SOLO Floyd's Flowers by Silas Floyd-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

82, 86, 99, 100 all PL ok! That last paragraph about his mother got me all misty-eyed. :cry: :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Unless I get another urgent phone call or something weird (as happened last Sunday), I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to complete these PLs this evening. :thumbs:
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2019, 3:56 pm Unless I get another urgent phone call or something weird (as happened last Sunday), I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to complete these PLs this evening. :thumbs:
:thumbs: :clap:
Lola
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 73:

0:57 Text reads "Yes; and when that boy is twelve or thirteen years old somebody will have to go to him..." I hear "Yes; and when that boy is twelve or thirteen years old someday will have to go to him..."
1:12 Slight change in wording here, but to be honest, I don't understand this phrase in the text as printed, so I can't say whether or not this changes the meaning. So I'll leave this to you as an OPTIONAL note. Text is "...lit their cigarettes and went marching off as big as Trip." I hear "...lit their cigarettes and went marching off as a big Trip." I don't know who or what Trip is, so again, this one is up to you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 74:

2:54-3:09 Two takes here of the sentence "But at last the work was completed, and raised the admiration for Banneker to quite a high pitch among his few neighbors." (I prefer the second, personally. :wink:)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 80:

1:03 Pronunciation note, and therefore OPTIONAL: "draught" is an older (or chiefly British) spelling of "draft."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 92:

1:35 Slight change in wording. But I really like the tone and character in your voice here, and it would be a shame to lose that, so this change is OPTIONAL. Text reads "I used to know her quite well." I hear "I used to call her quite well."
2:23 Text reads "...turned to his other duties with the alacrity that a young spring chicken displays..." I hear "...turned to his other duties with the a clarity that a young spring chicken displays..."
3:12 OPTIONAL. Slight change in wording, but meaning is very obvious from context. Text is "...put a period to Brickermann’s reverie." I hear "...put a period to Brickermann’s revere." Only one letter off, in fact, so this is a very understandable mistake. :)
4:38 Missing the underlined word in the following. "...he hastily retired with as good grace as was possible under the circumstances."

What a funny story! I almost wish that I hadn't been reading along with the text, or that the illustration hadn't been included. What a spoiler!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

72, 75, 77 (oh, I loved that one SO much!), 81, 95, and 96 all PL ok!
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

OKAY LADIES!!!!

I made the last edits to the most recent outstanding chapters and are posted and ready for spot check.
I am so excited to hear it all together as one book.
:clap: :9:
Lola
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

All sections PL ok! Ready for catalogue! :clap: :D :D
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:51 pm All sections PL ok! Ready for catalogue! :clap: :D :D
:birthday: :clap:
Lola
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great! I'll get this into the catalog.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/floyds-flowers-by-silas-x-floyd/
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

A slight fix to the description might be in order:
for from the day that I was engaged to write this book I have had in mind constantly the thought of making it such a book as would 10tell for good.
Looks like a page number snuck in. :wink:
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

:clap: no
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: October 20th, 2019, 5:38 pm This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/floyds-flowers-by-silas-x-floyd/
:clap:
Lola