[SOLO]兒女英雄傳 The Story of Hero Boys and Hero Girls by Wen-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:43 am Yuqing,

Yeah, the hint IIIIS obvious -- making me feel kind of resistant! I can only say that "it was what it was" in these times! But, perhaps it wouldn't turn out that way in the story?!

Tina
Oops, I just recalled a bit of the ending that I checked out right after I agreed to DPL the book...

Better not to spoil it all for you :lol:

Anyways, I'm ready for more adventure with our heroes any time!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, Yuqing,

I've just updated Section 20 at https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/modernmechanism_20_williams_128kb.mp3 (48:25) for your review.

Also, I made the following corrections during reading due to obvious misprints:

28:28 掩住白 - I read 掩住口
36:25 褚太娘子 - I read 褚大娘子

Thank you.

Tina
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 1:21 pm Hello, Yuqing,

I've just updated Section 20 at https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/modernmechanism_20_williams_128kb.mp3 (48:25) for your review.

Thank you.

Tina
Thank you for the extra notes!

Could you check if you posted the right link here, though? Looks like the recording is for another project to me :oops:
Cheers,
tding

Post by tding »

YuqingJune wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:16 am
tding wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 1:21 pm Hello, Yuqing,

Thank you.

Tina
Thank you for the extra notes!

Could you check if you posted the right link here, though? Looks like the recording is for another project to me :oops:
Yuqing,

My sincere apology. I've got the right file uploaded just now. Thanks.

Tina
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:23 am Yuqing,

My sincere apology. I've got the right file uploaded just now. Thanks.

Tina
No worries! It happens all the time :lol:

Looks like I have some really busy days ahead, but I'll make sure to update you as early as possible!

So yes, feel free to prepare the next one or two sections and I might need to review them in one go :oops:
Cheers,
tding

Post by tding »

Yuqing,

Take care. Don't work too hard! The story's not going anywhere! Let's enjoy the sunny days.

Tina
tding

Post by tding »

By the way, Yuqing,

I somehow felt that the standard opening I've been using seems to sound quieter than the actual section. I am not sure what happened with ReplayGain I usually run before exporting. I haven't gone back to see what other sections sound like. Anyway, I made some adjustment to Section 20. I don't want to arbitrarily upload now. Could you give me some feedback when you work on this section? Any such impression from prior ones that you recall? Please do not hesitate to let me know when you detect anything of this sort.

At the end of the project, if needed, I can still attempt some adjustment if needed. Thanks.

Tina
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: June 24th, 2021, 2:20 pm By the way, Yuqing,

I somehow felt that the standard opening I've been using seems to sound quieter than the actual section. I am not sure what happened with ReplayGain I usually run before exporting. I haven't gone back to see what other sections sound like. Anyway, I made some adjustment to Section 20. I don't want to arbitrarily upload now. Could you give me some feedback when you work on this section? Any such impression from prior ones that you recall? Please do not hesitate to let me know when you detect anything of this sort.

At the end of the project, if needed, I can still attempt some adjustment if needed. Thanks.

Tina
Alright, thanks! I'll get back to you when I can :thumbs:
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Hi! Section 20 is now PL OK.

There is a somewhat perceptible difference in volume between the intro and the rest of the recording, but I don't find it troubling at all!

I think increasing the volume for the intro in the subsequent sections will do.

Thanks for taking extra care of the details!
Cheers,
tding

Post by tding »

YuqingJune wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 12:28 am Hi! Section 20 is now PL OK.

There is a somewhat perceptible difference in volume between the intro and the rest of the recording, but I don't find it troubling at all!

I think increasing the volume for the intro in the subsequent sections will do.

Thanks for taking extra care of the details!
Thank you much, Yuqing.

Tina
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, Yuqing,

Hope all's well with you. I've uploaded Section 21 for your PL -- https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_21_wen_128kb.mp3 (61:07). Enjoy!

Tina Ding
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

tding wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:24 am Hello, Yuqing,

Hope all's well with you. I've uploaded Section 21 for your PL -- https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_21_wen_128kb.mp3 (61:07). Enjoy!

Tina Ding
Great! Let me get back to you as soon as I can.
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

YuqingJune wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 5:12 pm

Tina Ding
Section 21 is PL OK. Thanks for the spotless work!

I didn't expect such a tirade on vegetarianism; as suggested by the author himself, let's see how he would make use of that!

But then again, we can probably give intelligent guesses now. Some things have just become too apparent to disregard, no?
Cheers,
tding

Post by tding »

YuqingJune wrote: August 5th, 2021, 10:23 pm
YuqingJune wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 5:12 pm

Tina Ding
Section 21 is PL OK. Thanks for the spotless work!

I didn't expect such a tirade on vegetarianism; as suggested by the author himself, let's see how he would make use of that!

But then again, we can probably give intelligent guesses now. Some things have just become too apparent to disregard, no?
吃個白粥吃上一年,那得多有毅力啊!

Thank you, Yuqing, for the compliment. I guess it's 熟能生巧吧!

Tina
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, Yuqing,

How's it going? I've uploaded Section 22 for your PL -- https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_22_wen_128kb.mp3 (59:20). I'm glad that I'm still able to keep the steady pace. Ironically, it's a side benefit of the pandemic which bound me home!

Take care.

Tina Ding