(Complete) THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER by James Hogg (1770 - 1835).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-private-memoirs-and-confessions-of-a-justified-sinner-by-james-hogg/

The author calls this a religious parable and it is called an allegory in the book itself. A young, 18th century Scottish boy is converted to strict Calvinist theology, strives for assurance of his salvation as an elect person, eventually confirmed for him by his hyper-strict, hyper-fundamentalist pastor and mentor. Assured that no sin can affect his salvation and election, under the influence of a strange, manipulative, controlling presence (whom we come to recognize as Satan. ( Dean McIntyre)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2276/2276-h/2276-h.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (James Hogg) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hogg
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Private_Memoirs_and_Confessions_of_a_Justified_Sinner
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have:
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
  • Original publication date (if known): 1824
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Claude Stewart Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER, by James Hogg. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER by James Hogg. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER, by James Hogg. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename theprivatememoirsandconfessionsofajustifiedsinner_##_hogg_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. theprivatememoirsandconfessionsofajustifiedsinner_01_hogg_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: James Hogg
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: THE PRIVATE MEMOIRS AND CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SINNER

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There's a group project running for this work, but I assume you want to solo it anyway. :)

We'll need the number of sections/files to set up the project. A ballpark is fine; it can be adjusted later. The group project has 17, if you want to divide it similarly: viewtopic.php?t=74930
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

I thought I read it had been abandoned?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think the original book coordinator disappeared, but the group project is still moving forward. :)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Okay, but how do I edit the launch window to include sections?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Just post the number you want, and we'll set up the magic window with that number of sections. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You still with us? :) I'll set this up once I know how many sections to put in.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hi Tricia,
Yes still interested. Since the original is 17 sections, let’s start there. Can adjust if need be, I suppose. Can you please create a magic window and assign all sections to me. Thank you
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm full up on MC projects right now. I've moved this to the Launch Pad; another MC should be along and set this up for you. :)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Thanks Tricia!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I can set this up.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Magic Window is ready. Do you need to advertise for a DPL or do you have one lined up?

Let me know if you have questions.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Thanks Lynnet! I do not have a DPL
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cstew64 wrote: February 19th, 2020, 5:17 pm Thanks Lynnet! I do not have a DPL
OK, we'll add a tilde o the title and, if one doesn't show up by the time you have 3 or 4 sections recorded, we can advertise in Listeners Wanted.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Hi Claude and Lynn. I would like to PL this please.
Cheryls