COMPLETE - A Primary Reader - by E. LOUISE SMYTHE - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Little Peanut :)

PL Note for Chapter 4:

Your reading is superb in this chapter. There is just one area that would benefit from some technical editing. The last portion, from 3:14 on, is suddenly very much quieter - enough to need to turn up my headphones. Some amplification effect on that stretch to raise its volume will be helpful.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

I increased the volume in that section. Hopefully it is more even now. Thank you.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Perfect :)

Ch. 4 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Chapter 5 has been uploaded.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Another excellent reading, Little Peanut. - And I had never heard this one before.

Chapter 5 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Chapter 6 is uploaded. There were lots of volume fluctuation in this recording - I tried evening things out, but let me know if there is anything else that needs fixing!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SweetHome wrote: March 4th, 2020, 11:02 am Chapter 6 is uploaded. There were lots of volume fluctuation in this recording - I tried evening things out, but let me know if there is anything else that needs fixing!
Hi - Let's call this PL OK :thumbs:

There were three short spots where it is rather low, but I think additional volume editing would make her voice all funky. You can still hear it, so it's not a problem.

Actually, I wanted to ask if we could also put this chapter as a selection in the Myth and Legends Around the World collection project? We don't have any Norse representation there yet, and this would be fun in view of all the popular hero movies out during the last decade or so. (But I also understand if you're wanting to keep your daughter's work to itself.)
~Lynette * -
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Little Peanut has posted things in collaborative books, so that would be fine. I don't think she would want to re-record it, but if the same recording can be used (with amended intro/ending), I can post it over in the Myths and Legions Collection. :)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SweetHome wrote: March 5th, 2020, 2:48 pm Little Peanut has posted things in collaborative books, so that would be fine. I don't think she would want to re-record it, but if the same recording can be used (with amended intro/ending), I can post it over in the Myths and Legions Collection. :)
Super :) (Yes, I did mean reusing the same chapter recording with fixed intro)
~Lynette * -
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sorry, LittlePeanut will have to rerecord the chapter if you want to use it in another project.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh.

Purely out of curiosity - Why would someone not be allowed to record proper intro/outros and re-use a chapter?

One good use would be such as this - a myth from this reader shared in a collection of world myths; another would be somebody read a section for a First-Chapters collection, and then wanted to read the entire book.

And also, if it's public domain and anyone in the world can do anything they want with it, including making profits off other people's work, why couldn't such examples as these be done?

(zero argumentation here - just a little confused and curious) :)
~Lynette * -
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

It was a policy that developed in the early days of LV, before I was here, and people were trying to boost their section counts. Some people would post a recording in one project, then post it in another project, like a collection. So, the policy was used to discourage this. I had one person give up her section in order to use that recording in a collection, it was historically important and she wanted that section searchable by itself instead of part a group project. If someone wanted to do what you suggest, read a section for three different projects, that is fine, but that section must be read three different times. I have a feeling that some people would not want to do that, just because it is a lot of work just for one section.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for explaining. I find LibriVox history/development rather interesting.
~Lynette * -
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

We are still committed to finishing this book, it is just that there are less opportunities to record right now. Sorry for the delay.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Understandable! Quarantine time means more noise in-home!! Hope you're all keeping well.
~Lynette * -