[COMPLETE] CAPTAIN SCOTT'S LAST EXPEDITION - JOURNAL (1913) - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

You should still be able to "open" the MW for editing. Make sure that you are logging in with the correct username and password. Try logging out and then back into LV. I can of course add the information. Do you want the "finding of the dead" added to the title of section 43 or would you prefer adding a section 44 with that title?
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

I did try logging out and in again, not sure what I was doing wrong. I shall try again but if you could add another section 44 'the finding of the dead' that would be great. Thanks. Hoping to start the reading/editing next week....
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Try logging in via the page at the url below. You are a BC so click on that link.

https://librivox.org/workflow

We can try always using the "forgot my password" approach if it doesn't work.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Thanks Craig and thanks for adding the final section.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Have started my reading/editing polar journey and have sorted out my BC login problem with a new password, expect my first two sections to be uploaded for PL next week. Thanks! Steve
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

SteveGough wrote: February 21st, 2020, 2:41 am Have started my reading/editing polar journey and have sorted out my BC login problem with a new password, expect my first two sections to be uploaded for PL next week. Thanks! Steve
:clap:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

0-1 PL OK.

Wow! Pretty exciting narrative.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Thanks so much! Yes, it's proving to be quite an emotional read and I've been exploring biographies of Scott which is adding to the experience and hopefully will help on the performance side as it unfolds...
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

The next section, Chapter 1 part two. The sea voyage continues, less dramatic incident here and more on the scientific side of the expedition...
https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/journalsofrobertfalconscottvol1_02_scott_128kb.mp3
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK.

The concern for the animals is touching.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Yes, his worry about the horses and later the dogs is a leitmotif through the whole polar journey. And there are some experts who say he never should have taken the horses and this was one reason for his so-called 'failure'.... I should have section three uploaded by early next week.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Here is Section Three, Scott and his crew navigating the maze of seemingly impenetrable pack ice..... A bit of a trek for me too as I had some technical issues with my recording kit along the way, but I got there in the end. NB I attempted to record a table of depth soundings and temperatures which Scott includes in this part of the chapter but it proved so obscure on audio that I have cut it out completely, I hope you agree with this decision. Thanks Steve
https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/journalsofrobertfalconscottvol1_03_scott_128kb.mp3
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

3 PL OK.

Tables are optional. At the reader's discretion. Don't forget to add the url links and times to the MW.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Thanks Craig - yes I had forgotten that was what I needed to do, I am busy over the next few days but will get to this by weekend.