[COMPLETE] Treachery in Outer Space by Carey Rockwell-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:46 pm Chapter 11 will be here soon. I'm going to listen to it with fresh ears in the morning. If I don't find anything too horrible I'll u/l then.
Sure!
I'll be on vacation next week, but will have my headphones with me for some pleasure listening in the evening. and this is in that category. Supposedly we'll have wifi at the campground, but who knows?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

silverquill wrote: June 20th, 2020, 10:29 pm I'll be on vacation next week, but will have my headphones with me for some pleasure listening in the evening. and this is in that category. Supposedly we'll have wifi at the campground, but who knows?
If you would prefer looking at a campfire to PLing you should absolutely do that! Enjoy - there aren't many things more relaxing than a nice fire (as long as you're not in an Extreme Fire Danger location).
Chapter 11 is ready - length is 16:25:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_11_rockwell_128kb.mp3

I found one more flub that needed replacing, so it was worth waiting and giving it one more listen.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: June 21st, 2020, 5:37 am
silverquill wrote: June 20th, 2020, 10:29 pm I'll be on vacation next week, but will have my headphones with me for some pleasure listening in the evening. and this is in that category. Supposedly we'll have wifi at the campground, but who knows?
If you would prefer looking at a campfire to PLing you should absolutely do that! Enjoy - there aren't many things more relaxing than a nice fire (as long as you're not in an Extreme Fire Danger location).
Chapter 11 is ready - length is 16:25:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_11_rockwell_128kb.mp3

I found one more flub that needed replacing, so it was worth waiting and giving it one more listen.
Agreed about campfires!
Here at our place we have them frequently, carefully contained. And it has been low rainfall lately so everything is dry and our pond is low. We'll be heading further north in New Hampshire, close to Mt. Washington. Good family times! Not the Oregon coast, but it will do. :)
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

I've never been to New Hampshire but it's always sounded like a nice place. Safe travels!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chapter 11 is PL OK

Internet was not very dependable or fast, and the campfires were such and attraction. We had birds, butterflies and bears! Very relaxing time. :D
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 12 is finally here.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_12_rockwell_128kb.mp3
length 13:46

All the characters are in place - Tom and Astro are about to get deep into trouble.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: July 5th, 2020, 7:26 pm Chapter 12 is finally here.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_12_rockwell_128kb.mp3
length 13:46

All the characters are in place - Tom and Astro are about to get deep into trouble.
PL OK!
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

sigh - an Audacity explosion. I had chapter 13 mostly edited when Audacity crashed, dragging the data folder with it. So my edits are lost. I still have my recordings for the chapter but will have to do all the editing over.

First time that's happened to me.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Glad you had your recording - is it possible audacity crashed because it was running out of resources - it is a big user - if you think about it it saves all the editing steps you make so you can undo them ?

Anne
loon

Post by loon »

annise wrote: July 24th, 2020, 3:41 am Glad you had your recording - is it possible audacity crashed because it was running out of resources - it is a big user - if you think about it it saves all the editing steps you make so you can undo them ?

Anne
Not in this case, I think - it's a pretty capable computer. With Audacity (and typically also mail + browser + word processor with my chapter) running I typically have 80% CPU idle / 70% RAM unused (yes, I bought a lot!) / 40% free space on the disk.

I usually do a save after every couple minutes. What I need to do is to also "save as..." the project every so often to bypass the corrupted project problem.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: July 24th, 2020, 3:19 am sigh - an Audacity explosion. I had chapter 13 mostly edited when Audacity crashed, dragging the data folder with it. So my edits are lost. I still have my recordings for the chapter but will have to do all the editing over.

First time that's happened to me.
Oh, my! I've never had a problem with Audacity like that, bur I recently uploaded an edited file, and it somehow amplified off the chart. Probably me, but I had to do the editing all over again. I have every file ever recording, so I never totally lose everything.

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter. :)
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 13 is almost here! I'm going to eat pizza and do one more dummy listen before I send it.

In this chapter Tom and Astro get scrootched (Gidney & Cloyd from the Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoon had a scrootch gun that acted pretty much like the paralo-ray gun. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gidney_%26_Cloyd )
loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 13 is here.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_13_rockwell_128kb.mp3
Length is 16:03 and a smidge.

A highlight of the chapter is "misty whirling methane ammonia of death" - they just don't write 'em like that anymore.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: July 27th, 2020, 6:31 pm Chapter 13 is here.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_13_rockwell_128kb.mp3
Length is 16:03 and a smidge.

A highlight of the chapter is "misty whirling methane ammonia of death" - they just don't write 'em like that anymore.
Frozen!

PL OK
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

At last, chapter 14:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treacheryouterspace_14_rockwell_128kb.mp3
15:56

No space cadets appear in this chapter - Tom and Astro are still immobilized and underground, while Roger is at "the hideout" - apparently against his will. Tom and Astro will get thawed out in chapter 15, but we won't hear from Roger for a while longer.