[Complete] The Hawaiian Archipelago by Isabella L. Bird - Lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
quoth

Post by quoth »

Section 2 - the repeat at 23:23 of "as aerial and delicate" is still there.

Section 5 - PL OK
Section 6 - PL OK

One note: Previous sections have concluded with "end of section" which seemed to match the instructions which say "End of [Section]". However, sections 5 and 6 say "end of section [number]". I'm not sure what the instructions intend because elsewhere they state "Section [number]".

To maintain consistency, which is preferred?

A. End of section
B. End of section [number]
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

quoth wrote: December 21st, 2019, 1:14 pm Section 2 - the repeat at 23:23 of "as aerial and delicate" is still there.

Section 5 - PL OK
Section 6 - PL OK

One note: Previous sections have concluded with "end of section" which seemed to match the instructions which say "End of [Section]". However, sections 5 and 6 say "end of section [number]". I'm not sure what the instructions intend because elsewhere they state "Section [number]".

A. End of section
As it’s jane’s project, she gets to choose what she says. Either is acceptable, and it’s her choice whether to be consistent or not. As a soloist, she has a lot of power :lol:
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Lynnet wrote: December 21st, 2019, 3:33 pm
quoth wrote: December 21st, 2019, 1:14 pm Section 2 - the repeat at 23:23 of "as aerial and delicate" is still there.

Section 5 - PL OK
Section 6 - PL OK

A. End of section
As it’s jane’s project, she gets to choose what she says. Either is acceptable, and it’s her choice whether to be consistent or not. As a soloist, she has a lot of power :lol:
OOh, the power may go to my head :lol:
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Section 5 - PL OK
Section 6 - PL OK

A. End of section
Don't know what happened with 2 - it's possible that I might have uploaded it but to the wrong person (I've been known to do that before, alas). Anyway, I just double checked everything and def uploaded to Lynnet and no one else, so should be good now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Re. A or B, well spotted. I'll go with A for simplicity, but I won't worry about the 2 where I didn't.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Check the file length when you download it matches the updated one in the MW - if you don't see a xx. 32s length, don't bother checking it, but do let me know.

I'm having some kind of problem which I can't solve. I've uploaded the revised one 3 times, then downloaded it again to cross-check, but it's still the old (unfixed) at the previous length.
I'll have to seek some techie advice on this one.
I've cleared caches, tried 2 different browsers... and I just can't solve it at the moment, dammit.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

(Duplicate, deleted)
Last edited by Jmbau13 on December 23rd, 2019, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards
Jane Bennett
quoth

Post by quoth »

Section 2 - PL OK

The version I downloaded was xx:32 and the fix is in :thumbs:

Thanks for the clarification on the end of section verbiage. I bow in honor of your mighty power :D
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

quoth wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 11:23 am Section 2 - PL OK

The version I downloaded was xx:32 and the fix is in :thumbs:

Thanks for the clarification on the end of section verbiage. I bow in honor of your mighty power :D
Oh interesting re. File, and glad to hear. The problem must be at my end somehow... I’ve had it happen once before, and still don’t know what it is or how to fix, but a really tight focus on the recorded file length helps.
I’ll try not to let the Power go to my head. :lol: 8-)
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

I have made a big blooper (probably why I was having issues). I've made a mistake and posted files to the wrong place (Kitty's folders not Lynnet's). Stoopid of me.

Lynnet, chapters 4-6 all have links to files in Kitty's folders - as they are marked PL OK I don't want to upload another file and risk screwing things up and introducing an error without double checking with you first.
Can you either confirm that you have the files in your folders and modify the links, or is it OK if I download the files from existing link, reupload to you as MC, and then alter the link myself? Please let me know. Sorry about the inconvenience, I'm cross with myself for the error. Too much Christmas cheer maybe?
regards
Jane Bennett
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Jmbau13 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 9:46 pm I have made a big blooper (probably why I was having issues). I've made a mistake and posted files to the wrong place (Kitty's folders not Lynnet's). Stoopid of me.

Lynnet, chapters 4-6 all have links to files in Kitty's folders - as they are marked PL OK I don't want to upload another file and risk screwing things up and introducing an error without double checking with you first.
Can you either confirm that you have the files in your folders and modify the links, or is it OK if I download the files from existing link, reupload to you as MC, and then alter the link myself? Please let me know. Sorry about the inconvenience, I'm cross with myself for the error. Too much Christmas cheer maybe?
You’re not the first to do that!
I can’t use my computer (currently on my iPad, story too long here) to check the server but...

If they are in my folder, I can fix the links.
If they are in kitty’s folder, I can move them, then change the links. Or I might ask kitty to do it... she tends to be very on top of her folder.
If you download from the links, then reupload, it should work... but each time you do a process like that, the sound quality deteriorates a bit. Also the file may be corrupted. I’ll try the other routes first.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Lynnet wrote: December 27th, 2019, 9:16 am
Jmbau13 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 9:46 pm I have made a big blooper (probably why I was having issues). I've made a mistake and posted files to the wrong place (Kitty's folders not Lynnet's). Stoopid of me.

You’re not the first to do that!
I can’t use my computer (currently on my iPad, story too long here) to check the server but...

If they are in my folder, I can fix the links.
If they are in kitty’s folder, I can move them, then change the links. Or I might ask kitty to do it... she tends to be very on top of her folder.
If you download from the links, then reupload, it should work... but each time you do a process like that, the sound quality deteriorates a bit. Also the file may be corrupted. I’ll try the other routes first.
Thanks, Lynnet.
As Kitty PM'd me in response, I've answered there and copied you in also. Basically, asked Kitty to move across 3-6 (delete any others) and I can fix the links readily in the MW once that's done.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Quoth (do you have a real name I can use? :lol: )
I have uploaded Letter 7, ready for PL.
I'm going back to putting the link here as well, as a double check I uploaded to the right BC.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_07_bird_128kb.mp3
regards
Jane Bennett
quoth

Post by quoth »

Jmbau13 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 6:42 pm Quoth (do you have a real name I can use? :lol: )
Dan :)
Jmbau13 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 6:42 pm I have uploaded Letter 7, ready for PL.
I'm going back to putting the link here as well, as a double check I uploaded to the right BC.

Section 7 - PL OK

The links all look good too :thumbs:
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Section 8, with all you ever wanted to know about sugar.
23m 38s

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_08_bird_128kb.mp3
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

quoth wrote: December 31st, 2019, 9:30 am
Jmbau13 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 6:42 pm Quoth (do you have a real name I can use? :lol: )
Dan :)
Jmbau13 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 6:42 pm I have uploaded Letter 7, ready for PL.

Section 7 - PL OK

The links all look good too :thumbs:
Thanks Dan. I see there is good reason for putting them in posts - very easy to run one's eye over them and check they went to the right MC!
regards
Jane Bennett