(Complete) Forest Days by G.P.R. James - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Forest Days: A Romance of Old Times by George Payne Rainsford James (1799 - 1860).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/forest-days-a-romance-of-old-times-by-george-payne-rainsford-james/

Picture a tranquil English village, with an inn on the green. A lone patron enjoys his wine and teasing the landlord's pretty daughter, when suddenly they are rudely interrupted by a local aristocrat and his two henchmen. These same three reappear the following day to disrupt the May Day celebrations.Suddenly, a group of men in Lincoln green appear to save the day. But who are they? This is a different take on the tale of Robin Hood, placing him in the time of Henry III, rather than the more traditional reign of Richard I. James claims to have history on his side as he relates the story of an intelligent yeoman fighting against the tyrannical Henry and Simon de Montford of Leicester. Meanwhile, we follow the romance of Hugh and Lucy as they try to overcome the prejudices of her father and brother and the evil conniving of her cousin, Richard.( Lynne Thompson)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/49987
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (George Payne Rainsford James) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Payne_Rainsford_James
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 44
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
  • Original publication date (if known): 1843
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: romance, forest, robin hood, henry iii, inn, simon de montford, tyrrany

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Forest Days: A Romance of Old Times. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Forest Days: A Romance of Old Times, by G.P.R. James. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Forest Days by G.P.R. James. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Forest Days: A Romance of Old Times, by George Payne Rainsford James. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename forestdays_##_james_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. forestdays_01_james_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Lynn, I didn't see a PL for this story - I would like to to it if you need me?
Cheryl
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote: February 20th, 2020, 12:17 pm Lynn, I didn't see a PL for this story - I would like to to it if you need me?
Cheryl
Yes please! That would be great.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

1-5 are ready for PL.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 1-5 PL OK
:D
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Forgot to check notify me.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 6 is ready for PL.
At ~7.00, there is an error in the text... I read it as is... 'the fourth', whereas is should be 'the fifth'.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 6 PL OK
Oh yes, 4 of them were dressed, etc.
I love how these old stories include the care of the horses, taken for granted as an important thing in those days - when the story was written I mean, and in Robin's day.
C
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 7 is ready for PL.

I agree... but it seems in ch 7 that Lucy going missing is treated with some concern by her father. That hasn't changed :thumbs:
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 7 Pl OK
:thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 8 is ready for PL.

1843 discourse on climate change...
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 8 PL OK
:D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 9 is ready for PL.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 9 pl ok
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 10 is ready for your enjoyment 8-)