[SOLO]Frank Merriwell at Yale - dc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 29th, 2019, 2:00 pm

DACSoft wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Hi Kevin,

Chapter 3 is PL OK!

Chapter 2 PL notes:
@ 00:44 - Missing phrase (in red): "The party came trooping in, and Frank was not a little astonished …"
KevinS wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 6:54 am
Don, no rush to PL these. I've got Chapter 3 coming today, but I'm concerned I'm not putting enough energy into the reading. (I'm a pretty low-keyed individual, unless I get angered.)

Feedback on this aspect will be greatly appreciated and I know you will be frank about it. (That's an awful pun, isn't it?)
Don't be concerned! I thought the reading was fine, with a good middle-ground between being "as dry as dust" and "over the top." :D In a couple of places it felt a little rushed, but nothing to cause one to think of re-recording anything. And Chapter 3 was also well done, IMHO.

Overall, I'm enjoying your reading very much.

Don
Thank you! I'm trying for that middle ground, in fact. I'll get Ch. 2 fixed in a jiffy.
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 30th, 2019, 3:59 pm

Chapter 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/frankmerriwellatyale_04_standish_128kb.mp3

12:36

You know, there's some baseball in this book.
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

DACSoft
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » November 3rd, 2019, 12:03 pm

Chapter 4 is PL OK! :)
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
Baseball Joe in the Central League; Left to Themselves
Next up:
Baseball Joe in the Big League; Whispering Tongues; Baseball Joe on the Giants

DACSoft
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » November 7th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Hi Kevin,

Chapter 5 is PL OK!

I overlooked this section since I didn't receive a post notification on it. :oops: Post notifications alert me that there is a section needing PL (or other correspondence about the project), and I rely on the notifications so as not to miss sections on the various projects I DPL. :)

FYI,
Don
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
Baseball Joe in the Central League; Left to Themselves
Next up:
Baseball Joe in the Big League; Whispering Tongues; Baseball Joe on the Giants

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 7th, 2019, 1:04 pm

DACSoft wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 12:37 pm
Hi Kevin,

Chapter 5 is PL OK!

I overlooked this section since I didn't receive a post notification on it. :oops: Post notifications alert me that there is a section needing PL (or other correspondence about the project), and I rely on the notifications so as not to miss sections on the various projects I DPL. :)

FYI,
Don
Of course! I apologize.

Thank you for being so good-natured about it.

On to Chap. 6
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 7th, 2019, 4:35 pm

If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

DACSoft
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » November 8th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Chapter 6 PL notes:

The volume is below range, at 77.4 dB, per the Checker application. Otherwise the recording is PL OK! :thumbs:
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
Baseball Joe in the Central League; Left to Themselves
Next up:
Baseball Joe in the Big League; Whispering Tongues; Baseball Joe on the Giants

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm

DACSoft wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Chapter 6 PL notes:

The volume is below range, at 77.4 dB, per the Checker application. Otherwise the recording is PL OK! :thumbs:
Gosh, I thought I had fixed that. I'll try again. Apologies!
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 8th, 2019, 12:27 pm

DACSoft wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Chapter 6 PL notes:

The volume is below range, at 77.4 dB, per the Checker application. Otherwise the recording is PL OK! :thumbs:
Would you mind trying again? My Checker passes the recording.
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

DACSoft
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » November 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm

KevinS wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm
DACSoft wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Chapter 6 PL notes:

The volume is below range, at 77.4 dB, per the Checker application. Otherwise the recording is PL OK! :thumbs:
Gosh, I thought I had fixed that. I'll try again. Apologies!
It looks like you did fix it. I downloaded your file shortly after your post, so wasn't aware you submitted an updated file. :oops: Lesson learned not to download a file until the time I can actually listen to it. :D

Chapter 6 is PL OK!
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
Baseball Joe in the Central League; Left to Themselves
Next up:
Baseball Joe in the Big League; Whispering Tongues; Baseball Joe on the Giants

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 8th, 2019, 12:50 pm

DACSoft wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm
KevinS wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm
DACSoft wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Chapter 6 PL notes:

The volume is below range, at 77.4 dB, per the Checker application. Otherwise the recording is PL OK! :thumbs:
Gosh, I thought I had fixed that. I'll try again. Apologies!
It looks like you did fix it. I downloaded your file shortly after your post, so wasn't aware you submitted an updated file. :oops: Lesson learned not to download a file until the time I can actually listen to it. :D

Chapter 6 is PL OK!
Egad, it's my fault. I should have annotated the repair. It was only a few minutes later when I realized, so you must have moved quickly. I really am sorry.
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

DACSoft
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » November 8th, 2019, 12:54 pm

No worries. I was as much at fault. This will be our own Mutual Apology Society. :D

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 9th, 2019, 3:09 pm

If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

DACSoft
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » November 13th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Chapter 7 is PL OK! :)
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
Baseball Joe in the Central League; Left to Themselves
Next up:
Baseball Joe in the Big League; Whispering Tongues; Baseball Joe on the Giants

KevinS
Posts: 6993
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 13th, 2019, 5:03 pm

DACSoft wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 5:01 pm
Chapter 7 is PL OK! :)
I always breathe a sign of relief when I see PL OK.
If I am not here on Saturday, May 30, 2020, it is because I do not know how to install a new modem.

Post Reply