[COMPLETE] The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks by Joseph Banks - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The Dutch landed both voluntarily and by shipwreck around the north coast of Western Australia and met up with "the poorest and most miserable race on earth" . They had maps of that part but it is a pretty bleak and inhostipital area - very difficult to colonise and nothing much to trade with.

Anne
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi --

Section 49 has been completed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_49_banks_128kb.mp3
5:14.9, 90 dB

A short one to finish off the month of September. The content of this one makes me SO grateful for modern refrigeration.

Anne -- thanks for your comment. We get lots of news about how it's going in Oz - I hope that you were at home (well, not in NSW) when once again your State's borders closed..... and of course I hope that you and yours are well.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

49 PL OK!
The content of this one makes me SO grateful for modern refrigeration.
Cold weather does have some pluses.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hello Again --

Section 50 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_50_banks_128kb.mp3
25:51.7, 89.4 dB

I hope all is well.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

50 PL OK!

Yesterday was a very good day. The refrigerator we ordered in September was delivered! TP isn't the only thing in short supply.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

craigdav1 wrote: January 17th, 2021, 7:01 pm Yesterday was a very good day. The refrigerator we ordered in September was delivered! TP isn't the only thing in short supply.
Yay! New fridge. I hope that the old one was working adequately while you had to wait.....

We had lemons in short supply (not the season in NZ right now) while the grocery chains awaited shipments from the Northern Hemisphere.

Here is Section 51.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_51_banks_128kb.mp3

9:49.7, 89.4 dB

Besides being thankful for refrigeration (especially you and yours right not), I am again reminded of what an advance it has been to understand the role of microbes in disease. Still, I know people who don't quite get it -- and seem to believe that if you get cold (cause), you will get a cold (effect). Well educated too, but not in biology....
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

51 PL OK!
I hope that the old one was working adequately while you had to wait.....
Sadly. no. The freezer side became a frig and the frig side became a breadbox. Not having a freezer was a challenge.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No freezer would be difficult. My 46 year old stove ceased working about 6 months ago while we were in lockdown and finding one that would fit the space and was available on line was interesting and we then had to prove we couldn't live without one before we could get it installed :D

Anne
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

annise wrote: January 18th, 2021, 5:56 pm No freezer would be difficult. My 46 year old stove ceased working about 6 months ago while we were in lockdown and finding one that would fit the space and was available on line was interesting and we then had to prove we couldn't live without one before we could get it installed :D

Anne
We've been lucky not to have any appliance breakdowns. But really, have to prove you couldn't live without a stove???? Still, Victoria has done a pretty good job against Covid. My problems with no lemons for making tabbouleh are trivial compared to no fridge or stove.
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Section 52 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_52_banks_128kb.mp3

Banks must have been pretty sick to have nothing to write for many of the days of December 1770. Hence, it is short.

4:13.7, 89.5 dB

Take care. :mask:

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

52 PL OK.

4m! Pretty sick indeed.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

back to lemons- have you ever tried freezing the juice in ice trays while the tree is laden ? I just store them in the freezer in a bag and it seems to work well.
Anne.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

annise wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 6:29 pm back to lemons- have you ever tried freezing the juice in ice trays while the tree is laden ? I just store them in the freezer in a bag and it seems to work well.
Anne.
Alas, no lemon tree. Peaches, pears, blackcurrants, red currants, gooseberries.... but no lemons. However the ice cube trick is a good idea for winter when lemons are plentiful, good and relatively cheap! Thanks
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hello -

I've been away for a few weeks but back to it now. Stewart Island for 3 weeks.

Here is Section 53:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/endeavourjournal_53_banks_128kb.mp3
22:13.00, 90.6 dB

Let me know if I missed anything.

Many thanks

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

53 PL OK!