I am ahead in the story, and a bit strange to go back and edit much earlier sections. I just wanted to get a lot of recording done while I am at home, and because it is quite daunting having 74 sections to complete, that I will feel better if I can get through at least a third. Madness in my method, I guess.

Thanks so much

Please take care everyone

Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill » April 14th, 2020, 8:58 pm

Oh, that's just fine, Leanne! I just took advantage of the non-quiet time to do the listening. I've taken to recording late in the evening when I finish my shift on the phone and it's quiet.

I think your approach is good, and is what I often do. I have several section recorded for a long narration I'm doing and hope to get some more done tonight and then will work on the editing. Your editing is seamless, by the way, making very smoothing recordings!

Carry on!
~Larry