[COMPLETE] Exit Betty by Grace Livingston Hill - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Jbholland77 wrote: April 25th, 2020, 8:15 am I'm so sorry this chapter has taken awhile. Things have been a little crazy, but I will be finished in a few days. Thanks!!
Awesome. Hope everything's ok!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Yes, everything is fine. Thank you! We have just moved around somethings including the computer. I'm a little afraid that the sound quality is not as good in the new room that we switched the computer to. I will gladly re-do it if I need to. Thanks again!
lymiewithpurpose

I think the sound quality is just fine!

Only note I have is that the volume is a tad low at 85.8 dbs
Campbell
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 1st, 2020, 11:01 am I think the sound quality is just fine!

Oh my! I completely forgot to run the sound check. It should be good now. :)
lymiewithpurpose

Jbholland77 wrote: May 5th, 2020, 11:58 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 1st, 2020, 11:01 am I think the sound quality is just fine!

Oh my! I completely forgot to run the sound check. It should be good now. :)
And it is! Nice work.
Campbell
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Chapter 12 submitted :)
lymiewithpurpose

PL OK!
Campbell
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Chapter 13 uploaded. Thanks!!
lymiewithpurpose

Jbholland77 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 2:47 pm Chapter 13 uploaded. Thanks!!
Can't wait to listen. Heads up, it may take me a few days. I have a medical procedure today and some other stuff coming up, but I am well aware of this and will listen within the week.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

I got through it and had a few notes.

4:37, 5:29, 8:24, 13:24, 18:23, 23:43 - sentence here seems much louder than those around it

I also wanted to mention that overall the volume was very quiet. However, it registered correctly because you had sibilance that caused a lot of spikes. I have definitely noticed sibilance in past recordings, but nothing that has quite affected the volume like this has. I know Audacity has a de-esser program you can download that can take away some of the spikes so you could make it more consistent.

We're getting close!
Campbell
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Thanks! I will work on fixing these issues. Also, I will try to figure out how to use the de-esser feature. I hope your procedure went well!!
lymiewithpurpose

Jbholland77 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 8:59 am Thanks! I will work on fixing these issues. Also, I will try to figure out how to use the de-esser feature. I hope your procedure went well!!
Thanks, it went fairly well (it was minor though). Just glad it's over.
Campbell
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Hi Campbell, I fixed the spots where the areas were too loud. Hopefully, all is ok with that now. I tried again and again to download the de-esser plug-in into Audacity and I just can't figure out how to do it. I've even watched youtube videos to try to figure it out. If the sibilance is too bad, I can just re-record Chapter 13 and try to put the mic a little lower down from my mouth. Just let me know what you would like for me to do. I'm good either way. Thanks so much!!
lymiewithpurpose

Jbholland77 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:26 am Hi Campbell, I fixed the spots where the areas were too loud. Hopefully, all is ok with that now. I tried again and again to download the de-esser plug-in into Audacity and I just can't figure out how to do it. I've even watched youtube videos to try to figure it out. If the sibilance is too bad, I can just re-record Chapter 13 and try to put the mic a little lower down from my mouth. Just let me know what you would like for me to do. I'm good either way. Thanks so much!!
The volume spots are much better now, so I'll mark it OK!

That's bizarre about the de-esser. Sometimes technology seems to have a mind of its own. I wish the de-esser was automatically installed in Audacity. Personally, I don't mind the sibilance. That being said, everybody has things that they mind and don't mind, and other people may see it differently. Personally, I wouldn't want you to have to redo anything. Maybe you can just move the mic down in the future?
Campbell
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Chapter 14 submitted... finally!