[COMPLETE] The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks by Joseph Banks - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

craigdav1 wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm 37 PL OK.

bugs....yum....?

Copyright here is publication year+95. Usually PD sooner that life+70. Maybe closer to life+50. New Tricks has only recently become available streaming here so it's new to us.
Moreton Bag Bugs are like wee lobsters, but different. Well, enjoy New Tricks. There are also Balmain bugs. I have a memorable meal recollection from Queensland. Lunch, from a fresh shellfish cart at a local produce market, I picked up a lot of fresh prawns for my husband, some fresh bugs for me (both cooked by the fresh seafood trailer) and added an exquisitely fresh and ripe local pineapple. Just those, nothing else but water. Eaten on the porch of our wee unit. So good. We had walked around one of the Glasshouse Mountains in the morning, and from the sublime to the ridiculous, I think we went to Steve Irwin's Zoo in the afternoon....
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Great memory.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Section 38 has been uploaded ready for PLing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_38_banks_128kb.mp3
17:40.4, 89.3 dB

I am fascinated by the descriptions of the butterflies and mudfish in this section. From the silver chrysalis it sounds like something called a common crow butterfly, but the description of the butterfly itself doesn't match, especially the "brimstone" coloured spots which I take for reddish orange?. I haven't tried to figure out the mudfish. Anne? Any local knowledge? (Yes, I understand that Oz is a large continent and Qld is pretty far from Vic., but.... AND how about those Kiwis going to all the States where they aren't welcome? Pop goes the Bubble! I wonder if they are going to be able to get home -- it's gonna be expensive paying for all that quarantining (is that a word?).....)

Keep safe all. And thanks for listening, David.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

38 PL OK.

Our adventure is nearing its end.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

craigdav1 wrote: October 20th, 2020, 7:05 am 38 PL OK.

Our adventure is nearing its end.
I have completed the MW now with all the Sections -- not having finished that task may have been misleading you about our progress.... However, many of the 1771 months are quite short in numbers of words. Probably not very interesting either, ie "Light winds and variable all day".
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Well...almost 2/3rds done!
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Here is Section 39

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_39_banks_128kb.mp3
27:03.1, 90.3 dB

There's a bit more excitement in this Month (June 1770).

And, Anne -- we are hearing about Melbourne's modest re-opening. It's been 15 weeks? I hope it all goes well. And David -- it looks like Chicago is getting tighter again with another surge in cases.

Stay safe. :mask:

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

39 PL OK!

Positivity rates have crept up here and even though we are doing better than the rest of the state and the state is doing better than the rest of the Midwest, it looks like further contact restrictions will be imposed. I feel sorry for the restaurants as indoor dining may be banned through the fall and winter.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi

Section 40 has just been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_40_banks_128kb.mp3
16:54.5, 89.4 dB

Anne -- how is it going in Melbourne? Cup Day today -- not that I follow the horses. I'm guessing it will be Cup Day but not as you know it? No crowd? Fewer Fascinators?

David -- How is it going in Chicago? That election -- all but the legal suits -- should be over soon -- wish the same were true of covid.

We are in shock to have a covid case in the community today in Christchurch, and it is a bit close to home because their close family contact attends the same high school as my grandson..... apparently low risk of affecting the school community.

Take care, both of you.

Cheers

Gail
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

40 PL OK!

I'm glad that contact tracing is still an option in NZ. Rates here are too high for it to work. If only everyone would avoid all contact with everyone else for two weeks.....
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All well - there have been no cases for a few days and restrictions have eased a bit so we were able to have 1 daughter and her partner visit on Saturday and the schools are all open again. (I choose to ignore the fact that the people being tested are only the known contacts)
We are still wearing masks which does save on lipstick :D and I still have some hope I'll see my South Australian daughter and family at Christmas.
I can't see that there will ever be no cases though all the time everywhere - after all there are still flu deaths every winter.
I suppose we did have a chance to learn something from Italy and New York. And having a smaller number of state governments has helped a bit.

Anne
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Section 41 has been uploaded for listening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_41_banks_128kb.mp3
15:35.9, 89.2 dB

Cheers

Gail :mask:
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

41 PL OK!

I find these narratives a pleasant distraction from the news headlines.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

craigdav1 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 2:23 pm 41 PL OK!

I find these narratives a pleasant distraction from the news headlines.
Yes. And do we believe Pfizer & friends or do we think that they might be over-hyping their vaccine progress? More data are needed....

I start a 3 week travelling binge on the weekend but hope to get one more section in before I leave. And, they aren't out of the Great Barrier Reef yet, so perhaps more excitement ahead.

Keep safe. :mask:
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

gailtv wrote: November 9th, 2020, 2:47 pm I start a 3 week travelling binge on the weekend but hope to get one more section in before I leave.
So jealous. We just cancelled our remaining trips for the year. Nobody wants visitors from the Midwest. Luckily we got several in earlier in the year.