COMPLETE-SOLO Stories from the History of Rome by Mrs. Beesly-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Thank you for your patience!

Chapter 5 is back up for a spot PL on the first few moments.
Chapters 6 through 9 are up for PL.

Thanks so, so much for all your hard work and encouragement!
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

Chapter 10 is also up!
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

Please don't be overwhelmed! I just got Chapters 11 and 12 finished as well. I'm rollin. ;o)

I just realized that I hadn't been putting the length on this chapters as I post them, which I am sincerely sorry for! I can go back and do that, if needed. For now:

Chapter 11-3m 19sec
Chapter 12-18m 15 sec

Thank you SOOO much!
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Welcome back,

I was actually just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if I would hear any more from you. Glad that you are back and have loaded some more chapters as I have enjoyed your recordings. I am looking forward to listening to this bunch.

M
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: October 6th, 2020, 2:29 pm Welcome back,

I was actually just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if I would hear any more from you. Glad that you are back and have loaded some more chapters as I have enjoyed your recordings. I am looking forward to listening to this bunch.

M
You are so encouraging! Thank you so much!
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

Chapter 13 is up and ready. Woo hoo! We're almost there!

Length: 13 min. 41 sec.
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 5 is PL Okay now.

Chapter 6 is also PL Okay. You have a little more than 5 seconds of silence at the end so you should try to keep it to the 5 seconds for future recordings.

Interesting read - although now I am left with all the Fabii dead except for one boy and I don't know what happened to him.

And, as always it was enjoyable to listen to. :thumbs:

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 7 is PL Okay. Your volume is at the bottom of the acceptable range. You should probably increase it around 2 dB on future recordings.

So far - you have been doing a great job on the book. I like your voices and emotions, etc., that you put into it.

M
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: October 12th, 2020, 8:56 am Chapter 5 is PL Okay now.

Chapter 6 is also PL Okay. You have a little more than 5 seconds of silence at the end so you should try to keep it to the 5 seconds for future recordings.

Interesting read - although now I am left with all the Fabii dead except for one boy and I don't know what happened to him.

And, as always it was enjoyable to listen to. :thumbs:

M
Man, I keep messing up the beginning and endings! I'll try to be more diligent on that. As for the chapter.... #cliffhanger! :lol:
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: October 14th, 2020, 5:13 pm Section 7 is PL Okay. Your volume is at the bottom of the acceptable range. You should probably increase it around 2 dB on future recordings.

So far - you have been doing a great job on the book. I like your voices and emotions, etc., that you put into it.

M

Thank you so much! I figured out how to raise the volume during recording, but it's not until like Chapter 12. Sorry! They all went through on checker, but they're on the bottom end until then. Sorry, I'm learning.

And thanks for the encouragement. I'm having a blast, though I'm new at the voices thing... I'll probably screw a bunch of them up. Again though... it's fun, so... :D
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 8 is PL Okay, and, of course, another interesting listen.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 9 has a few issues with background noise. The worst is around 10:39, but there are some other, shorter noises at 11:02, 11:16, 13:20 and 13:47, 14:28, 15:09, 16:13, and 16:34. If you could do something about at least the first, that would be grand. If you can't do an easy fix let me know and I'll mark is as PL Okay as is, even though it is not on par with your other recordings.

I must say it was another interesting story, especially the treatment of the schoolteacher and the treatment of Camillus after winning those battles. You have done another excellent job with the reading, as usual.

M
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: October 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm Chapter 9 has a few issues with background noise. The worst is around 10:39, but there are some other, shorter noises at 11:02, 11:16, 13:20 and 13:47, 14:28, 15:09, 16:13, and 16:34. If you could do something about at least the first, that would be grand. If you can't do an easy fix let me know and I'll mark is as PL Okay as is, even though it is not on par with your other recordings.

I must say it was another interesting story, especially the treatment of the schoolteacher and the treatment of Camillus after winning those battles. You have done another excellent job with the reading, as usual.

M

Oh my! I must have forgotten to remove the background noise or something during editing. I apologize. I will work on this as soon as I can. THANK YOU!

And I agree, this story is so interesting. My kids and I have great discussions on these stories!
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

Update: Still working on this project, just behind. Hoping to finish recording in January.
Mel
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Have a lovely last of the year! Stay safe.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood