[COMPLETE] The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks by Joseph Banks - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

28 PL OK!

Things are slowly opening up here. Rates among the under 30 group have crept up.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi --

Section 29 is uploaded now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_29_banks_128kb.mp3
26:09.5, 89.0 dB

Thanks for listening. :mask:

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

29 PL OK!
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Section 30 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_30_banks_128kb.mp3
20:01.0, 88.5 dB

Thinking of you both as you are in lockdown (Anne) and I hear that Chicago is going into (or has gone into?) a more restricted "lockdown" as well. Keep safe.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Arrrgggh. The MW isn't working with my reader name right now.

All sections have been assigned.

I will try again later, or another day.

GailTV
instagram
#gailtv.art
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There is something about this time of the week with Archive - I know not what. Try again later and if it doesn't work still just post the links .

Anne
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

30 PL OK.

Generally things are opening up more here. One exception is bars which to no one's surprise are turning out to be mini "hotspots." Some city blocks with a lot of restaurants will close off the street in the evening and tables are then set up in the street to provide more space for outdoor dining. While dining one can go without a mask. All rather silly but still enjoyable. And it keeps the restaurants solvent, provides needed jobs and a bit of pleasant outdoor dining.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

It's hard to remember that it is summer in Chicago, hence outdoor dining.

My granddaughter had a rooftop glamping sleep-over with friends last night your time. Glamping because there was a tent, but also easy chairs and a television for watching movies. The roof top even had a grass surface.

Thanks for listening.
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi --

Section 31 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_31_banks_128kb.mp3
11:41.3, 89.3 dB

In this Section, Banks sees the Red Hills of Fiordland and observes a "green flash", among other things.

Hope that you are keeping well and out of harm's way, Anne and David.

Cheers. Thanks for listening.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

31 PL OK.

Just back from a short hiking trip. Almost too hot though.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi David and Anne --

I have fixed Section 11, I think, and it is ready for spot PL (just the outro).

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_11_banks_128kb.mp3
23:38.3, same dB

and I have uploaded Section 32 ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_32_banks_128kb.mp3
21:41.3, 88.6 dB

I think of you both, especially when watching the evening news which is full of stories about covid in the US and Victoria. I am afraid that Victoria's situation has served as a cautionary tale that is hushing politicians and business people who are in a hurry to open up quickly; and for politicians who manage the isolation and quarantine hotels here as well.

David -- hiking sounds great even if it is too hot. I can't right now due to an injury but I'm chomping at the bit to get back out.

Take care :mask:

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

11, 32 PL OK!

Things are opening up here...slowly. Everyone's getting a tad desperate though and people sometimes act foolishly. There are almost daily stories of gatherings in which 1 person infects 10-20 who in turn infect 50-100. The home grown tomatoes, green beans, beets and soon potatoes are a dining highlight. It is a bit of normal that helps one forget the "troubles." And, yes the hiking was fun despite the heat. We tired rather quickly though, but are already planning our next hiking trip.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've noticed that we are serving as an example of how quickly things can change. But my family are all well still - and it has shown that the community needs to rethink a few things like aged care and public housing and that it is much easier for comfortable middle-class people to "work from home" and stay at home if "quarantined" but I suppose it will be quickly forgotten.
It's winter here - and our backyard doesn't get enough sun for vegetables in winter - I have too many trees (for vegetables but not for possums and birds - and weeds of course :D

Anne
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Thanks, David; and great to hear from you Anne.

The fresh summer veggies sound great. I had a good crop of silverbeet (swiss chard) but there was hale about 2 weeks ago so now it is full of necrotic damage lesions. Otherwise just plenty of flat leaf parsley; and I will have spinach by the bucket loads as soon as it warms up a bit. No possums thankfully!!! Starting to think about the seed raising that I need to do for spring and summer.

I have always found it harder to exercise on a hot day or in a hot room, but also felt that surviving it did wonders for my fitness levels. Just have to keep hydrated -- which can make for heavy packs.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi David --

Here is Section 33.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_33_banks_128kb.mp3
21:51.5, 91.6 dB

I am visiting the Marlborough Sounds at present, and this morning our bay was visited by a pod of about 10 dolphins. I come here semi-regularly and have been waiting for them to visit for a number of years. Banks would have enjoyed today -- sunny, light breeze. I am not in the save Sound as Ship Cove, but just over the hill and a bit southwest. Magic.

Thanks for listening. :mask:

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art