SOLO Stories from the History of Rome by Mrs. Beesly-ag

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 5th, 2020, 4:00 pm

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Thank you for your patience!

Chapter 5 is back up for a spot PL on the first few moments.
Chapters 6 through 9 are up for PL.

Thanks so, so much for all your hard work and encouragement!
Mel

mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 5th, 2020, 5:11 pm

Chapter 10 is also up!
Mel

mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 6th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Please don't be overwhelmed! I just got Chapters 11 and 12 finished as well. I'm rollin. ;o)

I just realized that I hadn't been putting the length on this chapters as I post them, which I am sincerely sorry for! I can go back and do that, if needed. For now:

Chapter 11-3m 19sec
Chapter 12-18m 15 sec

Thank you SOOO much!
Mel

mleigh
Posts: 291
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 6th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Welcome back,

I was actually just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if I would hear any more from you. Glad that you are back and have loaded some more chapters as I have enjoyed your recordings. I am looking forward to listening to this bunch.

M

mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 7th, 2020, 8:12 am

mleigh wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 2:29 pm
Welcome back,

I was actually just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if I would hear any more from you. Glad that you are back and have loaded some more chapters as I have enjoyed your recordings. I am looking forward to listening to this bunch.

M
You are so encouraging! Thank you so much!
Mel

mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 7th, 2020, 11:37 am

Chapter 13 is up and ready. Woo hoo! We're almost there!

Length: 13 min. 41 sec.
Mel

mleigh
Posts: 291
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 12th, 2020, 8:56 am

Chapter 5 is PL Okay now.


Chapter 6 is also PL Okay. You have a little more than 5 seconds of silence at the end so you should try to keep it to the 5 seconds for future recordings.

Interesting read - although now I am left with all the Fabii dead except for one boy and I don't know what happened to him.


And, as always it was enjoyable to listen to. :thumbs:

M

mleigh
Posts: 291
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 14th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Section 7 is PL Okay. Your volume is at the bottom of the acceptable range. You should probably increase it around 2 dB on future recordings.

So far - you have been doing a great job on the book. I like your voices and emotions, etc., that you put into it.


M

mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 15th, 2020, 7:17 pm

mleigh wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 8:56 am
Chapter 5 is PL Okay now.


Chapter 6 is also PL Okay. You have a little more than 5 seconds of silence at the end so you should try to keep it to the 5 seconds for future recordings.

Interesting read - although now I am left with all the Fabii dead except for one boy and I don't know what happened to him.


And, as always it was enjoyable to listen to. :thumbs:

M
Man, I keep messing up the beginning and endings! I'll try to be more diligent on that. As for the chapter.... #cliffhanger! :lol:
Mel

mpetermann
Posts: 48
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Post by mpetermann » October 15th, 2020, 7:19 pm

mleigh wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 5:13 pm
Section 7 is PL Okay. Your volume is at the bottom of the acceptable range. You should probably increase it around 2 dB on future recordings.

So far - you have been doing a great job on the book. I like your voices and emotions, etc., that you put into it.


M

Thank you so much! I figured out how to raise the volume during recording, but it's not until like Chapter 12. Sorry! They all went through on checker, but they're on the bottom end until then. Sorry, I'm learning.

And thanks for the encouragement. I'm having a blast, though I'm new at the voices thing... I'll probably screw a bunch of them up. Again though... it's fun, so... :D
Mel

mleigh
Posts: 291
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 17th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Chapter 8 is PL Okay, and, of course, another interesting listen.

Thanks,

M

mleigh
Posts: 291
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » Today, 5:02 pm

Chapter 9 has a few issues with background noise. The worst is around 10:39, but there are some other, shorter noises at 11:02, 11:16, 13:20 and 13:47, 14:28, 15:09, 16:13, and 16:34. If you could do something about at least the first, that would be grand. If you can't do an easy fix let me know and I'll mark is as PL Okay as is, even though it is not on par with your other recordings.

I must say it was another interesting story, especially the treatment of the schoolteacher and the treatment of Camillus after winning those battles. You have done another excellent job with the reading, as usual.


M

Post Reply