[COMPLETE]The Gospel of Mark, Young's Lit. Translation - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 9th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Scriptures: Mark by Robert Young (1822 - 1888).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mark-youngs-literal-translation/
An English translation that holds as closely as was possible to the original languages and idioms. (KevinS)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n631
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [numbers] of Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Scriptures: Mark. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Scriptures: Mark, by Robert Young. [Chapters]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Scriptures: Mark by Robert Young. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapters]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Scriptures: Mark, by Robert Young. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename mark_##_ylt_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mark_01_ylt_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by KevinS on December 10th, 2019, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 9th, 2019, 4:09 pm

The first of what I hope will be a kind of group project. I'm doing Mark on my own, but there are three other Gospels and a number of other books which can be handled as others see fit. This translation of the Protestant Old Testament as been completed. The hope is to now complete the New Testament.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 9th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Section 1: Chapters 1 through 5
Section 2: Chapters 6 through 10
Section 3: Chapters 11 through 16

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 9th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Be glad to PL for you.

I thought these had all been done though.
Maybe not.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 10th, 2019, 3:19 am

silverquill wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 9:40 pm
Be glad to PL for you.

I thought these had all been done though.
Maybe not.
Thank you!

No, only the OT. Mark, who recorded those books, asked that someone take on the NT as he is to be a father soon and will be changing diapers and singing lullabies.

lotoki126

Post by lotoki126 » December 10th, 2019, 9:22 am

Hi Kevin,

Is there any recording left on this project? I think this would be a good one for me to start (if you still need help). Please let me know what you think.

Janice

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 10th, 2019, 9:52 am

lotoki126 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 9:22 am
Hi Kevin,

Is there any recording left on this project? I think this would be a good one for me to start (if you still need help). Please let me know what you think.

Janice
I plan on doing this as a solo, but will soon open another project for the Gospel of Luke (or another of your choice) as a group project. I'd love for you to take part in this new book.

In the meantime, may I recommend that you find another project so as to 'get your feet wet.' (To be truthful, I have a felling you are already an accomplished 'recorder.' Still, it will help to get to know firsthand our practices.)

lotoki126

Post by lotoki126 » December 10th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Sounds good, Kevin. I've actually signed on to do work on a Booker T. Washington book which I am thrilled about!

Janice

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 10th, 2019, 2:56 pm

lotoki126 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 2:38 pm
Sounds good, Kevin. I've actually signed on to do work on a Booker T. Washington book which I am thrilled about!

Janice
Oh, good for you! (I think I did a chapter for that project.)

lomond

Post by lomond » December 10th, 2019, 11:16 pm

KevinS wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 3:19 am

No, only the OT. Mark, who recorded those books, asked that someone take on the NT as he is to be a father soon and will be changing diapers and singing lullabies.
Greetings -

I DPLed some of the OT books for Mark and enjoyed working with him. I will volunteer to DPL any of the NT books silverquill doesn't take.

Lomond

silverquill

Post by silverquill » December 10th, 2019, 11:31 pm

lomond wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:16 pm
KevinS wrote:

Greetings -

I DPLed some of the OT books for Mark and enjoyed working with him. I will volunteer to DPL any of the NT books silverquill doesn't take.

Lomond
Hey, I'd be glad to defer PL to you, Lomond!

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 11th, 2019, 5:08 am

lomond wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:16 pm
KevinS wrote:

Greetings -

Lomond
Thank you. Much appreciated!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 11th, 2019, 7:04 am

I'll MC this.

A couple notes when launching a Bible book, since it sounds like you're going to coordinate more of these:

- Author for Bible books is the translation ("Young's Literal Translation")
- Book Wikipedia article would be for the Bible book itself, in this case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark (the translation is covered under the author)

I guess that's it. :) Bible books are strange animals and get special treatment. :lol:

For the intros, if it were my project, I'd say,

"Chapters [##] of Mark. [LV disclaimer]. Mark [or, The Gospel of Mark, but it looks like the text simply uses "Mark"], Young's Literal Translation. [text]"
and for sections 2-3,
"Chapters [##] of Mark, Young's Literal Translation. This LV recording ..."

And the final outro, "End of Mark, Young's Literal Translation"
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 11th, 2019, 8:00 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 7:04 am
I'll MC this.

A couple notes when launching a Bible book, since it sounds like you're going to coordinate more of these:

- Author for Bible books is the translation ("Young's Literal Translation")
- Book Wikipedia article would be for the Bible book itself, in this case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark (the translation is covered under the author)

I guess that's it. :) Bible books are strange animals and get special treatment. :lol:

For the intros, if it were my project, I'd say,

"Chapters [##] of Mark. [LV disclaimer]. Mark [or, The Gospel of Mark, but it looks like the text simply uses "Mark"], Young's Literal Translation. [text]"
and for sections 2-3,
"Chapters [##] of Mark, Young's Literal Translation. This LV recording ..."

And the final outro, "End of Mark, Young's Literal Translation"
Thank you! I will use your suggested script.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 11th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Section 1 uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mark_01_ylt_128kb.mp3

25:42

Hot tea administered for each chapter. I may be getting better.