COMPLETE [SOLO] Revelation, Young's Literal Translation - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

Revelation, Young's Literal Translation by Young's Literal Translation ( - ).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/revelation_ylt/
An English translation that holds as closely as was possible to the original languages and idioms. (KevinS) ( KevinS)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n774
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Revelation, Young's Literal Translation. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Revelation, Young's Literal Translation, by Young's Literal Translation. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Revelation, Young's Literal Translation by Young's Literal Translation. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Revelation, Young's Literal Translation, by Young's Literal Translation. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename revelation_##_ylt_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

If you wish, I will serve as the DPL. (Don't feel obligated; you may have someone else in mind, which is perfectly fine.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I will add here that once you are picked up by an MC, you will get access to the MW and you can choose then if you really want the full 22 sections. When I gave instructions earlier, I should have said you would want 22 sections if you wanted to record each chapter as a section. That's always a option, but you could do as you please and record chapters 1 through 3 as a section, for instance. or chapters 1 through 5 or whatever. It's your project, so you are free to do as you wish.
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

KevinS wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:02 pm If you wish, I will serve as the DPL. (Don't feel obligated; you may have someone else in mind, which is perfectly fine.)
I would appreciate it! Especially since the YLT NT was your prompt, I think it’d be great for you to be able to ensure consistency of quality. Thanks, Kevin!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

KevinS wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:08 pm I will add here that once you are picked up by an MC, you will get access to the MW and you can choose then if you really want the full 22 sections. When I gave instructions earlier, I should have said you would want 22 sections if you wanted to record each chapter as a section. That's always a option, but you could do as you please and record chapters 1 through 3 as a section, for instance. or chapters 1 through 5 or whatever. It's your project, so you are free to do as you wish.
Thank you...that’s a good point. I don’t mind recording and uploading separately, but maybe it’s better for the listener to not have to click around every few minutes if they want to listen through? 🤔 I was thinking for study/reference the 22 chapter separation would be good. I’m always open to recommendations, though!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

AlongsideMom wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:04 pm
KevinS wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:02 pm If you wish, I will serve as the DPL. (Don't feel obligated; you may have someone else in mind, which is perfectly fine.)
I would appreciate it! Especially since the YLT NT was your prompt, I think it’d be great for you to be able to ensure consistency of quality. Thanks, Kevin!
Quality! Quality?

I better put on a tie!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

AlongsideMom wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:07 pm
KevinS wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:08 pm I will add here that once you are picked up by an MC, you will get access to the MW and you can choose then if you really want the full 22 sections. When I gave instructions earlier, I should have said you would want 22 sections if you wanted to record each chapter as a section. That's always a option, but you could do as you please and record chapters 1 through 3 as a section, for instance. or chapters 1 through 5 or whatever. It's your project, so you are free to do as you wish.
Thank you...that’s a good point. I don’t mind recording and uploading separately, but maybe it’s better for the listener to not have to click around every few minutes if they want to listen through? 🤔 I was thinking for study/reference the 22 chapter separation would be good. I’m always open to recommendations, though!
You make a very good point about study. The Young translation is one that requires a certain dedication to what it offers. It's certainly different than the NT I read as a boy. That was the Good News for Modern Man translation. (I have a friend who shudders when I tell her that. Hahah! I still like it for what it attempts.)

I will find how Revelation has been treated elsewhere here and post links, just so you can see. Again, you're the boss. (Well, after your MC.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Here's a very good argument for 22 sections: https://librivox.org/revelation-king-james-version/

It is Mark's recording of the YLT OT that we are trying to complement. His KJV treats each chapter separately.
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

KevinS wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:20 pm Here's a very good argument for 22 sections: https://librivox.org/revelation-king-james-version/

It is Mark's recording of the YLT OT that we are trying to complement. His KJV treats each chapter separately.
Thank you for looking into this! I agree about YLT; our SS teacher always references and quotes it and it makes for a very rich study!
I will leave it at 22 sections 👍
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Brooke,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up and be back with some further instructions.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, Your MW is set up.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

[Lot of people use the same password for the forum and the magic windows. That makes it easy to remember. Just remember, the systems are not linked, so if you change your password on one side, it will not automatically change for the other system.]

Next, you'll need to start entering section (or chapter) titles. I've entered the first couple to get you started.

Then you are ready to start recording. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. Link from the uploader goes in the "listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. Then be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo.

MaryAnn
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 17th, 2019, 9:18 am OK, Your MW is set up.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

[Lot of people use the same password for the forum and the magic windows. That makes it easy to remember. Just remember, the systems are not linked, so if you change your password on one side, it will not automatically change for the other system.]

Next, you'll need to start entering section (or chapter) titles. I've entered the first couple to get you started.

Then you are ready to start recording. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. Link from the uploader goes in the "listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. Then be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo.

MaryAnn
Thank you so much!! This is my first solo and I appreciate all this information...I am learning and so glad to have such kind help. :clap:
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to begin recording here! :oops: January was a very busy month for me...

Here is chapter 1, 3m48s -

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/revelation_01_ylt_128kb.mp3

One request for the MC... could we change the wording of the intro and end of book wording to "...Young's Literal Translation, by Robert Young" instead of "...Young's Literal Translation, by Young's Literal Translation" ? It just sounded odd when I first tried it with the repeated phrase. I recorded it the prior way, and wanted to make sure that was OK before I did more. :)

Also, since I am the BC, do I not need to post a message with download link? I just upload and then add to MW for the PL? :hmm: Thanks!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

So, I clicked on BC admin below the MW, and it is saying I don't have permission... This is where I need to log in to change the MW, yes? :help:
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

AlongsideMom wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:50 pm So, I clicked on BC admin below the MW, and it is saying I don't have permission... This is where I need to log in to change the MW, yes? :help:
I have forgotten if this is your first BC project. If so, you may need to create a new password. I'll try to find a link where that is described.