[SOLO] A Selection from the Discourses of Epictetus with the Encheiridion by Epictetus - philc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
dscottwarren

Post by dscottwarren » March 8th, 2020, 10:13 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Chapter 2 is PL OK! :thumbs:

By the way, please also mention it in the thread each time you upload a file. This makes it easier for me to be notified that something needs my attention. Thanks! :wink:

Great reading! It's an interesting text!
Apologies -- I waffled on whether I should ping you each time. Thanks for letting me know! More coming your way this week!
D. Scott Warren

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 18th, 2020, 6:40 pm

Hi . How is it coming?
video of our Zoom 10/18/2020 https://youtu.be/OtvgxviSrTw

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

dscottwarren

Post by dscottwarren » June 22nd, 2020, 4:00 pm

Hey Phil -- Sorry, I have had to step away the last few months to deal with some personal matters. Things are now stabilizing, so I plan to get back to it soon. The next 3 sections are recorded and just need to be edited before submission.
D. Scott Warren

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 22nd, 2020, 5:11 pm

dscottwarren wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:00 pm
Hey Phil -- Sorry, I have had to step away the last few months to deal with some personal matters. Things are now stabilizing, so I plan to get back to it soon. The next 3 sections are recorded and just need to be edited before submission.
Well, you know what Epictetus would say, "don't sweat the small stuff". (or maybe that's another Epictetus I'm thinking of?) Take your time and there is no rush at all. :D

dscottwarren

Post by dscottwarren » October 18th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Hi @Rapunzelina - The next handful of edited recordings are up and ready for review!
Note: I was finally able to get a decent recording set up at our house. If the difference between chapters 4+ and the former chapters is too great I can re-record the earlier items at a later time.

Another batch of raw recordings are done as well; I will try to get through the edits in a more expedited fashion this time around.

Thanks to everyone for your patience during this process so far.
D. Scott Warren

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » October 18th, 2020, 3:13 pm

dscottwarren wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Hi @Rapunzelina - The next handful of edited recordings are up and ready for review!
Note: I was finally able to get a decent recording set up at our house. If the difference between chapters 4+ and the former chapters is too great I can re-record the earlier items at a later time.

Another batch of raw recordings are done as well; I will try to get through the edits in a more expedited fashion this time around.

Thanks to everyone for your patience during this process so far.
As Epictetus would say, "Slow and steady gets the job done". No problem, we will be here for a long time :thumbs:
(You may be wondering about the sources for these quotes from the great man. Me too)

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » October 19th, 2020, 2:36 am

All great with the new recordings! PL OK! :thumbs:
Nice clear sound! Congrats on your new recording setup!
The difference with the previous recordings is not so great that would need re-recording, it's fine!
Come read female poets for October's Poetry Collection