Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

quoth wrote: January 4th, 2021, 11:23 am
Jmbau13 wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 10:45 pm Here is Section 27, 13.25s

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_27_bird_128kb.mp3
Which comes after S26 *rather than 16 :lol: *
Hah! Even the proof listener needs to be proofed :oops:

I retroactively fixed the comment to have section 26 to avoid confusion in the future.

Section 27 is PL OK.
That was fast. Thank you. I only noticed the 16 when I was scanning my reply to you.

I'll move on to the next, which is about the Leper colony ;-( but thankfully short. Leprosy sounds quite hideous.

Question: I'm not quite sure whether to add this chapter to the previous letter (27), which would keep the section number and letter number the same. To do that, I would insert it where the 'end of section' in letter 27 is now, and then ask you to proof from where that begins (I'll tell you where) to the end. Would you be OK with that?
I was going to have it as a separate chapter, but it doesn't seem worthwhile, since it's quite short plus it would then throw the numbers out. (Don't focus on the chapter numbers from 27 on in the MW right now, as I haven't quite decided which way to go.
regards
Jane Bennett
quoth

Post by quoth »

Jmbau13 wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:20 pm Question: I'm not quite sure whether to add this chapter to the previous letter (27), which would keep the section number and letter number the same. To do that, I would insert it where the 'end of section' in letter 27 is now, and then ask you to proof from where that begins (I'll tell you where) to the end. Would you be OK with that?
I was going to have it as a separate chapter, but it doesn't seem worthwhile, since it's quite short plus it would then throw the numbers out. (Don't focus on the chapter numbers from 27 on in the MW right now, as I haven't quite decided which way to go.
That would be fine by me (and sounds like a reasonable way to avoid throwing off the section numbering).
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

quoth wrote: January 6th, 2021, 12:31 pm
Jmbau13 wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:20 pm Question: I'm not quite sure whether to add this chapter to the previous letter (27), which would keep the section number and letter number the same. To do that, I would insert it where the 'end of section' in letter 27 is now, and then ask you to proof from where that begins (I'll tell you where) to the end. Would you be OK with that?
That would be fine by me (and sounds like a reasonable way to avoid throwing off the section numbering).
That's what I've done. I have thus uploaded the revised section /letter 27 incorporating the chapter about Molokai.
I have touched nothing before 13.15, after the ILB at the end of the letter. Moved End of Section to end of file.
It is now quite a bit longer, at 35.34s. Hard reading about the lepers and the effect of leprosy. Reminded me of the so many dreadful diseases people have been able to find cures for.
regards
Jane Bennett
quoth

Post by quoth »

Jmbau13 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 9:49 pm That's what I've done. I have thus uploaded the revised section /letter 27 incorporating the chapter about Molokai.
I have touched nothing before 13.15, after the ILB at the end of the letter. Moved End of Section to end of file.
It is now quite a bit longer, at 35.34s. Hard reading about the lepers and the effect of leprosy. Reminded me of the so many dreadful diseases people have been able to find cures for.
I agree, it was hard to hear about all of their suffering and sacrifice. Thank goodness for modern medicine and vaccines that have saved us from having to experience this firsthand.

I noticed one issue.

17:12 The woe of those (this part is skipped: who were taken, the dismal wailings of those who were left, and the agonised) partings, when friends...
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

quoth wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:14 am ...
I noticed one issue.

17:12 The woe of those (this part is skipped: who were taken, the dismal wailings of those who were left, and the agonised) partings, when friends...
Thanks for spotting this! Fixed and reuploaded, with length adjusted to 35m40
regards
Jane Bennett
quoth

Post by quoth »

Jmbau13 wrote: February 14th, 2021, 12:43 am
quoth wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:14 am ...
I noticed one issue.

Thanks for spotting this! Fixed and reuploaded, with length adjusted to 35m40
Section 27 PL OK :)
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

A very short one this time, as she finds a way to get closer to her beloved volcanoes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_28_bird_128kb.mp3

Brr - sooner her than me, she was a stout hearted explorer, was Isabel!
And only a few more to go. I probably won't be able to do much in the next couple of weeks as I'm going on holiday down to Tasmania (we can finally travel a bit at last!) but then I'll work on finishing this book off. I've let it lag quite a bit with one thing and another.
regards
Jane Bennett
quoth

Post by quoth »

Jmbau13 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 8:54 pm A very short one this time, as she finds a way to get closer to her beloved volcanoes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_28_bird_128kb.mp3

Brr - sooner her than me, she was a stout hearted explorer, was Isabel!
And only a few more to go. I probably won't be able to do much in the next couple of weeks as I'm going on holiday down to Tasmania (we can finally travel a bit at last!) but then I'll work on finishing this book off. I've let it lag quite a bit with one thing and another.
You weren't kidding! This one was nice and short. I noticed one issue.

1:39 - "...and the time for making preparations is so short" (repeated)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

How is this project coming along?
quoth

Post by quoth »

Lynnet wrote: May 21st, 2021, 8:30 am How is this project coming along?
Slowly but surely. I believe Jane's on holiday right now.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Any progress?
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Hi both,
I have been meaning to update you, so apologies for this much belated reply.
I have not abandoned my project.
I was overtaken in the last couple of months by events totally beyond my control, which obliterated everything else. I was on holiday for a couple of weeks, but on return in early May, my 103yo father became very ill and went into and out of hospital a couple of times, while we went in and out of Covid lockdown. We then had to find him aged care accommodation eventually, and I simply have had no time let alone energy for anything else in the last number of weeks.
I am, I hope beginning to emerge from the difficulties of his settling period, and catching up on everything that had to wait while the urgent stuff was done.
I will certainly return to this project, I hope in the next couple of weeks. Apologies for the long silence.
regards
Jane Bennett
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Jmbau13 wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm Hi both,
I was overtaken in the last couple of months by events totally beyond my control, which obliterated everything else. I was on holiday for a couple of weeks, but on return in early May, my 103yo father became very ill and went into and out of hospital a couple of times, while we went in and out of Covid lockdown. We then had to find him aged care accommodation eventually, and I simply have had no time let alone energy for anything else in the last number of weeks.
I am, I hope beginning to emerge from the difficulties of his settling period, and catching up on everything that had to wait while the urgent stuff was done.
I will certainly return to this project, I hope in the next couple of weeks. Apologies for the long silence.
Sometimes life just gets in the way.
It would be nice to get this in the catalog :wink:
quoth

Post by quoth »

Jmbau13 wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm Hi both,
Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope he's doing alright and settling into the aged care facility. That sounds like a lot to deal with.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

quoth wrote: July 20th, 2021, 11:54 am Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope he's doing alright and settling into the aged care facility. That sounds like a lot to deal with.
Thanks, it was all consuming for a while. Gradually settling a bit now, though still lots of work involved selling house, getting to grips with his affairs, etc.
regards
Jane Bennett