[INTERVIEWS] Oscar Wilde: North American Interviews, 1882-1883 - jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 17th, 2020, 6:07 am

RobMarland wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 5:05 am
And another batch for PL. Absolutely no rush on these. I only managed to record so many this past couple of weeks because I was away from home and had nothing else to do. I still have to find the originals of some of the interviews I want to record, so I expect to be working on this project until at least the autumn.
I'm glad you're not in a terrible rush. I listened to six sections yesterday and was reminded how repetitive the questions and answers are. Still enjoyable enough, however!

RobMarland
Posts: 1716
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » March 17th, 2020, 6:36 am

KevinS wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 6:07 am
I'm glad you're not in a terrible rush. I listened to six sections yesterday and was reminded how repetitive the questions and answers are. Still enjoyable enough, however!
True enough. I'm imagining that most listeners will just want to skip to the interviews that took place in their own towns. I certainly appreciate you putting up with his repetition: I suppose we now know he didn't come up with those witticisms off the cuff.

KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 17th, 2020, 6:50 am

RobMarland wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 6:36 am
KevinS wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 6:07 am
I'm glad you're not in a terrible rush. I listened to six sections yesterday and was reminded how repetitive the questions and answers are. Still enjoyable enough, however!
True enough. I'm imagining that most listeners will just want to skip to the interviews that took place in their own towns. I certainly appreciate you putting up with his repetition: I suppose we now know he didn't come up with those witticisms off the cuff.
In his defense, he must have been exhausted from the travel. There were no bullet trains or smooth roads. And he was on the defensive with most of these journalists, most of whom were reporting on crime and politics.

RobMarland
Posts: 1716
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » March 17th, 2020, 7:09 am

KevinS wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 6:50 am
In his defense, he must have been exhausted from the travel. There were no bullet trains or smooth roads. And he was on the defensive with most of these journalists, most of whom were reporting on crime and politics.
Yes, or out to make him into a laughing stock: there's one from San Francisco in particular which is clearly half-fabricated (full of Wilde fainting and his manager wafting flowers under his nose to wake him up!)




KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 11th, 2020, 3:11 pm

Sec. 58 See PL notes

Repetition at 3:11.

KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 11th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Sections 49, 51, 52, 54, 55, and 57 PL OK!

KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 11th, 2020, 4:07 pm

I see I missed Sec. 48. I'll get to it soon!

RobMarland
Posts: 1716
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » April 12th, 2020, 12:00 am

KevinS wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:11 pm
Sec. 58 See PL notes

Repetition at 3:11.
Thanks, Kevin. Here it is for spot PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wildeints_18820309_decwr_128kb.mp3

KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 15th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Sections 48, 59, 61, 62, and 63 PL OK!

Slowly but surely.

KevinS
Posts: 7565
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 18th, 2020, 1:28 pm

64. A glitch at 6:09

66. Glitch at 2:42

65, 67, and 68 PL OK!

RobMarland
Posts: 1716
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » April 19th, 2020, 2:09 am

KevinS wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 1:28 pm
64. A glitch at 6:09

66. Glitch at 2:42

65, 67, and 68 PL OK!
Thanks, Kevin!

For spot PL:
64 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wildeints_18820322_omaher_128kb.mp3
66 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wildeints_18820325_ogdher_128kb.mp3


Post Reply