COMPLETE Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods by Laura Lee Hope - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods by Laura Lee Hope ( - 0).

This project is complete! Please listen and download from the catalog page: https://librivox.org/bunny-brown-and-his-sister-sue-in-the-big-woods-by-laura-lee-hope/
Bunny Brown and his little sister, Sue, have been having adventures and fun, and getting into scrapes, since the early 1900s. From Chapter One: "Bunny Brown and his sister Sue were at Camp Rest-a-While with their father and their mother. They had come from their home in Bellemere to live for a while in the forest, on the shore of Lake Wanda, where they were all enjoying the life in the open air. They had journeyed to the woods in an automobile, carrying two tents which were set up under the trees. One tent was used to sleep in and the other for a dining room. There was also a place to cook..." This is Volume 6 of the Bunny Brown series.

This book contains racial prejudices that were once commonplace. They are retained, as originally written in this recording, because to do otherwise would be to deny they existed.( Nan Dodge)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17097
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure; Children's Fiction/Family

Keywords that describe the book: nature, adventure, Indians, series, siblings, sister and brother

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods, by Laura Lee Hope. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods by Laura Lee Hope. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods, by Laura Lee Hope. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename bunnybrownbigwoods_##_hope_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bunnybrownbigwoods_01_hope_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Laura Lee Hope
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Need a DPL?

Lomond
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Sure do -- thank YOU! :)
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hi, I can et this up for you :)

ETA
Here we go! No need to fill in ID3 tags for your recordings. I'll move it into Going Solo tomorrow. Please holler if I can help with anything :)
Kathrine
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Thank you! I will get started on the book tomorrow. (I put the chapter headings in tonight.)

Nan
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Help. I'm having password difficulties. Can someone explain to me the difference between my forum password, and the one that it seems is needed to go in to fix the MC with the five chapters I've recorded? :?

Thank you,

Nan
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Your password for the MW might be the same as for logging into the forum, or it might be different -- depends whether you re-set it. When you click the link under the MW where it says BC Admin it takes you to a window to enter your username (same as forum name) and password (may or may not be the same). There is also a link saying Forgot password; I don't think I've tried it, but I'm guessing it lets you reset your password if you can't remember your old password. :D

ETA:
Is this the first time you log into the MW?
Kathrine
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Kathrine, no it isn't, but after more than a year, I still don't have a firm grasp on the world of passwords. :) I've done a few solo books and have managed the MW myself. Last night I was too tired to figure it out, so I figured today is another day.

Thanks,

Nan
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Hi all, when I started Chapter 7, that's when the racism started. It is pretty awful. This time it's "Red Indians." I think we need to put up the disclaimer at the top of the book.

Nan
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

It looks like you were able to log in to the MW, Nan, well done! :thumbs:

Yes, we can absolutely put in a disclaimer in the summary. Would you like to formulate one, or would you like me to hunt for one LibriVox has used before?
Kathrine
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Kathrine, I would appreciate it if you could find one. Having done other books by Laura Lee Hope, I know I used one in a couple of other books at least. Perhaps one of the doll and toy books?

Thank you,

Nan
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for the pointer! :) Here is the one from the story of a calico clown: [This book contains racial prejudices that were once commonplace. They are retained, as originally written in this recording, because to do otherwise would be to deny they existed.] Would you like me to just put it at the end of the summary, or would you like to tweak it?
Kathrine
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

That seems fine to me. Does it to you?
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

It seems good to me, too. It is general enough to work for most anything :) I'll put it in right now
Kathrine